YB: Jason Garrett throws Dak Prescott under bus after loss

Gameover

Reaction score
You are simply putting quotes around words. These are clearly not words spoken by Garrett.

This isn't hard to figure out. Embarrassing

C. Hill has alway been a tabloid level journalist to me.

He's scum

Don't like him

CWR

Reaction score
Pretty big stretch to say Garrett threw Dak under the bus based on his quotes from the postgame below. Don't see that as a direct attack on Dak specifically but on the passing game as a whole. I also don't think what he said was inaccurate and Dak being the stand up guy he is, already took the blame for not playing well enough. Regardless, I don't think this is an issue at all between Dak and Garrett but I'm sure some in the media will try to make it one.

"When they play that style of defense, you have to be able to consistently attack with the passing game," head coach Jason Garrett said. "At different times today I thought we were able to do that and at other times we weren't. We didn't make the plays, for whatever reason.

"We really needed to have (consistent) success throwing the ball . We were not able to do that."

He didnt really throw him under the bus here. His game plan and preparation may have thrown Dak under the bus though. Admittedly Dak was already stepping into the street.

Zman5

Reaction score
I'm saying there are no quotes attributed to Garrett. If you claim someone is throwing someone under the bus you need to cite directly what they said.

You honestly are going to accept someone's interpretation of what someone else said as fact? Holy crap, fact matter

Put it this way. Knowing JG's history of throwing his players under the bus I wouldn't be surprised that he did.

Gameover

Reaction score
Your greatest success as a coach has come from being a run first team, why get away from that so early vs a talented defense like this with still a young QB?

Well their offense got a little ahead of us I think we needed to match them a little bit

Speaking of defense: After you played so well last week on defense, are you a little disappointed that you let this young QB have the best game of his career vs your defense? How do you explain that?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
9 attempts the entire game. Not understanding why people are even blaming Zeke in this tbh

They were selling out against the run. Did you notice that none of the runs were even close to being successful? When a D does that, you have to make them pay by throwing the ball, you have to attack them down the field. Dak didn't do that. The passing game sucked, for many reasons today, the WR couldn't get open and when they did, Dak misse them a lot. Should have had 5 interceptions today. It's really pretty simple, when a QB sees 8 in the box, you throw the ball. You can't run with 5 vs 8 or 6 vs 8.. not consistently. The passing game wasn't working today. That and the D not being able to tackle anyone is what cost the game. Period.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Put it this way. Knowing JG's history of throwing his players under the bus I wouldn't be surprised that he did.

That contrasted with your ability to understand a quote vs. second hand garbage speaks volumes.

Zman5

Reaction score
That contrasted with your ability to understand a quote vs. second hand garbage speaks volumes.

Yeh so MSN and Clarence Hill both came up with the same conclusion just to troll JG. They risked their jobs/reputation and made this stuff up just to make conspiracy theorist nuts like you happy.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Throw...show. I hate the media taking a piss over the internet and reporting industry. Yellow journalism...uh, lack of real ethics.

Wood

Reaction score
After the Cowboys first loss of the season, head coach Jason Garrett placed the blame squarely the passing game.

There were more than a few things that could be pointed to as reasons why the Cowboys were not victorious. Garrett took aim at Prescott.

Clarence Hill Jr‏Verified account @clarencehilljr 2h2 hours ago

Jason Garrett put the blame squarely on Dak Prescott's inability to make plays in the passing game

It has been noted on several occasions Prescott is cautious with the ball, often preferring to take the safe option over making a risky throw down the field. However, the approach helped Prescott to a stellar rookie season and Pro Bowl nod last year. And, Dallas was 13-3 during the regular season in games he started.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-garrett-throws-dak-prescott-under-bus-after-loss/ar-AAs6yHm?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Probably felt Dak was only one who could emotionally handle criticism. That's usually how it goes. Doesn't say much for rest of team.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
People said they would load the box and make Dak pass. That Dak would have to back them out of that to get to a balanced defense to play against. Well, that's what happened and Zak didn't perform. Neither did the receivers for the most part nor did the play calling although that is very problematic to call and that may be very wrong.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
LOL......classic Garrett

He did the same thing to Romo after some losses. Dak is learning what Romo had to put up with, because the one thing you can take to the bank is Garrett saving his own hide.

Wood

Reaction score
Did anyone ask Jason about his team's inability to run the ball today?

Or a complete lack of a defense?

the bigger question is why single OL couldn't generate a crease for Zeke to start that game. Looked like Zeke was trying to run thru wall on every hand-off. I don't remember Denver being elite in that area. As matter of fact they finished 25th in league last year again run. I know they added a few pieces but those pieces weren't Aaron Donald or Fletcher Cox.