Yeah I am going there. coaching names

superonyx

Reaction score
It wont be long before Frank Reich becomes a commodity. Its a copy cat league.

Also during the preseason there was a serious amount of speculation and some articles written in Philly about Jim Schwartz planning to replace Doug Peterson in Philly.

I can't stand Schwartz but he knows how to coach a defense and wants to be the guy again. He had the bills defense playing well and now the eagles...

The reality is Jerry has given me zero reason to hope that GJ and staff wont be he as long as he is alive. I dont think he wants to retrain another puppet at his age.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Gruden ?

Jim Harbaugh wants out of college football ?

Just adding names. If you got them list them.

Does Harbaugh want out? I keep hearing his name, but is that just our fans naming him, or has this been mentioned elsewhere other than on here?

maybe if Ohio State, and I hope they do, obliterate 'that team from up north" as woody Hayes used to say, and they still do. As they do not mention the word Michigan at OSU. But if they do, will they move on from Harbaugh.
The thing is, Jerry will not displace Jason. So nothing will happen.

Reaction score
I have no issues with a fresh face and new ideas at HC. Heaven knows this archaic offense needs updating. Although I do like McDaniels.

Regardless, it all boils down to who can work with Jerry Jones constantly looking over his shoulder? Are any of these guys OK with Jerry spouting off decisions that should be made by the HC on a weekly basis? Nobody knows.

If somehow Sean Peyton becomes available, he would have to be the guy. At least he is familiar with the circus in Dallas.

Great to hear new names. But I still don't think Garrett goes anywhere. We would have to lose out for a change at the position.

Swanny

Reaction score
Someone mentioned David Shaw Stanford HC and I think I would really like that move.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
4) Bob Cooter - Lions OC. This guy is young, like Sean McVeigh young. But pretty wide respected in the league. Pretty innovative offensive coach. And even in better, given all our problems with players who have had trouble with the law, Cooter was arrested in 2009 for aggravated burglary when he got drunk and climbed into a bed with a woman after he broke into her apartment. LOL. Also has a DUI from 2006.

YIKES as a 26 year old who does plenty of drinking how does this happen.....

Sydla

Reaction score
Someone mentioned David Shaw Stanford HC and I think I would really like that move.

I don't think he'd ever leave Stanford. He's apparently had chances before and he's declined.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Does Harbaugh want out? I keep hearing his name, but is that just our fans naming him, or has this been mentioned elsewhere other than on here?

maybe if Ohio State, and I hope they do, obliterate 'that team from up north" as woody Hayes used to say, and they still do. As they do not mention the word Michigan at OSU. But if they do, will they move on from Harbaugh.
The thing is, Jerry will not displace Jason. So nothing will happen.
My brother is a college football freak he called me this morning saying Harbaugh wants out of college football. I haven't checked what he told me, but i am guessing it's partially true at least.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I want no part of anyone from the Belicheck coaching tree. How do you know Patricia isn't propped up by Belicheck?
Because he's the DC, and they've always had a top 10 scoring defense. Your point is valid, but the real question is: can he be any worse than Jason Garrett?

The answer is NO.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Harbaugh is my fave but I don't think he and Jerry would get along so he would be canned similar to what happened in San Fran.

Cooter...now that is a back woods name that puts a smile on my face.

Hmmm...
I heard this weekend that he is high with some for the Tennessee job, but many Vols boosters want more of a splash hire, like Gruden.

Reaction score
My brother is a college football freak he called me this morning saying Harbaugh wants out of college football. I haven't checked what he told me, but i am guessing it's partially true at least.
Harbaugh is taking heat in Michigan because he can't beat Ohio State and Michigan State in the same year. When he beats one, he loses to the other.

If he leaves, he will have his choice of jobs. I don't see him getting along with Jerry. I think it's much more likely he goes to a team like the Giants.

aikemirv

Reaction score
No ESTABLISHED coach like Harbaugh will work with Jerry. It has to be someone who has never been a NFL HC before. And he will have to be able to put up with Jerry. That is a lot to ask.
You mean like Parcells?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean like Parcells?

Jerry let up to work with Bill in order to get his new Stadium.
Bill put up with Jerry because Bill was needing money after a divorce.

Now both may generally liked each other, both may have wanted it to work, both may have had better overall intentions...but don't ever over look those two reasons as they were at the heart of it for both.