Yeah, the stinking Commanders dont have a 2nd & 4th next year in 2007 draft

jrockster77

Reaction score
Shaun said:
Not at all. But I can see how someone who roots for a franchise with the history that yours does would be so excited about winning a wild card game. I personally feel that if you don't win the superbowl all winning a playoff game does is buy an extra week or two of practice.

I'm assuming you mean recent history, as in the past 15 years. And yes, the Commanders sucked for 15 years, its not a secret or anything. You're a liar if you say you're not excited about your team making the playoffs.

And its not the playoff victory, its the potential for more that has Skins fans excited. ;)

But just a reminder, its been 10 years since the Cowboys won anything (based on your logic) as well, so you're not really in any position to talk smack.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Ohnoes!!! The Cowboys have won more superbowls than the Commanders!! :(

What's better, 2 or 0?? I'm positive you know what I'm referring to.

It's because you guys were never in the playoffs late enough to play us more than twice...

We've only been in the playoffs together 9 times. Out of those times, you lost in the first round 5 of those 9 years.

We have more playoff VICTORIES than you guys have APPEARANCES... ;)

jrockster77

Reaction score
trickblue said:
It's because you guys were never in the playoffs late enough to play us more than twice...

We've only been in the playoffs together 9 times. Out of those times, you lost in the first round 5 of those 9 years.

We have more playoff VICTORIES than you guys have APPEARANCES... ;)

Hey, that's fine. I still wouldn't trade the 2nd quarter of SB22 for ALL of your superbowls. But hey, that's just me.

Keep living in the past, gentlemen...you're going to need that reassurance this season.

Shaun

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
I'm assuming you mean recent history, as in the past 15 years. And yes, the Commanders sucked for 15 years, its not a secret or anything. You're a liar if you say you're not excited about your team making the playoffs.

And its not the playoff victory, its the potential for more that has Skins fans excited. ;)

But just a reminder, its been 10 years since the Cowboys won anything (based on your logic) as well, so you're not really in any position to talk smack.

I could mean 40 and yours would still pale in comparison.

And I'm not really talking smack, I'm just pointing out that winning a playoff game and sweeping us for the first time in our last 17 games isn't that much to crow about.

illone

Reaction score
The point here is the Commanders will do just fine without those draft picks next year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
Man...its amazing how much hate one season-sweep can generate.

Not at all!

It's amazing how much you can wet your panties for one season-sweep!

Especially after having your butts kicked up and down the block for...what? Seven or eight years?

:lmao:

:dissskin: Damn good dog!

trickblue

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Hey, that's fine. I still wouldn't trade the 2nd quarter of SB22 for ALL of your superbowls. But hey, that's just me.

Keep living in the past, gentlemen...you're going to need that reassurance this season.
WHOAAA.... who is living in the past...

I never said
jrockster77 said:
What's better, 2 or 0?? I'm positive you know what I'm referring to.
I was just setting the record straight... ;)

And for the record... I'll keep our SB's over yours as I prefer a non strike-shortened season as a part of my celebration... but hey, that's just me... :D

illone

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Exactly....close the thread. :toast2:

Don't ever reply with that smilie again. From here on out just do *cheers*

*laugh*

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:

"What's better, 2 or 0?? I'm positive you know what I'm referring to."

Hypocrite, are you?

RedStink logic at work....

jrockster77

Reaction score
trickblue said:
WHOAAA.... who is living in the past...

I was just setting the record straight... ;)

Last season is a far cry from 9 of our last joint-playoff appearances. ;) But I got ya. The record is straight! :)

And for the record... I'll keep our SB's over yours as I prefer a non strike-shortened season as a part of my celebration... but hey, that's just me... :D

Its cool bro...go ahead and keep them. I happen to like strike shortened seasons where the scab Commanders beat the regular Cowboys...:D Adds a special *warmth* to the season. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
illone said:
The point here is the Commanders will do just fine without those draft picks next year.

And, you know this...how?

Are you a Swami? :lmao2:

jrockster77

Reaction score
5Stars said:
"What's better, 2 or 0?? I'm positive you know what I'm referring to."

Hypocrite, are you?

RedStink logic at work....

Comparing superbowl victories when the last either of our teams won was over 10 years ago, and comparing joint playoff appearances from our entire history is a far cry from talking about last season. Because, you know...last season is relevant whereas the other stuff is not.

But, I wouldn't expect you to understand that, so carry on.

illone

Reaction score
5Stars said:
And, you know this...how?

Since you seem to know so much why not tell the group which Commander free agents HAVENT worked out for Gibbs and company.

Go ahead, everyone is waiting.

Harder than you thought, right? Intelligence isn't one of your strong points I see. That's ok, just keep putting the dog pissing on the Commanders helmet in all your posts. It does wonders for your argument:rolleyes:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah, but you Commanders fans had better remember, Joe Gibbs did the same thing when he won those super bowls, he traded away draft picks, then he retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He knew that they would reap what he sewn, by trading away his future picks

So, eventually it will catch up with you.

I know it will, because the same thing happened to us, after 1995, we traded away our future draft picks, like 2 # 1 picks for Joey Galloway. And we traded away other picks too, trying to get a super bowl, but it was too late, our star players like Aikman, Emmitt Smith, Erik Williams, (whom we should have traded to Jaquars for their # 2, but Jerry wanted a # 1), and we traded down too for other picks.

TEAMS ARE BUILT THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!! If you trade away your future picks, eventually it will cost you. We (the cowboys hit that snag with our over priced veterans and trading away our future draft picks).

So, one day, not sure when but you will pay for trading away your draft picks.

trickblue

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Comparing superbowl victories when the last either of our teams won was over 10 years ago, and comparing joint playoff appearances from our entire history is a far cry from talking about last season. Because, you know...last season is relevant whereas the other stuff is not.

But, I wouldn't expect you to understand that, so carry on.

In fairness... my Commander friends at ES rarely wanted to talk about "last season" during the streak as it was not "relevent"...

Why is it now?

Now I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just looking for consistent logic...