Yeah, the stinking Commanders dont have a 2nd & 4th next year in 2007 draft

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It's a neat trick talking out of both sides of your mouth like that. Calling other posters hypocrites? I love irony.

What are you talking about?? Trickblue made a comment about past playoff appearances. I said, that's fine, but I still like our history better than your history. How is that talking out of both sides of my mouth??

If I had said "Man, because of the 2nd quarter of SB 22, the Skins will DEFINITELY win the superbowl this year," then yeah, I would be guilty of what you say I am.

You've got some severely twisted logic, man...severely.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
What are you talking about?? Trickblue made a comment about past playoff appearances. I said, that's fine, but I still like our history better than your history. How is that talking out of both sides of my mouth??
No one is this dense.

"Stop living in the past" was interesting advice when the sentence before you were relishing good old 2nd quarter of a Super Bowl 19 years ago.

If I had said "Man, because of the 2nd quarter of SB 22, the Skins will DEFINITELY win the superbowl this year," then yeah, I would be guilty of what you say I am.
Huh?

That doesn't even make sense.

You've got some severely twisted logic, man...severely.
You had to be looking in the mirror when you said that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
Thanks for confirming your troll status, 5Bars. ;)

blah, hlah, blah...

And again, thanks for confirming your troll status, 5bars! ;)

Your welcome!

And...if you think that that first game was not "lucky", or "fate"...or...***T HAPPENS...and you want to call that beating the Boyz...have at it!

It don't mean a thing to me...!

The Boyz sweept the Eagles...do you see us over here crowing about it? Walking around with our chests poking out?

You RedStinks just showed up on this forum this year. That's good...!

:laugh1:

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
No one is this dense.
I agree...you're actually scaring me. There's definitely a communication breakdown here.

I was referring to this, upcoming, 2006 season. Not using the past to justify why one team will be better than another in this upcoming, 2006 season. Comparing the 2nd quarter of SB22 (19 years ago) to the 5 Cowboy Superbowls (the most recent of which was 10 years ago) is vastly, vastly different. I wish you could see the difference...I really do.

It was a flippant remark....I guess that doesn't come off well on a message board. *whoknows*

illone

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It's a neat trick talking out of both sides of your mouth like that. Calling other posters hypocrites? I love irony.

The real irony lies in you trying to twist his words into something they are not.

You know not all Commanders fans posters are here to try to spin you guys up. When you reply to every post we make in a negative manner you lead the pack so guys like 5stars et al can post smilies and other lame arguments and call it done.

If you want to debate intelligently then lead by example.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
I agree...you're actually scaring me. There's definitely a communication breakdown here.
Did you ever see the movie "The Outsiders?" There's a scene where a large man is talking with Pony Boy played by C. Thomas Howell. The large man is smoking and proceeds to tell Pony Boy he shouldn't smoke when he lights up.

What you said was analogous to that.

Fog clearing yet? If not perhaps a lobotomy...

Birdlives

Reaction score
Uh oh, the Skins don't have all their draft picks, alert the media. I guess they might as well quit right now and forget ever winning a Superbowl cause every team that keeps alot of draft picks has won a Superbowl, just like the eagles.

:rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
illone said:
The real irony lies in you trying to twist his words into something they are not.

You know not all Commanders fans posters are here to try to spin you guys up. When you reply to every post we make in a negative manner you lead the pack so guys like 5stars et al can post smilies and other lame arguments and call it done.

It's an epidemic.

I twisted words? Where?

Super Bowl 22...."stop living in the past."

Super Bowl 22...played January 31, 1988.

Forgive me, that's not the "past?"

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
illone said:
here here *cheers*

Notice above how he counldn't respond to the question in my post.

*laugh*

Ask me the question again, sickone...

If your talking about what St. Gibbs drafted or traded for in the past?

Hell no! I cannot answer that!

I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan...! (RedStink logic at work)...:rolleyes:

:lmao:

(like i care)! :cool:

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Did you ever see the movie "The Outsiders?" There's a scene where a large man is talking with Pony Boy played by C. Thomas Howell. The large man is smoking and proceeds to tell Pony Boy he shouldn't smoke when he lights up.

What you said was analogous to that.

Fog clearing yet? If not perhaps a lobotomy...

Its so far from that its not even funny...

illone said:

Quoted for truth. The stand you are taking is a little disappointing, Hostile. I mean, I wish I could debate football here, not connotation.

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
It's an epidemic.

I twisted words? Where?

Super Bowl 22...."stop living in the past."

Super Bowl 22...played January 31, 1988.

Forgive me, that's not the "past?"

Man, you know exactly what I said and how its different that the "living in the past" comment. Ask any Eagles fan about that...they'll tell you exactly what I'm saying. During their 4-year run of dominance, most Skins fans I saw (and I'm SURE Cowboy fans were doing it as well) were saying

"OH yeah??? Well the Eagles have an empty superbowl case!!!11 LOLOLOLOL"

If an Eagles fan had said "stop living in the past," which they did all the time, but then went on to say "Man, the bodybag game was so much better than any superbowl the Commanders have won," those are two totally different things.

You want to continue to argue syntax, go ahead. I'm over it...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:

I was referring to this, upcoming, 2006 season. Not using the past to justify why one team will be better than another in this upcoming, 2006 season. Comparing the 2nd quarter of SB22 (19 years ago) to the 5 Cowboy Superbowls (the most recent of which was 10 years ago) is vastly, vastly different. I wish you could see the difference...I really do.

It was a flippant remark....I guess that doesn't come off well on a message board. *whoknows*

And the roaches start going back undercover...!

You said what you said! Stop swimming!

I am a troll...and I say stop trying to take back what you stated! We see....

:cool:

:star:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Its so far from that its not even funny...
Yet 2 people wondered the same thing after you posted it and responded to it. More probably get it. Hmm.

I wish sometimes that I played stupid games on other team's message boards. I'd talk about say Super Bowl XXVII being my favorite and then tell a Commanders fan in the next sentence to not live in the past.

Unless you're all wired the same way I bet most would see the hypocrisy of the 2 statements.

Quoted for truth. The stand you are taking is a little disappointing, Hostile. I mean, I wish I could debate football here, not connotation.
I'm sorry this is just funny. I can't even take this seriously.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Man, you know exactly what I said and how its different that the "living in the past" comment. Ask any Eagles fan about that...they'll tell you exactly what I'm saying. During their 4-year run of dominance, most Skins fans I saw (and I'm SURE Cowboy fans were doing it as well) were saying

If an Eagles fan had said "stop living in the past," which they did all the time, but then went on to say "Man, the bodybag game was so much better than any superbowl the Commanders have won," those are two totally different things.

I'd educate you on what syntax is but I get the feeling it would do a fly by.

Apparently you don't have a clue what living in the past means. I'm sorry for not realizing that. It's such an easy concept it baffles me that you're making it so difficult.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:

So...this post of yours does verify that you indead are a troll! Do you regularly go to Eagles forums too?

:lmao:

I don't know?

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yet 2 people wondered the same thing after you posted it and responded to it. More probably get it. Hmm.

I wish sometimes that I played stupid games on other team's message boards. I'd talk about say Super Bowl XXVII being my favorite and then tell a Commanders fan in the next sentence to not live in the past.

Unless you're all wired the same way I bet most would see the hypocrisy of the 2 statements.

So...you think that having a favorite superbowl and "living in the past" are the same thing? Well...that explains a lot. I just hope you don't think SB27 is an indicator of what the Boys will do this season...

Answer this question, Hostile:

What is more relevant to this upcoming season? The fact that the Cowboys have 5 superbowl trophies, or the fact that the Skins won 5 in a row to make the playoffs and won a playoff game on the road in Tampa last season? Hopefully, that will clear some things up for you...

I'm sorry this is just funny. I can't even take this seriously.

Well, obviously you don't take the quality of debate on your board seriously, as you let trolls like 5Bars wander around...

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'd educate you on what syntax is but I get the feeling it would do a fly by.

Apparently you don't have a clue what living in the past means. I'm sorry for not realizing that. It's such an easy concept it baffles me that you're making it so difficult.
Ummm...you're the one with a limited understanding of the phrase. "Using the past to alleviate current circumstances" is the meaning of "living in the past," in the context of my post. SB22 and the 5 Cowboy superbowls are hardly current, as you yourself have pointed out many, many times.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:

you'll find this with some posters. its not you... in case you were wondering.

its amazing what one grasps at after one bad season. :(

jrockster77

Reaction score
illone said:

riggo said:
you'll find this with some posters. its not you... in case you were wondering.

its amazing what one grasps at after one bad season. :(

Phew! I'm relieved to see its not just me. But then again, maybe we're all just "wired" the same way....:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
So...you think that having a favorite superbowl and "living in the past" are the same thing? Well...that explains a lot. I just hope you don't think SB27 is an indicator of what the Boys will do this season...
Dude, what is up with the indicator of 2006 season? Where does that come from?

Do you know what "living in the past" even is? It means hanging on to things long gone. Like Super Bowl XXVII or XXII. When people tell you or me to "quit living in the past" about our respective teams it is about the pride we have in those games.

So on one hand you're gushing about the 2nd quarter of Super Bowl 22. And in the next statement you're telling someone to "stop living in the past."

That doesn't strike you as just the least bit ironic? For the love of clear thought why?

Answer this question, Hostile:

What is more relevant to this upcoming season? The fact that the Cowboys have 5 superbowl trophies, or the fact that the Skins won 5 in a row to make the playoffs and won a playoff game on the road in Tampa last season? Hopefully, that will clear some things up for you...
What the hell does winning 5 in a row in 2005 have to do with Super Bowl 22? You weren't talking about it in the post I quoted. You were talking about a Super Bowl played 19 seasons ago. If it was brought up before that I wasn't in the conversation and have no knowledge of it.

My honest answer is that neither one are "relevant" to 2006 but 2005 is obviously more "recent." Now if you want to gripe about conotation go right ahead, but as evidence that this is my philosophy I will point out to you that I think our sweep of the Eagles in 2005 means nothing about 2006. So at least I am consistent. In other words, not a hypocrite.