Yeah, the stinking Commanders dont have a 2nd & 4th next year in 2007 draft

illone

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
So, one day, not sure when but you will pay for trading away your draft picks.

Sure, when you're trading for washed up vets you might be right. When you're acquiring young talent with tons of upside then your logic falls short, very short. Also, we traded future picks for rookies that haven't even played in the NFL yet. You can crow all you want and try to predict the future, but the truth remains that Gibbs knows what he's doing when trading those picks.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
Because, you know...last season is relevant whereas the other stuff is not.

Ok! Help me out here...

Last season is in the past...so that is relevant to you, right? Is that what I hear you say?

However, the past SuperBowls, of which the Cowboys have five shining Lombardi's, compared to your teams one shine Lombardi, and two tarnished plastic Lombardi's mean nothing? Is that your point?

:lmao:

Well, here we have some more RedStink logic....

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
trickblue said:
In fairness... my Commander friends at ES rarely wanted to talk about "last season" during the streak as it was not "relevent"...

Why is it now?

Now I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just looking for consistent logic...

Good luck in your search.

jrockster77

Reaction score
cowboyjoe said:
yeah, but you Commanders fans had better remember, Joe Gibbs did the same thing when he won those super bowls, he traded away draft picks, then he retired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He knew that they would reap what he sewn, by trading away his future picks

So, eventually it will catch up with you.

Gibbs I was much different circumstances. First off, there was no cap when he was first around. He could trade away and sign players with no ramifications to any of it. They installed the cap the year that Joe retired, and the cap was the reason the team had to cut a lot of its star players.

In Gibbs II, however, we've got Snyder as owner -- the cap is Snyder's *****. All of our contracts are structured to be very cap-friendly.

Building a team through the draft is only one method...its proven, but then again so is building through free-agency.

jrockster77

Reaction score
trickblue said:
In fairness... my Commander friends at ES rarely wanted to talk about "last season" during the streak as it was not "relevent"...

Why is it now?

Now I'm not saying it isn't, I'm just looking for consistent logic...

Well, as it is here (*cough5starscough*) it is back on ES. There are plenty of posters over there who have no debate skills. During the streak, the season before was plenty relevant. However its more relevant this time around because for the first time in a long time, we've had some success, and most importantly, continuity.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
illone said:
That's ok, just keep putting the dog pissing on the Commanders helmet in all your posts. It does wonders for your argument:rolleyes:

You mean this dog, Gibbs?

:dissskin:

Anything for you, sickone!

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
These guy's get giddy because they swept us last year, fine. Enjoy it while it lasts. I am sure having it pent up for 7 or 8 years is what has you all giddy about the sweep. This year will tell, and I can garuntee you that when we win the first meeting between us not a single one of you janitors will come to this board and eat your crow.....

jrockster77

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Ok! Help me out here...

Last season is in the past...so that is relevant to you, right? Is that what I hear you say?

However, the past SuperBowls, of which the Cowboys have five shining Lombardi's, compared to your teams one shine Lombardi, and two tarnished plastic Lombardi's mean nothing? Is that your point?

Well, here we have some more RedStink logic....

So enlighten me, 5Bars, how are your 5 lombardies going to help the Cowboys win this season?? And also, how will that help equally or moreso than the continuity and chemistry formed by the Skins last season?

Sigh...I know I'll never get a serious response to that question, so don't even bother.

BTW -- If you DO figure that out, you might want to let Tuna know.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
illone said:
You can crow all you want and try to predict the future, but the truth remains that Gibbs knows what he's doing when trading those picks.

Uh...how do you know this? It sounds like YOU are the one trying to predict the future!

This get more funnier every time you post!

:lmao2:

jrockster77

Reaction score
sbuscha said:
These guy's get giddy because they swept us last year, fine. Enjoy it while it lasts. I am sure having it pent up for 7 or 8 years is what has you all giddy about the sweep. This year will tell, and I can garuntee you that when we win the first meeting between us not a single one of you janitors will come to this board and eat your crow.....

I promise you I will be here on September 18th, no matter what happens. You can save this post if you want -- if I don't show up on the 18th, I volunteer for a permanent ban.

BTW -- its not the sweep last year. That was pretty irrelevant. It was the dominating defensive performance in the playoffs in Tampa that has us excited. Its also the addition of offensive guru Al Saunders that has us excited, as well as competent receivers opposite of Santana that has us excited. The sweep was nice, yes, but whether or not we sweep you has very little impact on the success of our season. Of all our SB years, only in 87 did we sweep you. With scab players*.

(*sorry, had to throw that in. ;)).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Hey, that's fine. I still wouldn't trade the 2nd quarter of SB22 for ALL of your superbowls. But hey, that's just me.

Keep living in the past, gentlemen...you're going to need that reassurance this season.
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Super Bowl XXII "in the past?"

jrockster77

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Uh...how do you know this? It sounds like YOU are the one trying to predict the future!

This get more funnier every time you post!

:lmao2:

Case in point: Gibbs trades up to nab Chris Cooley in the 3rd round, when many experts and scouts say he reached. Bill Parcells told this kid he would never play in the NFL. 2 seasons, 1000 yards, 13 touchdowns and almost 70 first downs later, Gibbs looks like he knows what he is doing. ;)

jrockster77

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Super Bowl XXII "in the past?"

Come on, Hostile...you're intelligent. You know exactly what I was saying. And no, I'm not going to take the bait. ;)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
jrockster77 said:
So enlighten me, 5Bars, how are your 5 lombardies going to help the Cowboys win this season?? And also, how will that help equally or moreso than the continuity and chemistry formed by the Skins last season?

Sigh...I know I'll never get a serious response to that question, so don't even bother.

BTW -- If you DO figure that out, you might want to let Tuna know.

I have no freaking idea what will happen THIS season!

I DO KNOW, unlike some of you idiots, that what happend last year does not automatically transfer to this year!

One "lucky" year, one fluke game aginst the Cowboys...and adding several HIGH PRICED free agents, that are not worth the money...does not make "chemistry"!

It's been tried several times by the Midget...I doubt it will work this year...

But, have fun..."not living in the past"! :lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
Come on, Hostile...you're intelligent. You know exactly what I was saying. And no, I'm not going to take the bait. ;)
It's a neat trick talking out of both sides of your mouth like that. Calling other posters hypocrites? I love irony.

jrockster77

Reaction score
5Stars said:
I have no freaking idea what will happen THIS season!

Thanks for confirming your troll status, 5Bars. ;)

I DO KNOW, unlike some of you idiots, that what happend last year does not automatically transfer to this year!

Of course not....please point out where I said that, and I'll kindly apologize. You won't be able to, however, because I've never said it. Since you're the one that keeps harping on it, it must have really bothered you. Sorry about that...hope it happens again. :)

One "lucky" year, one fluke game aginst the Cowboys...and adding several HIGH PRICED free agents, that are not worth the money...does not make "chemistry"!
Please explain how you classify last year as "lucky." And the Skins made the playoffs and won on the road, while the Cowboys watched from home...so maybe it wasn't a fluke after all??? And Santana ended up with 1483 yards...maybe those two bombs weren't a fluke??

And I agree...signing free-agents doesn't promote chemistry. In fact, one of my biggest concerns is losing Clark and adding Arch...Taylor and Clark had good chemistry in the secondary, and I don't know how Arch will effect that. But, only time will tell.

It's been tried several times by the Midget...I doubt it will work this year...

But, have fun..."not living in the past"! :lmao:

And again, thanks for confirming your troll status, 5bars! ;)

illone

Reaction score
jrockster77 said:
And again, thanks for confirming your troll status, 5bars! ;)

here here *cheers*

Notice above how he counldn't respond to the question in my post.

*laugh*