Yes, we might get squat for Romo but squat he has given us for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak is 0-1

Would you prefer 0% playoff wins or 30%?
Well, Romo acolyte, Dak has played a year. Romo played 10.
I am sure you will be happier being a Texan fan when you follow Romo --- 37, brittle and with a one-year layoff --- to Houston, since you seem to dislike Dak.
We will miss you.
I lied. We won't miss you or that 2-4 playoffs wonder Romo.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dan Marino...that boy could throw the ball. He did take Miami to a SB. There was some substance to Dan.
Yeah, I loved that season when Romo took the Cowboys to the Super Bowl. ...
He did take the Cowboys to the Super Bowel, didn't he????
DIDN'T HE????:huh:

haleyrules

Reaction score
Well...what did the Cowboys get for Troy...Danny...Roger...they all had something left!! They were also much better QB's!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Romo gave the Cowboys a lot and I appreciate him for it. Much of the problems we had when Romo was the starter was due to bad coaching and general organizational decisions. The issue is that he does deserve some of the blame as well and the Romo lemmings never see that. I'd probably put it 75% coaching/organization failures and 25% Romo.

I don't think he was a top-4 QB of his era...I would take Peyton, Brady, Brees, Rodgers over him. I would take Roethlisberger over him given Roethlisberger's postseason success. But, Roethlisberger has the same type of limitations he just had better coaching and organizational decisions to work around his limitations and make him a 2 time winning Super Bowl QB.

And if you're not in the top-4 at your position, I don't consider you elite.

If you adjust the numbers of other QB's in Dallas for Romo's era...he's way behind Staubach (who could now be made a case for best QB of all time) and even behind Don Meredith and only slightly better than Danny White. However, it's still really good numbers and he's well ahead of Troy. That's why Super Bowl victories matter so much to people when it comes to QB's.

I look at Romo and see what could have been, but as I said before...Romo deserves some of the blame as well. Hopefully we will learn from our mistakes with Dak and I don't think many fans appreciate just how great of a season Dak had. Not just for a rookie QB...but for any QB. Not only has Romo never had a single season QBR as high as Dak did in 2016, but Tom Brady only had 1 season with a QBR better than Dak's (2017). Dak still has a long way to go and the coaching staff and organization have a long way to go before I believe they can handle a player like Dak. But only a fool would want Romo starting instead of Dak and not see the reason why Cowboys fans are optimistic about our young QB.

YR

Good effort, stout lad!
It is rare to see a passionate fan take a look at both sides of the question.:thumbup:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Well, Romo acolyte, Dak has played a year. Romo played 10.
I am sure you will be happier being a Texan fan when you follow Romo --- 37, brittle and with a one-year layoff --- to Houston, since you seem to dislike Dak.
We will miss you.
I lied. We won't miss you or that 2-4 playoffs wonder Romo.

61315265.jpg

rambo2

Reaction score
Despite your boyish subliminal, it's a new day,
Dak rules.
Romo, at best, nurses a journeyman's career.
Nothing else.
But bless his heart, even Romo knows when to give it up.
And, you should too, leathery bloke.
I hate to tell you , but Romo helped Dak a lot.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak doesn't have Jason Garrett as an OC, Felix Jones as RB, nor did he have a guy like Gurode as Center who couldn't call plays at the line and the rest of the trash we trotted out there.. nor did he have the Garrett brothers as his passing game coordinators a washed up Hudson Houck as an OL coach..

Nor was Romo even allowed by Garrett in game planning until the end of 2013, coincidentally when all the changes started happening on offense..

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Dak doesn't have Jason Garrett as an OC, Felix Jones as RB, nor did he have a guy like Gurode as Center who couldn't call plays at the line and the rest of the trash we trotted out there.. nor did he have the Garrett brothers as his passing game coordinators a washed up Hudson Houck as an OL coach..

Nor was Romo even allowed by Garrett in game planning until the end of 2013, coincidentally when all the changes started happening on offense..

Come on now...you know phil costa was a beast!

khiladi

Reaction score
Come on now...you know phil costa was a beast!

And that being involved in game-planning was actually forced on Garrett by Jerry Jones, when the new contract to Romo was given. Jason Garrett in control of the offense was Romo's 'worst enemy' in actuality...

It is no surprise this decision of Romo being more involved also correlated with Callahan coming in and started revamping the line and running game. Jerry even experimented after one year with Callahan to hand him the offensive play-calling to Callahan, taking it away from Garrett and Callahan was never a decent OC anyways. Jerry finally started seeing the writing on the wall with his "Boy Wonder, Head Coach in Training" and removed him from the offense.

Romo is the reason we basically abandoned Garrett's garbage as OC.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Phillip Rivers disagrees.
Phillip Rivers has had a HOF RB, and very good to great OL, a very good defense and a good head coach in his time. Name me the last season Romo had all 4 of those in his career. Ill wait

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers has had a HOF RB, and very good to great OL, a very good defense and a good head coach in his time. Name me the last season Romo had all 4 of those in his career. Ill wait
2009 Romo had a team good enough to win. He didn't have a HOF running back, but he had other HOF level players around.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Marino, poster boy for all fans defending some other failed QB.:muttley:
He was a starting QB longer than Tony Romo was. That would make him "the QB most failed by his Organization in the history of the NFL" wouldn't he? I don't see "Super Bowl Champion" on his resume anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.