Yes, we might get squat for Romo but squat he has given us for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
Hey look! A Romo thread that judges a QB by team accomplishments and finds the player wanting! Now I've seen everything.

I've mentioned it before but I think it's beyond hilarious that people will use Daks stats to anoint him the second coming but will disregard Tony having the 4th highest QB rating ever in the NFL. Do I think Tony is the 4th best QB ever? No, I do not. Just like I do not believe Dak is the second coming.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He was a starting QB longer than Tony Romo was. That would make him "the QB most failed by his Organization in the history of the NFL" wouldn't he? I don't see "Super Bowl Champion" on his resume anywhere.
So you ... somehow ...feel better about our Romo years? Sad.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
You are the reason our fanbase is the laughing stock of the NFL

Word. Some people appear to have missed the post-Aikman/pre-Romo years. Romo made this team way better than it would have been with one of those lesser QBs.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
What do you folks not understand about team sports? Statistically, Romo is a top 10 QB all time period. Why can players in the NBA or MLB get in HOF without winning championships and even non-QBs in the NFL, but a QB is judged by SBs. It's that stupid thinking that gor Terry Bradshaw in the Hall.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Marino took the Dolphins to 18 playoff games and won almost half of them in 16 years played. He ranks 5th on the all time TD list (420 TDS)

Romo appeared in 6 playoff games winning just 2 in 13 years played and ranks 21st in TD's in a pass friendly era in the NFL (248 TD's).

The Marino/Romo comparison is ri-damn-diculous.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Dan Marino took the Dolphins to 18 playoff games and won almost half of them in 16 years played. He ranks 5th on the all time TD list (420 TDS)

Romo appeared in 6 playoff games winning just 2 in 13 years played and ranks 21st in TD's in a pass friendly era in the NFL (248 TD's).

The Marino/Romo comparison is ri-damn-diculous.
lol. Marino did it without a defense or offensive line. He was truly elite.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I've mentioned it before but I think it's beyond hilarious that people will use Daks stats to anoint him the second coming but will disregard Tony having the 4th highest QB rating ever in the NFL. Do I think Tony is the 4th best QB ever? No, I do not. Just like I do not believe Dak is the second coming.
People base their views of Prescott on hope. Prescott is all the fan base have...so everyone hopes he is the real thing. Time will tell.

maxdogg

Reaction score
People base their views of Prescott on hope. Prescott is all the fan base have...so everyone hopes he is the real thing. Time will tell.
I agree haley.I think the reason Dak gives so much hope is how well he played overall this year.
He really did play like a veteran most of the year but sure he showed his rookie side at times.
I really think he is the real deal but like you said time will tell.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak doesn't have Jason Garrett as an OC, Felix Jones as RB, nor did he have a guy like Gurode as Center who couldn't call plays at the line and the rest of the trash we trotted out there.. nor did he have the Garrett brothers as his passing game coordinators a washed up Hudson Houck as an OL coach..

Nor was Romo even allowed by Garrett in game planning until the end of 2013, coincidentally when all the changes started happening on offense..
Doesn't Hudson Houck have a Super Bowl ring?
Romo, on the other hand, has 2 first-round playoff game rings.:thumbup:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Tony-Romo-Bootsy-Bellows.jpg

Romo and his two rings. :muttley:

khiladi

Reaction score

So do a lot of bums from the Dallas dynasty, including Jason Garrett. You know who also has a Super Bowl ring? Dave Campo and he also came back and proceeded to coach our DBs into horrendous play. The game can pass people by, like it did Zampese when he returned to the Cowboys, though prior he was a Coryell phenom. Houck also coached in Miami during the time Garrett was there when Joey Harrington and Gus Frerotte were QBs and the Miami offense garbage, before he came to Dallas and Romo proceeded to get sacked 40 times a game.

That was the direction of this franchise for the majority of the Cowboy years when Romo was here. It was a FO that had no direction.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
2 first round playoff wins in 10 years?
You Romo apologists are so misguided.
"Do right by Romo" should be to expect a 4th rounder from Houston or Cleveland before the draft.
Romo has been a horrible experiment!
Let us move on to Dak and a brighter future!:thumbup:
Yea, it was Romo who didn't protect himself in the shot gun. It was Romo who broke his own ribs. It was Romo who dropped the ball in the endzone. Dang Romo, don't you know it's a team sport. The nerve of that QB.

Dak wouldn't even last a series with that horrific Oline Dallas had for years. The kid has it made, like Aikman did. How were those 9 QB's between Aikman & Romo? Yea, that's what I thought. Cat got your tongue huh?! Touche', hater's gonna hate.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
"Dak wouldn't even last a series with that horrific Oline Dallas had for years". Hmm i'm not so sure about that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.