Yet Another Gimmick Mock By Me

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I have said this Draft is about the Offense, and it is. So I just want to see what an all Offense Draft could look like. I am going to start the Mock by dropping someone to the 27th pick and Jerry taking a chance.

This is not meant to be realistic, so please don't tell me it isn't realistic. Okay, go ahead and tell me. I gotta admit, in retrospect, this would be one fun Draft for me.

Oh yeah, after the Compensatory picks have been added, these are the Draft positions Dallas actually has before any deals are made. That might be the most useful information I share in this.

I am continuing my new tactic of reporting who from the 2009 roster this move replaces. That has been fun.

1. #27...Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State, 6'2", 225. A rare talent too good to pass up if he is there. The elite WR of this draft. There are questions about his attitude. There are none about his skills. THis kid can be a star. Wearing one might push him further than anything else would have. Churn...Sam Hurd.

2. #59...Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass, 6'5", 335. He can also play some OG, but I am projecting him to be an OT. A mammoth who hasn't even sniffed his full potential yet. Churn...Pat McQuistan.

3. #90...Jacoby Ford, WR/KR/PR, Clemson, 5'9", 185. I remain convinced we will find a return guy in this draft. Two WRs might seem impossible, but I don't think it is. Sam Hurd does not contribute that much except in Kick Coverage teams and that can be given to someone else. If we don't carry 2 Kickers, we could use a dedicated Return man who contributes on Offense at times. Churn...Shaun Suisham.

4. #125...Mitch Petrus, OG, Arkansas, 6'3", 307. You want interior Line power, here he is. 45 reps of 225 to tie the Combine record. Churn...Montrae Holland.

6. #196...John Conner, FB, Kentucky, 5'11", 240. Okay, you want the truth? I feel warm inside writing in the name of a true FB on one of my mocks. I still love what a true FB can bring to a run game. Especially in short yardage at the goal line. Besides how many quotes from The Terminator can we use? Churn...Deon Anderson.

7. #234...Erik Cook, C, New Mexico, 6'6", 310. Surrendered only 1 sack in 2009. Raw, but talented and has a nasty streak. Churn...Duke Preston.

Truth be told, I'd like to do one where I add Bryant, McCluster, Dickerson, and Conner along with say Petrus or Newhouse and Cook. I like weapons. So as a secondary effort this is what that would look like.

1. Bryant
2. McCluster
3. Dickerson
4. Petrus or Newhouse
6. Conner
7. Cook

In the immortal words of Gordon Gecko, "greed is good."

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3319648 said:
I have said this Draft is about the Offense, and it is. So I just want to see what an all Offense Draft could look like. I am going to start the Mock by dropping someone to the 27th pick and Jerry taking a chance.

This is not meant to be realistic, so please don't tell me it isn't realistic. Okay, go ahead and tell me. I gotta admit, in retrospect, this would be one fun Draft for me.

Oh yeah, after the Compensatory picks have been added, these are the Draft positions Dallas actually has before any deals are made. That might be the most useful information I share in this.

I am continuing my new tactic of reporting who from the 2009 roster this move replaces. That has been fun.

1. #27...Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State, 6'2", 225. A rare talent too good to pass up if he is there. The elite WR of this draft. There are questions about his attitude. There are none about his skills. THis kid can be a star. Wearing one might push him further than anything else would have. Churn...Sam Hurd.

2. #59...Vladimir Ducasse, OT, UMass, 6'5", 335. He can also play some OG, but I am projecting him to be an OT. A mammoth who hasn't even sniffed his full potential yet. Churn...Pat McQuistan.

3. #90...Jacoby Ford, WR/KR/PR, Clemson, 5'9", 185. I remain convinced we will find a return guy in this draft. Two WRs might seem impossible, but I don't think it is. Sam Hurd does not contribute that much except in Kick Coverage teams and that can be given to someone else. If we don't carry 2 Kickers, we could use a dedicated Return man who contributes on Offense at times. Churn...Shaun Suisham.

4. #125...Mitch Petrus, OG, Arkansas, 6'3", 307. You want interior Line power, here he is. 45 reps of 225 to tie the Combine record. Churn...Montrae Holland.

6. #196...John Conner, FB, Kentucky, 5'11", 240. Okay, you want the truth? I feel warm inside writing in the name of a true FB on one of my mocks. I still love what a true FB can bring to a run game. Especially in short yardage at the goal line. Besides how many quotes from The Terminator can we use? Churn...Deon Anderson.

7. #234...Erik Cook, C, New Mexico, 6'6", 310. Surrendered only 1 sack in 2009. Raw, but talented and has a nasty streak. Churn...Duke Preston.

Truth be told, I'd like to do one where I add Bryant, McCluster, Dickerson, and Conner along with say Petrus or Newhouse and Cook. I like weapons. So as a secondary effort this is what that would look like.

1. Bryant
2. McCluster
3. Dickerson
4. Petrus or Newhouse
6. Conner
7. Cook

Now, I loved that draft, super! either one and i would be happy!

Gaede

Reaction score
hahah ****, i hope we go all offense now!

that's a really really really good draft

Petrus is a guy I'm liking more and more as the draft nears.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm probably one of the rare few here that have no interest in Dez Bryant but I would be fine with the rest of it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SDogo;3319867 said:
I'll be honest, I'm probably one of the rare few here that have no interest in Dez Bryant but I would be fine with the rest of it.
Substitute Iupati and McCluster for Bryant and Ducasse. Keep the rest.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner? Or cluck no?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;3319896 said:

Yeah. Chicken dinner with macaroni and cheese if that were our draft.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I love this draft.

The first draft over the second....which not addrees the line soon enpough for my taste.

But the 3rd alternate with Iupati and McCluster would be good too.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think I like every single player in this draft.

Only issue I'd have is we wouldn't be addressing our two biggest needs (IMO) tackle and safety. I feel Ducasse will be a G long-term although I would be thrilled if we got him at 59.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Hostile;3319648 said:
This is not meant to be realistic, so please don't tell me it isn't realistic.

Remember the 3 DBs we drafted of 2000? That seemed gimmicky as well. :eek:

Anyway, it certainly would be interesting if it played out this way.

Here is my contribution:

1. Charles Brown, LT/RT, USC
2. Vladimir Ducasse, OT/OG, UMass
3. Carlton Mitchell, WR, UCF
4. Andre Roberts, WR PR/KR, Citadel
6. Andrew Quarless, TE/H-back, PSU
7. Ted Larsen, C, NCState

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would love to get Petrus in the 4th Hos. I know you love Iupati but honestly, I really like Petrus. If he would be there in the 4th, I would pee myself.

I don't love Cook thou. I know a lot of people like him but he's no Ryan. I watched this kid play a lot. He's a good player at the College level but I am not sure he has the quicks to play Center or Tackle in the NFL. Perhaps Guard but probably not LG. His only position could be RG, I don't know.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile;3319896 said:

With gravy and biscuts from Bojangles and I know how you like those!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SDogo;3320120 said:
With gravy and biscuts from Bojangles and I know how you like those!
Sing it for me Sammy...

[youtube]SMcfUjIguSs[/youtube]

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The All Defense gimmick version.

1. #27...Devin McCourtey, CB, Rutgers, 5'11", 195.

2. #59...Nate Allen, FS, South Florida, 6'0", 205.

3. #90...Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama, 6'4", 350. I wouldn't take him before this. If he is gone I'd take Sean Lee, ILB from Penn State and still take Spikes in the 4th.

4. #125...Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida, 6'3", 253.

6. #196...Myron Rolle, SS, Florida State, 6'2", 202. Worth a gamble late.

7. #234...Clifton Geathers, DE, South Carolina, 6'7", 300.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sasquatch;3320034 said:
Remember the 3 DBs we drafted of 2000? That seemed gimmicky as well. :eek:

Anyway, it certainly would be interesting if it played out this way.

Here is my contribution:

1. Charles Brown, LT/RT, USC
2. Vladimir Ducasse, OT/OG, UMass
3. Carlton Mitchell, WR, UCF
4. Andre Roberts, WR PR/KR, Citadel
6. Andrew Quarless, TE/H-back, PSU
7. Ted Larsen, C, NCState
Wow...not one defensive player.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sasquatch;3320300 said:
I know. Aren't I incredibly stupid?
You're photo (especially the contemplating chin scratch) makes you appear really smart. So don't beat yourself up.

ghst187

Reaction score
LOVE IT! although I'd take Spikes in rd 3 vice Ford and take WR/KR Emmanuel Sanders in the 6th.
i'd also bring in Atogwe or Sharper at FS

Primetime42

Reaction score
Hostile;3319896 said:

But then isn't Ford redundant?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile;3319648 said:

1. Bryant
2. McCluster
3. Dickerson
4. Petrus or Newhouse
6. Conner
7. Cook

I've been on the Cook bandwagon for a long time, since preseason, but I jumped right off it when I saw his 40 times at his Pro Day workout-- he ran a 5.55 and a 5.6... he also put up a poor numbers on his 10 and 20 yard splits (1.88 seconds and 3.12 seconds), and a fairly miserable 3 cone drill (7.93 seconds)...

That's nowhere near agile enough to make it as a center in the NFL... as a result, his draft rating on NFLDS has plunged drastically, to the point where they now rate him the 578th best player, and they're listing his primary position as OG, not C... even they know those numbers will get a QB killed if he's manning the middle of the line...

So I've scratched him from my draft list altogether... if you want a 7th round center, I'd go for A&M's Kevin Matthews, or even Sean Allen from East Carolina...

Just thought you'd want to know that Cook stunk it out badly at his Pro Day... perhaps he was nursing an injury, I don't know...