You are on the Clock…

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
SDogo;4239512 said:
You went way above my head on the medical talk but you actually made sense of it all.

Thanks for the input!

Hey, ol' buddy, got a question for you:

I like the following offensive linemen early... I'd like your take on which way you'd go among this bunch... I wouldn't even mind if the Boys went OL in the 1st and 2nd round, but I doubt that'll happen...

David DeCastro, OG, Stanford... I think he goes before the Boys draft, but I like him...

Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin... great player, likely a top 15 pick, which is rare for a center... his health issues worry me, though...

Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia... a real favorite of mine, but again, I think he's off the board when the Boys pick... he can really move for that big a man...

Levi Adcock, OT, Oklahoma State... honestly, I don't think the Boys would draft OT early, not with the money they have committed to Free and Tyron Smith... but if they surprised me and picked up Adcock, I wouldn't squawk...

Ben Jones, C, Georgia... I've already told y'all, this is my favorite center in this draft... I can see him playing at 320 pounds in the NFL... if the Boys are picking in the low to mid-20s, they might think about trading down some if they're interested in Jones...

Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin... should be on the board in the mid to late second round...

Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State... one thing that intrigues me about him is NFL Draft Scout thinks he can play guard and tackle too... that kind of versatility always comes in handy...

I think that Jones would make great sense, if the Boys traded down some (I see him as a 30-35 pick, and since centers don't go early very often, he could slide to around 40)... and in the second, Zeitler or Brewster either one would work for me...

So I guess it'll be OK if the Cowboys draft Chase Minnifield in the first, then Zeitler in the second... :D

Anyway, are there any players on this list who probably shouldn't be??

DFWJC

Reaction score
You should give us alist of players to choose from. Otherwise we can say a player fell to us or something. For example, I would take the LSU CB Claiborne is he dropped to 20th.

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
after watching todays game

I think the number one need is a OLB

followed by O line

followed by CB

am not impressed with Upshaws speed

he just seems slow to me as DE I be fine with him

but then I rather go

Jake Bequette, DE, Arkansas
Height: 6-5. Weight: 271

this guy can play

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Eskimo;4238176 said:
Just so you guys know, the condition that is being discussed here is a Pulmonary Embolism or PE for short.

The issue isn't that he had a PE. Most people get a near full recovery from these events. The issue also isn't so much that it is about to kill him or is likely to kill him. The condition is very treatable.

The issue is that he might have a tendency to developing blood clots. In general, most people who have two such blood clots are considered at high risk of developing them recurrently and are thus recommended to be on blood thinners such as Coumadin for the rest of your life.

Now for a football player this is a big deal because you will not be medically cleared to play football while on blood thinners. So basically he is one blood clot away from never being able to play football again.

For this reason, I would suggest we spend no higher than a 5th rounder on this kid if we are inclined to draft him. He is at high risk of being out of the game very early for medical reasons. There was a guy whose stock dropped after a very curable cancer. I consider Konz's condition to be worse from a future football playing perspective.

Well that's dissapointing. If this is true then he's off my first round wish list, but I don't know that I'd wait all the way till the 5th. We've spent more on less talent with similar risk of being ultimately useless, even if the reasoning behind that was skill rather than health.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheCount;4246222 said:
Well that's dissapointing. If this is true then he's off my first round wish list, but I don't know that I'd wait all the way till the 5th. We've spent more on less talent with similar risk of being ultimately useless, even if the reasoning behind that was skill rather than health.

Same here.

He's not worth risking a 1 on.

That position has some depth though.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Konz also reportedly suffered a severe ankle dislocation and will be out a month. I would be surprised if he declares as a junior after this.

Im definitely still on board with getting a super stud interior lineman.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It appears that DeCastro will be out of reach at the Boys pick.

Konz appears to be a medical risk and might not even declare.

If they don't trade up or down, then CB would appear to be the most likely choice. I'm not overwhelmed by the other Guards and Centers. I don't see any 1st round safeties. It is doubtful that ILB would be a high priority. The 2012 draft is supposed to be weak at DL.

If they don't re-sign Spencer, then OLB might be the choice in the 1st.

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
xwalker;4250571 said:

If they don't trade up or down, then CB would appear to be the most likely choice. I'm not overwhelmed by the other Guards and Centers. I don't see any 1st round safeties. It is doubtful that ILB would be a high priority. The 2012 draft is supposed to be weak at DL.

Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 295.
Projected 40 Time: 4.93

heres a guy who will picked late in the first round

I saw him tear up Bama offensive line

drawnstripes

Benched
Reaction score
xwalker;4250571 said:

get a guy that can do his job

been sayin this all long

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
So Peter Konz isn't playing and all of the sudden Wisconsin can't run for ****.

Illinois DE/OLB Mercilus had a strip-sack. What a great name btw. Very strong in run contain, very natural fluid athlete. You can see where he can be used in a few different ways. It doesn't look like this Is the body he'll have in 2 Years. Looks good.

Georgia T/G Cordy Glenn continues to impress.