You are the Bears GM

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With the first pick do you go ahead and use it, or do you trade down? I'm trading down, possibly twice. And I would consider trading down the 10th pick also.

They are the 3rd best team in the division and need multiple players. My goal would be to come away with at least 5-6 players in the first 3 rounds. Plus the first pick in the 4th round. If they play their cards right, they could have 7 of the top 97 picks.

I'd love for the Cowboys to come away with a haul like that. Can you imagine???

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If NE wants to offer a haul to move from 3 to 1, I do that and keep Fields. Otherwise, I'm just drafting a QB.

You can't miss out on Williams/Maye AND Harrison.

Gambit

Reaction score
I'd watch Draft Day and mimic that coaches success 2 extra years of Number 1s and 2s a kick returner and 2 too 10 picks.

rambo2

Reaction score
With the first pick do you go ahead and use it, or do you trade down? I'm trading down, possibly twice. And I would consider trading down the 10th pick also.

They are the 3rd best team in the division and need multiple players. My goal would be to come away with at least 5-6 players in the first 3 rounds. Plus the first pick in the 4th round. If they play their cards right, they could have 7 of the top 97 picks.

The way it shapes up it looks like a trade down is the way to go.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The Bears should keep Fields, and trade down only far enough to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.. Keep it simple. This would give Justin all the weapons he needs, so they could begin to use their resources on OL and Defense for the next couple years.

RS12

Reaction score
I take Williams and not think twice about it. Get what you can for Fields. Anything else is way over thinking it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The Bears should keep Fields, and trade down only far enough to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.. Keep it simple. This would give Justin all the weapons he needs, so they could begin to use their resources on OL and Defense for the next couple years.
How far down will Harrison still be available? I've read he will be #3 overall at worse. Would NE, want to move up only a couple of spots? They could just sit and let a QB fall to them if the Bears really want to keep Fields and draft Harrison. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

Mr_437

Reaction score
How far down will Harrison still be available? I've read he will be #3 overall at worse. Would NE, want to move up only a couple of spots? They could just sit and let a QB fall to them if the Bears really want to keep Fields and draft Harrison. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.
Like you, I'm thinking #3 at the lowest, but CHI is in a position where they could trade with Washington #2. Trading with WAS by threatening to let another team move up to take Caleb Williams is a solid strategy to drain picks from WAS by bluffing.

rambo2

Reaction score
To me it doesn't even matter about Harrison because the receiver class is so deep.

joseephuss

Reaction score
To me it doesn't even matter about Harrison because the receiver class is so deep.
I think so, too. I doubt either Washington or NE will be likely to trade just to move up a spot or two. Perhaps someone further down the draft order will be willing to move up and the Bears can then just grab the best WR available or best player available that fits their several needs.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Fields was 24th in EPA / play this year…

I’m drafting my top QB or trading down and drafting someone to compete.

reddyuta

Reaction score
You have to take Williams,he is no Mahomes but he can be as good as CJ Stroud.

Carter

Reaction score
You take Caleb Williams and not think about it twice, than you can trade down the 10th overall and grab some more early selections and get him some O-Line help and Weapons

Edit: The Bears actually have the 9th pick right now

Last edited:

Carter

Reaction score
Used a Mock Draft Simulator and the Draft Value Chart and came away with this.

1. Caleb Williams QB | USC

-> Traded Pick 9 to the Broncos for Pick 12, 76 and 239
-> Traded Pick 12 to SF for Pick 31, 63, 94, 177, 208, 248 and 2025 4th and 7th

31. Adonai Mitchell WR | Texas
63. Cooper Beebe G | Kansas State
75. Jackson Powers-Johnson IOL | Oregon
76. TreVeyon Henderson RB | Ohio State
94. D.J. James CB | Auburn
110. Adisa Isaac EDGE | Penn State
125. Braden Fiske DL | Florida State
142. Tommy Eichenberg LB | Ohio State
177. J.Michael Sturdivant WR | UCLA
208. Jaheim Bell TE | Florida State
239. Ja'Quan Sheppard CB | Maryland
248. Malik Mustapha S | Wake Forest

You got 5 Day 1 Starters and 2-3 Perennial Starters in one draft.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

They should draft Williams and Harrison. No need to be cute.

Sandyf

Reaction score
IF Chicago trades down then probably no lower than 3rd spot so they for sure get Harrison. I do think they keep Fields but feel like Maye going to be 1st QB off the board and fits New England the best. Probably get a 1st and 2nd in 2024 and 1st in 2025 to move down two spots. If Daniels still on the board at #10 then could see them move down again. There will be at least 3 QBs go in the top ten and possibly 5 with teams like Atlanta, Minnesota, Las Vegas, New York Giants, New Orleans, Seattle, LA Rams, and Tampa Bay.

McCarthy and Penix and Nix could all go in the 1st round between the 12 and 20th picks. Guys like Ewers and Sanders have committed yet but could and both could go mid to late first round. Minnesota likely to resign Cousins but could also take a guy since their backups aren't great. There are other free agents QBs that could be had but face it they are rethreads and others could be traded for like Lance of the Cowboys for the right price. A team who has the right QB coach or thinks he is capable and didn't get a guy in the draft could trade for him, say the Rams or Seahawks or Buccaneers.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Fields is a jag. No case can be made that he's shown anything resembling being a franchise QB. The only way you don't draft Maye or Williams is if you don't like either of them. They can take Williams, add an OT at 9th, then they've got a really good looking offensive line and DJ Moore to help Williams. Or trade down with the 9th to try to recoup a 2nd they don't have and still put help around him.