You are the Bears GM

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I trade Fields
Use #1 for Williams
Use #9 for Odunze from Washington
Then draft trench heavy the rest of the way
I keep Fields.......remember the Dolphins were ready to move on from Tua. Get him some serious talent and an offensive scheme that fits his strength.
BTW......I'm not as high on Williams as most. First I think he's a diva ( we heard a lot about his brand, commercials, pulling an Eli Manning to control the draft, and even wanting part ownership of the franchise ( this may not be true) ). Secondly, a few top teams exposed him, so his talent is a little overrated and I have questions about his leadership. Don't make the same mistake as the Panthers and draft the wrong QB.
Trade down only with Pats or Commanders ( making sure I can still get Harrison)
Draft Harrison
Use #9 draft TE from Georgia
Use a couple of high picks on Oline
Trade for Derrick Henry
Hire a damn good OC

I would strongly consider calling the Cowboys about Lance ( offering 2nd or 3rd )

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
Take a top QB, it isn’t often you get the #1 pick. It doesn’t matter if Chicago can stockpile extra picks because they still need a franchise QB. They can always trade Fields later and get a little something in return.
Not just the #1 pick
The #1 pick in this draft with a couple of QBs that have the chance to be great
If im the GM, i change HC and QB

visionary

Reaction score
I keep Fields.......remember the Dolphins were ready to move on from Tua. Get him some serious talent and an offensive scheme that fits his strength.
BTW......I'm not as high on Williams as most. First I think he's a diva ( we heard a lot about his brand, commercials, pulling an Eli Manning to control the draft, and even wanting part ownership of the franchise ( this may not be true) ). Secondly, a few top teams exposed him, so his talent is a little overrated and I have questions about his leadership. Don't make the same mistake as the Panthers and draft the wrong QB.
Trade down only with Pats or Commanders ( making sure I can still get Harrison)
Draft Harrison
Use #9 draft TE from Georgia
Use a couple of high picks on Oline
Trade for Derrick Henry
Hire a damn good OC

I would strongly consider calling the Cowboys about Lance ( offering 2nd or 3rd )
Yeah, dont take Williams because you believe in the QB but offer a 2 for Lance

LOL, you guys just slay me

:laugh: :facepalm:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not just the #1 pick
The #1 pick in this draft with a couple of QBs that have the chance to be great
If im the GM, i change HC and QB
That’s why I said franchise QB, Fields isn’t one. If it was a weak QB class, then I would get extra picks but not this draft.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah, dont take Williams because you believe in the QB but offer a 2 for Lance

LOL, you guys just slay me

:laugh: :facepalm:
I am as serious as a heart attack...(LOL)
** Too early to give up on Fields but I have to make a serious contract decision within 2 years
** I'd much rather draft Harrison for him ( some say is the best player in the draft) than take a chance on Williams ( who I do not trust)
** Pretty sure I said I'd offer a 2 or 3 ( guess you didn't notice) for Lance ( insurance ).
** Taking QBs at the top of the draft is a 50/50 shot .........you know that V (lol). I know what I have with Fields. Like my odds a bit better surrounding him with more talent than starting over with an unknown.

visionary

Reaction score
I am as serious as a heart attack...(LOL)
** Too early to give up on Fields but I have to make a serious contract decision within 2 years
** I'd much rather draft Harrison for him ( some say is the best player in the draft) than take a chance on Williams ( who I do not trust)
** Pretty sure I said I'd offer a 2 or 3 ( guess you didn't notice) for Lance ( insurance ).
** Taking QBs at the top of the draft is a 50/50 shot .........you know that V (lol). I know what I have with Fields. Like my odds a bit better surrounding him with more talent than starting over with an unknown.
Fields may become great but chances are low
A great QB alters the trajectory of the frsnchise
Look at Houston with Stroud, KC with Mahomes, Indi with Manning and on and on
When you have the chance to do that you dont tread water, you swing for the fences
Rather try to be great and fail than an also ran IMO

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fields may become great but chances are low
A great QB alters the trajectory of the frsnchise
Look at Houston with Stroud, KC with Mahomes, Indi with Manning and on and on
When you have the chance to do that you dont tread water, you swing for the fences
Rather try to be great and fail than an also ran IMO
LOL.....there's also your Wentz, Young, and Mayfield. I just don't trust Williams ........Let me put it this way
Marvin Harrison with Fields gives me way more confidence than drafting Williams and losing out on Harrison. Hell, I would probably take Mays, Daniels or Nix before Williams.

Notice the last 4 games, (3 losses against ranked teams). Not to mention his attitude appears to be a sense of entitlement.

JMO

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4431611/caleb-williams

visionary

Reaction score
LOL.....there's also your Wentz, Young, and Mayfield. I just don't trust Williams ........Let me put it this way
Marvin Harrison with Fields gives me way more confidence than drafting Williams and losing out on Harrison. Hell, I would probably take Mays, Daniels or Nix before Williams.

Notice the last 4 games, (3 losses against ranked teams). Not to mention his attitude appears to be a sense of entitlement.

JMO

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4431611/caleb-williams
Yes there are failures but thats part of it
There is a known average QB in Fields or the chance to get the next Mahomes or Manning
Cant be scared of failure if you want to succeed

Creeper

Reaction score
I might be the only one but I am not completely sold on Caleb Williams. I watched USC play about 5 or 6 times this year and I think Caleb will struggle for a while at the NFL level, especially if he is drafted by a team with a bad OL, like USC had. I am no expert but it will not surprise me if he has difficulty with the mental part of the game in the NFL.

Just my opinion.

exciter

Reaction score
With the first pick do you go ahead and use it, or do you trade down? I'm trading down, possibly twice. And I would consider trading down the 10th pick also.

They are the 3rd best team in the division and need multiple players. My goal would be to come away with at least 5-6 players in the first 3 rounds. Plus the first pick in the 4th round. If they play their cards right, they could have 7 of the top 97 picks.

I'd love for the Cowboys to come away with a haul like that. Can you imagine???
If the GM trades out out that pick he’s a certified imbecile and the fan base should blood eagle him at the 50 yard line!

exciter

Reaction score
I might be the only one but I am not completely sold on Caleb Williams. I watched USC play about 5 or 6 times this year and I think Caleb will struggle for a while at the NFL level, especially if he is drafted by a team with a bad OL, like USC had. I am no expert but it will not surprise me if he has difficulty with the mental part of the game in the NFL.

Just my opinion.
Are you sold on fields in any way shape or form!

Creeper

Reaction score
Are you sold on fields in any way shape or form!
No, but that is not a good reason to throw the 1st pick in the draft away either. Most QBs taken in the 1st round fail. Lance, for example, and Fields as well. Taking Williams is no guarantee that he will be better than Fields.

People point to the kid from the Texans as an example of drafting a QB early, but what about the kid in Carolina?

exciter

Reaction score
No, but that is not a good reason to throw the 1st pick in the draft away either. Most QBs taken in the 1st round fail. Lance, for example, and Fields as well. Taking Williams is no guarantee that he will be better than Fields.

People point to the kid from the Texans as an example of drafting a QB early, but what about the kid in Carolina?
Fields and Lance were both low percentage picks, Fields an almost exclusive running QB on a stacked team. Lance, not enough starts, in a small conference at that, to make any type detailed evaluation. Both were picked strictly on potential. Everything with Williams evaluation looks to be a high percentage pick. You would have to have a potato residing in your head to pass on him continue their current trajectory. You take him and trade the 6th if you want more picks!