You can slice it however you want...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Not to sound insulting, but EVERY time the other team COVERS the spread in games we're favored, this is when 80% of this board goes BONKERS.

Seriously-do y'all have a gambling disorder? It IS a disease, and I would STRONGLY recommend getting help, NOW.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;1852132 said:
Not to sound insulting, but EVERY time the other team COVERS the spread in games we're favored, this is when 80% of this board goes BONKERS.

Seriously-do y'all have a gambling disorder? It IS a disease, and I would STRONGLY recommend getting help, NOW.
Naw, it's every game.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852104 said:
I'm a Cowboys fan, I would like to see them win every week of course. I am enjoying every win along this ride of a 13-2 season, and hope it ends with a Super Bowl win. However, when our team doesnt play as well as I'd hoped, I hope we improve on our weaknesses so we do not lose. It isnt pessimism, it isnt being a hater. It's simply wanting my favorite team to play better than they had the week before, and go out and win ball games. Something I'm sure we all can relate on. In the future I'll try not to creates threads that put Cowboys fans against each other. We are a fan of the same team, yet sometimes it appears differently. Go Cowboys.
And I'm done.

There have been plenty of things I could have pointed out that the Patriots did wrong during December. Our game play will get better once we get the better pieces to our team back that are injured right now. There also many positives for this game. Did you see how much time Romo was open for on that one play? That's an amazing performance by our offensive line. The announcers even said they never saw anything like that in their lives. But if you want to know why people are getting on you, well it is because how you started this thread. You said: "You can slice it up however you want to," showing your negative bias right there, and then you start off insinuating that we'll be making excuses if we argue against you. :p Let me tell you right now, you are not going to win many debates that way. In fact, someone who is a scholar of Philosophy or Debate might point out that you were "Poisoning The Well" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well by the title of your post alone. Also, I see little use of arguing how we can improve, when we are 13-2, and realizing that a lot of what's wrong with this team right now is due to injury. :p There is nothing you can do about injury, so you'd just be wasting our time.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
windward;1852092 said:
Back off, you have no clue as to how educated I am. Nice way to stereotype others, though. How ignorant to assume people from Hawaii are stupid or uneducated. Based on your responses, I'd wager I'm much more well-read than you, pal.

Possibly, but I'll take an education from somewhere that actually merits respect rather than a state known for its terrible education and facilities.

I lived in Hawaii when I was 3-6 and my parents moved for that exact reason.

And you're right, I dont know how educated you are, but Hawaii isn't exactly a state with much academic success. I love their culture, it's just no surprise that there isnt much productivity in the education department over there.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1852138 said:
There have been plenty of things I could have pointed out that the Patriots did wrong during December. Our game play will get better once we get the better pieces to our team back that are injured right now. There also many positives for this game. Did you see how much time Romo was open for on that one play? That's an amazing performance by our offensive line. The announcers even said they never saw anything like that in their lives. But if you want to know why people are getting on you, well it is because how you started this thread. You said: "You can slice it up however you want to," showing your negative bias right there, and then you start off insinuating that we'll be making excuses if we argue against you. :p Let me tell you right now, you are not going to win many debates that way. In fact, someone who is a scholar of Philosophy or Debate might point out that you were "Poisoning The Well" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisoning_the_well by the title of your post alone. Also, I see little use of arguing how we can improve, when we are 13-2, and realizing that a lot of what's wrong with this team right now is due to injury. :p There is nothing you can do about injury, so you'd just be wasting our time.

Not debating this anymore. I think we have played poorly lately, and want to see us play better; most of you disagree. For some reason people think im downgrading the accomplishments this team has reached this year. It's the last 3 weeks I'm talking about.

Bottom line we're 13-2 and can wrap up HFA next week with a win. Hopefully we can win some games in January and get back to the Super Bowl where we belong.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Rampage;1852119 said:
dude, go have a drink or something. you're getting too riled up over someone's opinion

well having someone yell, "The Sky is Falling," after a win is very annoying. :D There is also a better way to post a thread of "how we can improve" our team, which I don't think this thread was. Look at how this thread is titled, "You can slice it however you want..." Anyway you cut it :D ... that's a negative and confrontational title. I don't see how someone can be surprised that people would respond negatively and confrontationally to it. Maybe I need to pass around Spanksta's book on how to avoid getting a black eye. ;)

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1852148 said:
well having someone yell, "The Sky is Falling," after a win is very annoying. :D There is also a better way to post a thread of "how we can improve" our team, which I don't think this thread was. Look at how this thread is titled, "You can slice it however you want..." Anyway you cut it :D ... that's a negative and confrontational title. I don't see how someone can be surprised that people would respond negatively and confrontationally to it. Maybe I need to pass around Spanksta's book on how to avoid getting a black eye. ;)

I'm sorry I cant let this one go. Dude, I'm not claiming the sky is falling. I've said this like 90 times... PLEASE STOP TWISTING MY WORDS TO THE UTTER MOST NEGATIVE EXTREME!

Why cant you guys understand that? I want to see us play to the best of our abilities, it's not hard! That's all this thread was meant to do. Please understand that, we can allllll agree on that. This has divided this board far too much. My god we're all Cowboys fans.

Romosexual33

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851432 said:
But the point is we're struggling right now, and will be "limping" into the playoffs, unless we pull out an unforeseen blowout at Washington.

Injuries, suspensions, playcalling, whatever. It is what it is, and we are not firing on all cylinders. I am a bit concerned, but nothing major. We need to improve our play, because this team does not look like a Super Bowl team.

Let's hear the excuses...

He is exactly right. The Cowboys are 13-2 and that is great, but going into the playoffs they are not playing as well as I would have hoped. You all are blowing everything he said way out of proportion. They won the game, and that is all that matters, but you have to admit whether it be injuries or something else they are not playing the same as the 12-1 team. I'm not panicing and i'm definitely not saying they are a bad team. They are a great team and i'm enjoying this season very much, but they are not firing on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852143 said:
Not debating this anymore. I think we have played poorly lately, and want to see us play better; most of you disagree.

:D Only because you brought up edumacational things. Both sides of a Semicolon need to be complete clauses -- minus a few exceptions. You really wanted to use an en-dash there.

But honestly, most people don't disagree with you on everything. You just need to present yourself better if you want to talk about what we need to improve. I don't think we had a December surge like I would like. We played Poorly against the Eagles, except for defense. The Detroit game is a special case, Newman fired that team up with his comments. We dominated Greenbay, until Farve got injured and someone who we didn't gameplan for took his place. BTW, that's why the Eagles almost beat the Patriots. This game, my expectations were lowered because of the Injuries, but we played well until TO got knocked out f the game. Our performances haven't been the greatest, and we haven't played as well as we could, but not everything is as black and white as you painted it. I like to look at the whole picture. Also, I am still worried about many things about this team. Despite those, I want to stay positive, since things aren't as bad as they could be.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852139 said:
Possibly, but I'll take an education from somewhere that actually merits respect rather than a state known for its terrible education and facilities.

I lived in Hawaii when I was 3-6 and my parents moved for that exact reason.

And you're right, I dont know how educated you are, but Hawaii isn't exactly a state with much academic success. I love their culture, it's just no surprise that there isnt much productivity in the education department over there.
Whatever. I graduated summa cum laude from the University of Hawaii with a degree in History. I can read in three languages (English, Hebrew and Spanish. Working on Russian and Arabic) To think i acomplished this in a state where education is given no priority. I must be amazing.

Don't denigrate an entire state or dismiss what someone says just because of where they're from and not expect a nasty response in return, I'm sorry.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Romosexual33;1852159 said:
He is exactly right. The Cowboys are 13-2 and that is great, but going into the playoffs they are not playing as well as I would have hoped. You all are blowing everything he said way out of proportion. They won the game, and that is all that matters, but you have to admit whether it be injuries or something else they are not playing the same as the 12-1 team. I'm not panicing and i'm definitely not saying they are a bad team. They are a great team and i'm enjoying this season very much, but they are not firing on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.

I think it is very insulting to assume that we can't see that there is cause to worry. Those of us who look negatively on his comments, think he is making too big of a deal of things. Do I think we would beat the Patriots if we played them tomorrow? No. :p It's obvious that we're not the same team. :p Look at the Injury List. That doesn't mean we can't heal or get better. But there is no use of pointing out something obvious, with a confrontational and negative thread title. We know we are injured. So obviously we're not going to score 32 pts per game at this stage. Despite that, we want to stay positive, hope that TO will get back, and so forth. Tell me, what exactly was he trying to accomplish with that post?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
windward;1852169 said:
Whatever. I graduated summa cum laude from the University of Hawaii with a degree in History. I can read in three languages (English, Hebrew and Spanish. Working on Russian and Arabic) To think i acomplished this in a state where education is given no priority. I must be amazing.

Don't denigrate an entire state or dismiss what someone says just because of where they're from and not expect a nasty response in return, I'm sorry.

I appologize for denigrating you for where you live. It's just Hawaii standards aren't as high as other states, and their academics are not their strong point. I'm not trying to bash you, it's a proven fact. It is this reason that my family moved to Iowa.

Hawaii is 48 out of 50 in S.A.T. scores, while Iowa is number 1.
http://www.midwestsites.com/stellent2/groups/public/documents/pub/mws_am_ed_000924.hcsp

But whatever, summa cum laude is an accomplishment, so congrats man.