You can slice it however you want...

zeroburrito

Reaction score
nobody is complaing about the 13-2 team. but the 12-1 team is CLEARLY different than the one we have now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
zeroburrito;1851585 said:
nobody is complaing about the 13-2 team. but the 12-1 team is CLEARLY different than the one we have now.

if things can go so bad in 2 weeks, they can come back to the good side in 2 weeks.

try the other 1/2 the glass. it's wonderful.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
iceberg;1851581 said:
it seems despite being 13-2, we have a lot of whiners.

which is expected....

just answer this, are you happy w/13-2?

Extremely happy. I just dont think we're playing as well as we can. It's really simple, yet many on here are making it out to be that I'm giving up on the season and think the Cowboys are terrible. Like I said, stop taking what I said to the extreme.

I'm happy w/ our record. Yet we can improve. And I think we have to otherwise we aren't going to reach our goal.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851432 said:
But the point is we're struggling right now, and will be "limping" into the playoffs, unless we pull out an unforeseen blowout at Washington.

Injuries, suspensions, playcalling, whatever. It is what it is, and we are not firing on all cylinders. I am a bit concerned, but nothing major. We need to improve our play, because this team does not look like a Super Bowl team.

Let's hear the excuses...

Are you 12 years old? If so, thats cool. If not then you might want to learn about football some.

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
If Carolina has a veteran QB tonight, we probably lose.

Then again, if we have T.O. all game, maybe not. But I'd like to think losing one guy doesn't make us that apathetic.

Mansta54

Reaction score
This is a ridiculous thread!!!! We're 13-2 but we're struggling.. Whateva!!!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems like to me that after almost every game we have a few that always have to jump and let us know how bad the team played and how we will get killed later and so on.

Would it be so hard, to actually hold off a day and just enjoy a victory? To enjoy the idea that we are 13-2?

There is nothing wrong with talking about the points you brought up...but geez can we not give a little time to be happy about a win and our current record before going all nervous nellie and negative nancy on every aspect?

I mean man alive. People should realize that EVERY team has up and down games. Even the great almighty undefeated patriots had bad games and still won.

Sorry...but man alive sometimes stuff gets a little old where we always have to have people ragging about the game instead of being happy at least one day about our record and so on.

No team is going to be dead on in every game.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Wolfpack;1851599 said:
Are you 12 years old? If so, thats cool. If not then you might want to learn about football some.

Are you 12 years old? Because your post is just an attempt at an insult with nothing to back it up. You want me to learn about football. Ok after watching the last 3 weeks of Cowboys football, I'd love to hear your breakdown of how they are playing, and your views that differ from mine. Pleas teach me about football, and how I am so wrong.

You can PM me. I'll be waiting, teacher.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
C'mon, Chicken Littles- Wade should win at least as many games this season as Dave Campo won in 3- that is including a home playoff game, but still. 13-2 after 5-11, 5-11, 5-11 and no better than 10-6 since?

I'm over the moon about this team. The Pats are excellent, but they ain't "all that" either, lately.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'd rather be 13-2 and "struggling" than 8-6 and "hot".

(Cowboys vs Vikings)

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851568 said:
It appears I do not have alot of people agreeing with me and alot of excuses, which was expected.

What excuses, we just don't believe with what you said is all.

Mansta54

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851568 said:
It appears I do not have alot of people agreeing with me and alot of excuses, which was expected.

Just answer this. The way we played the last three weeks, does anyone think we could beat the Pats playing like that? Exactly. You guys are taking what I said and taking it to the extreme.

We need to improve our play or we aren't going to win a Super Bowl. Stop trying to twist it and make it as though I said we are a terrible team who wont win a playoff game.

Have you seen how the Pats have been playing the past few weeks...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1851634 said:
It seems like to me that after almost every game we have a few that always have to jump and let us know how bad the team played and how we will get killed later and so on.

Would it be so hard, to actually hold off a day and just enjoy a victory? To enjoy the idea that we are 13-2?

There is nothing wrong with talking about the points you brought up...but geez can we not give a little time to be happy about a win and our current record before going all nervous nellie and negative nancy on every aspect?

I mean man alive. People should realize that EVERY team has up and down games. Even the great almighty undefeated patriots had bad games and still won.

Sorry...but man alive sometimes stuff gets a little old where we always have to have people ragging about the game instead of being happy at least one day about our record and so on.

Thank you for actually responding with an intelligent, thought out post, instead of some stupid sarcastic remark with no insight or relevance to Cowboys football.

I see what you're saying, and like I told my friends, it was ugly, but 13-2 is 13-2, however you want to slice it (had to throw that in there)

However, we just haven't looked the same recently. I'm just voicing some concern about our drop-off in quality of play. Do I think we can rebound and start to look dominating again? Sure, all I'm saying is we havent looked that way lately, and we need to improve, or else I dont think we can win a Super Bowl. But thank you for an actual intelligent response.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Vintage;1851658 said:
I'd rather be 13-2 and "struggling" than 8-6 and "hot".

(Cowboys vs Vikings)

Talk to the 2005 Colts and Steelers, and you may get a different opinion.

Joe a Cowboys fan

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1851634 said:

Sorry BP I will try to cheer up. :bow:

gbrittain

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1851634 said:

I can only speak for myself, but the Cowboys have not looked dead on as you say since the first half of the Green Bay game. I know that chaps your hide and I do not mean too, but the way the Cowboys have played worries ME.

I am just expressing my feelings not saying I am right and everyone else is wrong. Not saying this team can throw in the towel now. Just concerned.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gbrittain;1851688 said:
I can only speak for myself, but the Cowboys have not looked dead on as you say since the first half of the Green Bay game. I know that chaps your hide and I do not mean too, but the way the Cowboys have played worries ME.

I am just expressing my feelings not saying I am right and everyone else is wrong. Not saying this team can throw in the towel now. Just concerned.

And yet they still only have 2 losses for the year.

That tells me that even when they don't bring their A game they are still managing to win the games.

In the past we would have lost where now we still manage to win out.

We are tied with the second best record in the league and the other team we are tied with, we beat.

Nothing wrong with being a little concerned but one must also look at the record and see, maybe we are a little Too concerned.

EGTuna

Reaction score
I recall the 90s teams going into AZ, and coming out with 16-10 type wins. They were ugly, they were full of horrendous 3-n-out drives, but the Boys won. Well, newsflash, even with rookie Matt Moore, the 2007 Panthers are better than any of those 90s Birds teams, and the Boys still won 20-13 (to go 7-0 ON THE ROAD), so yeah, there are some concerns, but let's not go into panic mode.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851645 said:
Are you 12 years old? Because your post is just an attempt at an insult with nothing to back it up. You want me to learn about football. Ok after watching the last 3 weeks of Cowboys football, I'd love to hear your breakdown of how they are playing, and your views that differ from mine. Pleas teach me about football, and how I am so wrong.

You can PM me. I'll be waiting, teacher.

Just asking cause thats how you come across.

15 ?