You can slice it however you want...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;1852053 said:
Oh, so classic. I mean, really really classic.

:bow:

I love how I'm looking to talk Cowboys football and simply discuss areas to improve on, and the few responses with intelligent, relevant information are ignored, and the one with the most responses involves a joke about suicide. Classic.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852025 said:
Excuses is a bad word, you are correct. But I knew I was going to get a lot of disagreement since I stated concern over their mediocre play of late.

Pessimism? Hardly. Hoping we play better and voicing concerns in areas that we didnt play well at? Bingo.

Here's my reasoning. We have played our last 6 games against 5 teams with non winning records. We've lost one, and besides the Jets game, won the other 4 by a combined 13 points. After scoring 24 points all season, we fail to do so in 2 straight games, and after having our first 5 of 7 wins by at least double digits, we have failed to do so in three consecutive weeks.

In my opinion, it's faulty reasoning to assume a team is struggling simply because their margin of victory is less than expected. The Patriots aren't dominating opponents as they were at the beginning of the season. Neither are the Steelers. The playoff-bound Seahawks lost to this same Panther team just last week.

Since Thanksgiving, the Cowboys have played as well as any team in the league.

And while you're focusing on the dip in offensive production, you're completely overlooking the vastly improved play of the defense.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852060 said:
I love how I'm looking to talk Cowboys football and simply discuss areas to improve on, and the few responses with intelligent, relevant information are ignored, and the one with the most responses involves a joke about suicide. Classic.
Maybe it's because people knew I was joking. Wise cracks are often appreciated around here.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1851781 said:
No 20. And I've played football my whole life throughout high school. I'm hardly an expert, butdont tell me that I need to learn a game, without giving me some sort of rebuttal as to how I dont know it.

But seriously, I would love to know how I dont know the game, and really am interested if you can show me how.

We lose T.O. tonight and still win, yet you whine. I'm sorry, your standards are just too high for us. A realistic fan looks at what happens, before complaining about tonights game play. Romo came in there with an injured thumb, and still did well. Before TO left, they said that this game could get ugly for the Panthers. We don't want to hear your whining. You have a right to feel the way you do -- irrational as it may seem to others -- but some of us want to stay positive, despite the injuries at this point of the season. So S.T.F.U

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score

No. If you really wanted intelligent discussion, you wouldn't have intimated that anyone who disagreed with you was making excuses.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1852036 said:
in·ti·mate2
1.to indicate or make known indirectly; hint; imply; suggest.
2.Archaic. to make known; announce.

I'm certainly not trying to appear intelligent. I only used the word that, in my opinion, best fit the situation.

I apologize if I confused you. I'll be certain to "dumb it down" next time.
It amazes me when people accuse others of using "big" words when the words in question are of the type that anyone with a high school education should know.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
windward;1852072 said:
It amazes me when people accuse others of using "big" words when the words in question are of the type that anyone with a high school education should know.

Also, I'm not one who believes that the act of posting on a message board excuses poor language usage. Mistakes are fine and even expected. However, lazy writing and poor language habits should be avoided under most circumstances.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;1852070 said:
No. If you really wanted intelligent discussion, you wouldn't have intimated that anyone who disagreed with you was making excuses.

As I already stated, excuses was bad a poor choice of words on my part.

I just find it a bit odd how so many of you are quick to dismiss any of the things the Cowboys are not doing well because it is so "pessimistic" and that you're "not a real fan" I didnt think I would be in THIS much of the minority stating that I dont think our Cowboys are playing very well as of late.

If coaches/GM's had the attitudes of alot of you on this board, teams would never improve, because all you would do is look at the positives of everything and neglect the fact that there are always areas of weaknesses.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852039 said:
Why do you guys think it is negativity? I simply want my favorite team to play better. It really appears that there are alot of homers that cant admit when we are not playing at our best and we have alot of room to improve.

And if you look at things realistically, you will realize that we are not playing as well as we did earlier in the season. Look at my above post for proof and see that there just may be cause for slight concern.

The Cowboys did just fine. In fact, I was kind of worried about this game, considering all those injuries, especially Romo's thumb. We were dominating with TO in there, to the point that one of the announcers said it could get ugly for the other team. Then T.O. Got knocked out of the game, and we still managed to win. Obviously, if TO is out of the game, my standards for the performance I expect the Boys to do is lowered. Once TO was out, they didn't need to Double Team him, obviously. :p It changes the game.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
windward;1852072 said:

Dude, you live in Hawaii. Dont talk to me about edumacation. How's the beach bra?

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score

I'm sure the Cowboys are just kicking themselves over that one, right? And Wade is through the ROOF with anger about that victory, by golly!

If we don't stop winning, we'll never get anywhere good!!!

Unless you're pretending that a professional coaching staff doesn't always plan ahead to make improvements, and play to beat the next team?

As your name is so comical, we have to look at each game from a next generation standpoint, "boys". And we've beaten 13 of 15 teams by adhering to whatever in between games (quarters, plays, halftime) adjustments philosophy we adhere to or see suitable to do otherwise. Those are good numbers. And we just take it game by game, team by team.

What do you want? ..every game to be 45-10?

I swear, some Cowboy fans are never happy! Teams come after Romo and Co. because he's cocky. But so what....

They're going to watch film, Captain Obvious. The thing is, they can't predict what each team is going to do. They can only guess so much. Each game carries it's own level of drama/conflict from the fans standpoint.

But I think we did what we had to do to get the W. And that's all I care about.

I guess the reason that some felt that comment was so funny is because it's obvious that we're in control. We'll have a bye during the playoffs....

We'll regroup then.... I apologize if I offended you. Simmer down, and have faith in 'ol Red Balls. He gives us wings.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852087 said:
Dude, you live in Hawaii. Dont talk to me about edumacation. How's the beach bra?
Back off, you have no clue as to how educated I am. Nice way to stereotype others, though. How ignorant to assume people from Hawaii are stupid or uneducated. Based on your responses, I'd wager I'm much more well-read than you, pal.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852039 said:
Why do you guys think it is negativity? I simply want my favorite team to play better. It really appears that there are alot of homers that cant admit when we are not playing at our best and we have alot of room to improve.

And if you look at things realistically, you will realize that we are not playing as well as we did earlier in the season. Look at my above post for proof and see that there just may be cause for slight concern.

and it seems a lot of 'haters' want to only focus on the negative and miss one of our greatest seasons ever.

cause it wasn't good enough TO THEM.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1852085 said:
The Cowboys did just fine. In fact, I was kind of worried about this game, considering all those injuries, especially Romo's thumb. We were dominating with TO in there, to the point that one of the announcers said it could get ugly for the other team. Then T.O. Got knocked out of the game, and we still managed to win. Obviously, if TO is out of the game, my standards for the performance I expect the Boys to do is lowered. Once TO was out, they didn't need to Double Team him, obviously. :p It changes the game.

Completely agree. When you're without a main weapon, your performance is going to be hindered.

But there were many other areas in this game that I didnt think we played too well in.

This thread has gotten out of control, as there are obviously differing of opinions. I'm just going to say these last words:

I'm a Cowboys fan, I would like to see them win every week of course. I am enjoying every win along this ride of a 13-2 season, and hope it ends with a Super Bowl win. However, when our team doesnt play as well as I'd hoped, I hope we improve on our weaknesses so we do not lose. It isnt pessimism, it isnt being a hater. It's simply wanting my favorite team to play better than they had the week before, and go out and win ball games. Something I'm sure we all can relate on. In the future I'll try not to creates threads that put Cowboys fans against each other. We are a fan of the same team, yet sometimes it appears differently. Go Cowboys.
And I'm done.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;1852048 said:
Please show me one example where it has been said that we suck and we're doomed.

As I stated earlier, you guys need to stop taking everything that inst rosy and positive and twisting it to it's most extreme.

You're belittling the accomplishments that our team has done this year and spreading your pessimism by posting this post. You are saying that there should be no excuses for our performance, despite injuries. That's not realistic; your expectations are too high. I'll never use injuries as an excuse for losing a game, but realistically we're not going to be as good when you have key components to our team go down and get dinged up. With the injuries that we started the game with, I expected the Panthers to have a chance today. The Cowboys out performed my expectations with TO in the lineup. When TO went down, the game went more like I expected it to. :p The realistic way to look at this is that we still can win despite having injuries. That's something to be proud of, not to whine about.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Gangsta Spanksta;1852109 said:
You're belittling the accomplishments that our team has done this year and spreading your pessimism by posting this post. You are saying that there should be no excuses for our performance, despite injuries. That's not realistic; your expectations are too high. I'll never use injuries as an excuse for losing a game, but realistically we're not going to be as good when you have key components to our team go down and get dinged up. With the injuries that we started the game with, I expected the Panthers to have a chance today. The Cowboys out performed my expectations with TO in the lineup. When TO went down, the game went more like I expected it to. :p The realistic way to look at this is that we still can win despite having injuries. That's something to be proud of, not to whine about.
dude, go have a drink or something. you're getting too riled up over someone's opinion

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
windward;1852072 said:

;) well forget the education level. It's amazing someone would do that, considering that there is dictionary.com out there. I mean how hard is it to open up another tab in firefox to see what a word means? The only excuse there is laziness. :)

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
windward;1852092 said:
Back off, you have no clue as to how educated I am. Nice way to stereotype others, though. How ignorant to assume people from Hawaii are stupid or uneducated. Based on your responses, I'd wager I'm much more well-read than you, pal.

Nice to meet you.

:shake: