You Can Still Mock in America

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hey, today's games inspired me to throw out another Mock.

1st round...Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin, 6'5", 315. Yes, I am serious. If you saw this kid today, you saw a monster. I am to the point where I am ready to go OL in the early rounds and provide a wall in front of Tony. I want to run the ball again. Here is a bulldozer.

2nd round...Devin Still, DL, Penn State, 6'4", 310. I am afraid this guy is going to rise. But right now he is considered a mid 2nd round pick. He is a strong force at the point of attack and can be a prototypical 3-4 DE. His versatility is also a good reason to go for him.

3rd round...Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia, 5'10", 180. Don't let his small stature fool you. This guy can play. He will put on some bulk. He already gets after WRs and the football.

4th round...Nick Foles, QB, Arizona, 6'5", 240. I can't tell you how badly I have wanted a legit QB for my Wildcats. This guy is. He is a project at the next level because of the shotgun Offense, but he has all the tools. If you watched him against USC today you saw fire. Could be the guy who replaces Tony in 4 to 5 years.

5th round...Juron Criner, WR, Arizona, 6'4", 215. I love my homer pick. This guy is such a joy to watch go after a football. He reminds me so much of TO in talent, and even a little bit in attitude, but he is a team first guy. A perfect 3rd guy on the WR corps who can step up to any role. I am not sure why he is rated so low, but I will take it.

6th round...Mark Tyler, RB, USC, 5'10", 230. Goal line option. Short yardage bull.

7th round...Mike Ryan, OT, Connecticut, 6'5", 335.
Gotta rebuild OT depth.

RS12

Reaction score
You know, I would not complain at all about this draft. I will be interested to see what grades Konz ends up with. I think draft scout had him rated #1. I am really interested in Still to bulk up the D Line and if he went to PSU, likely a good kid.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Konz is turning into a monster

I think with Konz an Brewster coming out this year

there are 2 very good centers

VACowboy

Reaction score
Love the idea of focusing early on the OL. Love the Konz pick.

The Realist

Reaction score
Love Konz too along with his linemate Zeitler.

1) Peter Konz C

2) Brandon Boykins CB

3) Kevin Zeitler G

4) Jairus Wright WR

5) Chandler Harnish QB

6) Jerry Franklin ILB

7) Camp Body CB

Next year I move Kosier and Smith to the left side. Move Free to RT.

Smith Kosier Konz Zeitler Free

Get Nagy or Arkin ready to be my LG. Nagy, Arkin, Kowalski, Parnell, Costa are my backups.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I like the first round pick, I don't really care about the rest. I would rather see Jerry get Calasis Campbell in free agency, then the DL would be set. Hatcher, Ratliff and Campbell.
I would also like to get a OG early. DeCastro would be very nice add.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Isn't drafting in the top ten too high for a center?

I kid, I kid.

It's a long season, but I'm already looking at corner and QB.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Hostile;4152691 said:

1st round...Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin, 6'5", 315. Yes, I am serious. If you saw this kid today, you saw a monster. I am to the point where I am ready to go OL in the early rounds and provide a wall in front of Tony. I want to run the ball again. Here is a bulldozer.

2nd round...Devin Still, DL, Penn State, 6'4", 310. I am afraid this guy is going to rise. But right now he is considered a mid 2nd round pick. He is a strong force at the point of attack and can be a prototypical 3-4 DE. His versatility is also a good reason to go for him.

3rd round...Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia, 5'10", 180. Don't let his small stature fool you. This guy can play. He will put on some bulk. He already gets after WRs and the football.

4th round...Nick Foles, QB, Arizona, 6'5", 240. I can't tell you how badly I have wanted a legit QB for my Wildcats. This guy is. He is a project at the next level because of the shotgun Offense, but he has all the tools. If you watched him against USC today you saw fire. Could be the guy who replaces Tony in 4 to 5 years.

5th round...Juron Criner, WR, Arizona, 6'4", 215. I love my homer pick. This guy is such a joy to watch go after a football. He reminds me so much of TO in talent, and even a little bit in attitude, but he is a team first guy. A perfect 3rd guy on the WR corps who can step up to any role. I am not sure why he is rated so low, but I will take it.

6th round...Mark Tyler, RB, USC, 5'10", 230. Goal line option. Short yardage bull.

Gotta rebuild OT depth.

I'm a Big 10 guy. I love Konz. I think he may be the best of all the recent Wisky O-linemen. Overall, I'd take this draft in a second.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Hostile;4152691 said:

Gotta rebuild OT depth.
I wouldn't be opposed to this at all. You are making some great selections in your mock drafts. I just hope the Cowboys follow suit in the real thing. I am keeping my eyes on CB Omar Bolden from Arizona St. as well. He is injured, but he is one of those players that will be an injury steal when he is healthy.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
We have Dez and Miles. We just drafted Harris. Robinson looks very good. We have Holley and Ogletree competing for that 5th WR spot next year, along with Manny Johnson, who looks good in preseason.

I see no reason to draft a WR this upcoming draft.

I would rather focus on OL, DL, LB, and DB.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Biggems;4162127 said:
We have Dez and Miles. We just drafted Harris. Robinson looks very good. We have Holley and Ogletree competing for that 5th WR spot next year, along with Manny Johnson, who looks good in preseason.

I see no reason to draft a WR this upcoming draft.

I would rather focus on OL, DL, LB, and DB.

Why DL and LB. We still dont know about Carter. Spencer has had a good year so far. Your not going to find a starting OLB in the 2nd-6th round.
DL Hatcher looks good so far, Ratliff too, maybe a NT for depth. I think Jerry needs to go after Calasis Campbell this offseason. Add him to the DL watch out.

CB is a sure think, we need a secondary playmaker at corner. Big, physical, cover corner.

OG and Center is a must over the next few years, if not a major look this year draft for both. If I can get Konz and DeCastro in this draft I would in a heart beat.

Also QB, I like Romo, this is a draft a QB for nect year. Romo has only two years left on his contract, now may be the time to draft a QB to replace Romo after two years.

Trent Richardson is a beast, if he is there in round 1 you take him Richardson power, size, and speed can do more for this team than Felix, Choice, and Murrey combined.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I would like to see us make a trade to add another 3rd

1 - C Peter Konz - Wisconsin
2 - DL Devin Still - PSU
3 - OG Kevin Zeitler - Wisconsin
3 - CB Brandon Boykin - Georgia
4 - QB Nick Foles - Arizona
5 - FS Aaron Henry - Wisconsin
6 - OT Jeff Adams - Columbia
7 - SS Kelcie McCray - Arkansas St.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4162174 said:
Why DL and LB. We still dont know about Carter. Spencer has had a good year so far. Your not going to find a starting OLB in the 2nd-6th round.
DL Hatcher looks good so far, Ratliff too, maybe a NT for depth. I think Jerry needs to go after Calasis Campbell this offseason. Add him to the DL watch out.

CB is a sure think, we need a secondary playmaker at corner. Big, physical, cover corner.

OG and Center is a must over the next few years, if not a major look this year draft for both. If I can get Konz and DeCastro in this draft I would in a heart beat.

Also QB, I like Romo, this is a draft a QB for nect year. Romo has only two years left on his contract, now may be the time to draft a QB to replace Romo after two years.

Trent Richardson is a beast, if he is there in round 1 you take him Richardson power, size, and speed can do more for this team than Felix, Choice, and Murrey combined.

I want Richardson....but if he isn't there, I don't want a RB in this draft...maybe FB Cody Johnson in the 7th.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Biggems;4162219 said:
I want Richardson....but if he isn't there, I don't want a RB in this draft...maybe FB Cody Johnson in the 7th.

oh yeah I agree 100%. I don't care for any other RB in this coming up draft.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Hostile;4152691 said:

7th round...Mike Ryan, OT, Connecticut, 6'5", 335. Gotta rebuild OT depth.

Do you think we'll get a comp pick for Bowen? I would think a guy signing a 25 million dollar deal with another team would net us something.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
supercowboy8;4162221 said:
oh yeah I agree 100%. I don't care for any other RB in this coming up draft.

but we need a guy who can get the tough yards

wether through the draft or FA

supercowboy8

Reaction score
UnoDallas;4162701 said:
but we need a guy who can get the tough yards

wether through the draft or FA

Ok but right now, I don't see any RB other than Richardson who could do that year one right now in college. There is plenty of time for that, I will be watching alot more game but right now I don't see any though power backs that I think can make in the NFL other than Richardson(who is the complete package).
My only problem with Richardson is how he runs, with such power, how long will he be able to last in the NFL. He might be a one contract and done RB.

I just don't want to waste another draft pick on a RB when we already hae 3 for next year.