You cant draft QBs narrative

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There's a reason why there is just a handful of top tier QB's at any time because there's a huge difference between college ball where most of the players never make it to NFL teams and the NFL. That's why many teams have to keep looking for "that QB".
I agree. College is saturated. That's why I feel like when you find a guy you have to try and keep them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never been the type to disqualify someone because of the school they played at.

When I was in my teens all I heard was you can draft Penn State runners.. Then Larry Johnson happened, and now Miles Sanders and Saquon.

Just judge guys individually and don't judge them because of their school and even their competition. Judge the individual player.

Fields can run.. He can throw a good deep ball.. And he can check it down.. He just needs to learn the intermediate game and get better at throwing guys open and reading the entire defense and not just locking on his primary guy.

RBs are wayyyyy easier to evaluate than Qbs. I'm just saying that the past 5 OSU Qbs coming out of that system haven't panned out. Justin is now #6 coming from the same system. At the very least, I wouldn't pay attention to his stats when doing the evaluation. NFL teams have to look deeper and may conclude that the BYU kid is a better pro prospect.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RBs are wayyyyy easier to evaluate than Qbs. I'm just saying that the past 5 OSU Qbs coming out of that system haven't panned out. Justin is now #6 coming from the same system. At the very least, I wouldn't pay attention to his stats when doing the evaluation. NFL teams have to look deeper and may conclude that the BYU kid is a better pro prospect.

I like Zach Wilson better than Fields.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think Lance will surprise folks.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
He's cheaper so will be easier to build a better team around..

Dak wants money like he's an elite player when in reality he goes as the team goes.
I guess this has been debated, but I haven’t heard your, nor any good answer:

Dak had (has?) one of the best records as a starter since entering the league. Many said it was because his team was so good and that he couldn’t put up numbers.

Then he started putting up numbers and people said they were garbage time etc. basically anything to discount that they were proven wrong.

Now it’s that he costs too much. Good QBs do cost a lot. That’s simply a fact. If the gap between he and Dalton wasn’t clear by now what would make it clear?

Is there anything he could do? What metric or eye test or whatever do you use to compare and evaluate? I’m not being sarcastic or probing for an argument. I’d like to understand and have it explained in a clear way to make sense of your stance.

Good QBs are hard to find. Guys that lead the league in passing are hard to find. Games to start career with no ints. The win/loss record. I’m missing some other accomplishments. Passer rating? QBR? But it seems like he’s been, at least, very good.

Drafting isn’t easy and Dalton isn’t good.