Reaction score
OT Terrence Steele
OT Brandon Knight
C Tyler Biadasz
OL Joe Looney
TE Dalton Schultz

fansince68

Reaction score
In a sense, they all are. The salary cap keeps players from truly earning the max. In terms of the salary cap, most good players on their initial contract are under paid.
But what is the max? All occupations have a salary cap.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
In a sense, they all are. The salary cap keeps players from truly earning the max. In terms of the salary cap, most good players on their initial contract are under paid.

They all are over paid. If there was no NFL or any other professional football league what would these players be making starting from the time they would have entered the NFL in other jobs? Now tell me that even players playing on their rookie contracts that are playing good aren't making a hundred and many cases a thousand times more than any job they would have gotten if there was no professional football.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We care about the salary cap and fitting as many players under it as we can. Any questions?

Exactly. I had a guy tell me 6 years ago that they need to pay Demarco Murray and I said no way. His response was “what do you care, its Jerry’s money not yours?”. Clearly he had zero understanding of a salary cap.

Reactions: CWR

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The amount of money pro athletes make is insane, but the human race as a whole is also insane.
It is also normal for most of us to be envious of football players that make 5-40 million a year !
26 mil a year is $500,000 a week! lol
I cant even comprehend making that much a week....every week ! lol can you guys?
I have no issues saying I am envious or jealous of that.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The common misconception is people care about players money, that’s not the case. Fans care about the salary cap - who would give a about how much these guys made if there was no cap?

Exactly. If it wasn't for the Cap, it would be no one else's business what they make and it wouldn't matter. The Cap changes that because when a team misuses the Cap system, it adversely affects the rest of the team.
If I had my way the salary cap would be abolished.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
Who is underpaid?
NOT ZEKE! :lmao: sorry Steve couldnt help it LOL. I dont think any of them are underpaid but its more about the overall picture and how they fit in team structure capwise. Which positions and players are living up to their value and which bonehead moves jerry and Steven has done.

Wait a minute how about J.P Ladecuer(spelling?) ? I mean he has to bend over multiple times a game that can have long term affects on his well being. Im going with J.P

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The common misconception is people care about players money, that’s not the case. Fans care about the salary cap - who would give a about how much these guys made if there was no cap?
Lol no. This might be true here and there, but on this board, specifically, it's just people crying about what other people make. It has nothing to do with the cap.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So if there wasn’t a cap, you would care about what the players make? Why?

The only one's that jump out at me as notably underpaid are Gallup, because he is still on his rookie deal as a 3rd round pick, and Aldon Smith, because he is on a one year "prove it" deal.

Johnny23

Reaction score
So if there wasn’t a cap, you would care about what the players make? Why?
See Baseball. People lose their minds over what a guy like Bryce Harper makes or what the Yankees paid to sign Garrett Cole.

People have issues with every major sports star making millions at a 1,000 x my salary or insert more noble profession here clip.

Basketball has a salary cap that can afford big contracts and people lose it when people get the big super max contract.

It's just human nature.