You care so much about players checks?

EST_1986

Reaction score
The common misconception is people care about players money, that’s not the case. Fans care about the salary cap - who would give a about how much these guys made if there was no cap?
I know I wouldn't give a care in the world who got paid what if there was no cap

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The common misconception is people care about players money, that’s not the case. Fans care about the salary cap - who would give a about how much these guys made if there was no cap?[/QUOTE

When fans talk about players lifestyle, they are taking about their money.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If staying within the cap was an assurance of winning, then please explain the years this team has not been in cap Hell and still sucked like the line at the driver's license bureau?

In this case the cap is a convenient tool to pay stars and keep the other players contracts in line. And for the fans to vilify players who cross an imaginary line, when the real issue is the people who own the teams.

I am huge on capitalism, but this cap thing has nothing to do with capitalism. Just the opposite.

Whine away about this guy or that guy making too much. If they were all paid the minimum this team would still have only two wins. The difference might be fans actually heading down to The Star and holding vigils as they burn Jerry and Stephen in effigy.

kskboys

Reaction score
If staying within the cap was an assurance of winning, then please explain the years this team has not been in cap Hell and still sucked like the line at the driver's license bureau?

In this case the cap is a convenient tool to pay stars and keep the other players contracts in line. And for the fans to vilify players who cross an imaginary line, when the real issue is the people who own the teams.

I am huge on capitalism, but this cap thing has nothing to do with capitalism. Just the opposite.

Whine away about this guy or that guy making too much. If they were all paid the minimum this team would still have only two wins. The difference might be fans actually heading down to The Star and holding vigils as they burn Jerry and Stephen in effigy.
Where in the world did you get this "assurance of winning" idea? I don't remember anyone referring to cap mgmt as assurance of winning.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I could not care less about what these guys make. Good for them..... the only thing I care about is how it impacts the cap. If they get paid big bucks, we need to have big time production. Paying someone big bucks that doesnt produce means our team is likely not doing well.

Oter than the cap..... who cares what they make.

kskboys

Reaction score
The NFL Draft, salary cap, and franchise tags are all illegal to me. It should be free market. Trying to restrict where someone works, forcing someone to work for you, and having a restriction for how much someone can request for their service is all bullfeces. But since the NFL players have no balls and won't stand together, the nflpa is the weakest of all unions in professional sports.

Jerry Jones was one of the biggest mouth pieces for the salary cap. Which is ironic, since the salary cap pretty much killed his team's success for almost three decades. He cannot spend his way out of bad decision-making, bad free agency acquisitions, and years of bad drafts under the worst general manager in the league.
The money stream goes south if you do that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Where in the world did you get this "assurance of winning" idea? I don't remember anyone referring to cap mgmt as assurance of winning.
I was under the impression he was talking to someone on my ignore list, but did this just come out of the blue?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The NFL Draft, salary cap, and franchise tags are all illegal to me. It should be free market. Trying to restrict where someone works, forcing someone to work for you, and having a restriction for how much someone can request for their service is all bullfeces. But since the NFL players have no balls and won't stand together, the nflpa is the weakest of all unions in professional sports.

Jerry Jones was one of the biggest mouth pieces for the salary cap. Which is ironic, since the salary cap pretty much killed his team's success for almost three decades. He cannot spend his way out of bad decision-making, bad free agency acquisitions, and years of bad drafts under the worst general manager in the league.
Since they're all part of the same organization, or "company", and all the owners agreed to abide by these rules, it's all perfectly legal. The players can request anything they want...they're not Oliver Twist...they simply won't get it. And nobody is forcing them to work for them. They can either make millions of dollars playing for the team who has their contract, or they can go work at Walmart.

Anyone who thinks any player in the NFL is being treated poorly or unfairly must have grown up very entitled.

Motorola

Reaction score
The common misconception is people care about players money, that’s not the case. Fans care about the salary cap - who would give a about how much these guys made if there was no cap?
No one cares about people's salaries in other realms - the news media (tv & radio), entertainment, etc.; but in professional sports.....

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
This hole mess with how much players are paid starts with the sports outlets ESPN, Fox, NBC. As always you hear them say "pay the man" and just about every time the Boys are on TV. Amazing how these TV analyst get involved with other teams/players business and other peoples money? Have you ever heard them say "Why did he get paid". Nope

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
We care about the salary cap and fitting as many players under it as we can. Any questions?
just be a fan and let the team worry about the dollars. This team has shown over and over that they can free up whatever they need.