You don't sign the guy that's 2-5 in the playoffs to 60 mill a year

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nah, when did Dak look good in the regular season against playoff-bound teams like the Bills, Lions, Phins, and Niners?
And not only last season he's below .500 against teams in the previous seasons with a winning record.
Its not a playoff gimp its a facing non-dog team gimp.
he didn't look good. but we all know that the QB has to win it all by himself. forget any other position or the defense. nobody but the QB holds any accountability or responsiblity.
look at SF and Eagles who made it to superbowl with Average QBs. yeah. I guess you are going to claim Hurts and Purdy are elite?
you want Dak to be Mahomes? he will not. can not be. he is not.
now are you going to fall on the floor kicking and screaming and crying you want mahomes like your other partner?

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He deserved to be top-five paid quarterback whether that 60 million or 80 million. I don't know what the going rate is now. I know he'll take less money to play here, maybe a couple million. He's not going anywhere. If they want to fix their playoff problems it's not the QB, It's the coaches that need to be changed.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
The Defence, led by genius Quinn, also helped
Which is a separate issue in this poorly constructed team.
34, 30, 41. What are those numbers? Those are the total points the defense surrendered in three of those losses. The Cowboys lost while scoring 31, 23 and 32 points in those games. But we put it all on the quarterback? ***.
No, just his part.
And an opposing offense can't score when you keep it off the field.

chagus

Reaction score
I think ALL NFL teams need to STOP paying huge amounts of money to UNPROVEN QBs. If you, as a QB, have not guided your team to the conference championship game, you will not get the "Dak Mahomes Rogers" bag. Plain and simple. This crap is ridiculous.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Romo’s post season results mirror Daks, yet instead of looking for a new QB, Jerry gave Romo near Peyton Manning money. I don’t see any difference between these two QBs reg or post season records yet Jerry wants to move on w Dak, and adopt Romo as his son. Double standard.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Romo’s post season results mirror Daks, yet instead of looking for a new QB, Jerry gave Romo near Peyton Manning money. I don’t see any difference between these two QBs reg or post season records yet Jerry wants to move on w Dak, and adopt Romo as his son. Double standard.
Actually there's a significant difference in their regular season records.. Romo orchestrated the back to back to back 8-8 seasons while Dak has orchestrated back to back to back 12-5 seasons. I still say Romo's 2014 season was a little better than Dak's best season (2023?) but Romo had an 1800 yard rusher, a hall of fame tight end and Dez to lean on while playing behind the best line in football.. while Dak had.. well.. you know.. There is no debating that Dak's degree of difficulty has been a little higher. I'm fine if the Cowboys want to move on from Dak.. They just better have something better or at least equivalent in the pipeline. I don't want to see us stuck like were trying to replace Troy.. or Irvin, or Emmitt or even Ware, Dez and Zeke. This franchise has moved on from players with no viable option in place more times than we can count.

Sandyf

Reaction score
I think ALL NFL teams need to STOP paying huge amounts of money to UNPROVEN QBs. If you, as a QB, have not guided your team to the conference championship game, you will not get the "Dak Mahomes Rogers" bag. Plain and simple. This crap is ridiculous.
If you think it will stop then you are living in a fantasy world. Heck it didn't stop during COVID with no fans in the stands. People scream about Dak possibly getting 60 million a year but next year's Dak will be 70 million. Chiefs are already trying to do some renegotiate of Mahomes contract to keep his salary in top 5 every year. In a few years you will have the 100 million a year QB.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He deserved to be top-five paid quarterback whether that 60 million or 80 million. I don't know what the going rate is now. I know he'll take less money to play here, maybe a couple million. He's not going anywhere. If they want to fix their playoff problems it's not the QB, It's the coaches that need to be changed.
I suspect Dak wants to be a free agent and see what the offers are. If the Cowboys want him they’ll have to offer him more money than any other team.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Romo threw two picks total in all of the playoff games, one on a desperation heave on the last play of the game in his first full year of starting. Outside of the Minnesota game where he was running for his life due to a sieve of an offensive line and the defense failing, all of the playoff games that were lost came down to the wire. It’s a superficial comparison to say the records are the same, therefore the QBs are the same.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
The last time we saw Dak he was helping the Packers.
I'd say the defense was helping Greenbay more than Dak did. Question? Why do some of you guys hate Dak so much. Has to go deeper than his quarterbacking. Because by the op standard. No quarterback not named Mahomes would get re-signed...... :facepalm:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Ya, no. A retired Joe Flacco got the brown into the playoffs. The sooner Jerry figures out he needs a new QB, the better.
A free agent and a 4th round quarterback was our best. And you want Jerry to figure out we need a quarterback :laugh: :lmao::lmao2:I'll give you Mahomes and in Dallas it won't matter:muttley:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Laughing MAO.....all these dumb Dak threads. And the real problems are Jerry and Stephen. As long as they are here you can have Mahomes in Dallas and it won't matter. Bet they were hollering for Romo's head also. And what has change? Once Dak leaves, I guess they'll be wanting Lance's head then Mr. Irrelevant head-thread. While suffering 28 more years of the same crap;)

chagus

Reaction score
If you think it will stop then you are living in a fantasy world. Heck it didn't stop during COVID with no fans in the stands. People scream about Dak possibly getting 60 million a year but next year's Dak will be 70 million. Chiefs are already trying to do some renegotiate of Mahomes contract to keep his salary in top 5 every year. In a few years you will have the 100 million a year QB.
Yeah. Mahomes... i get it. But Dak, Cousins, Carr, Garappolo, Murray, Watson? No. Stop the insanity. Its not a fantasy world. Paying unproven QBs is getting ridiculous, handicapping the team and for what? Jersey sales? Sold out games? Thats not even about football anymore.

Last edited:

chagus

Reaction score
Romo was a better a QB than Dak. For the record, i did not endorse Romo's contract either. Never won anything. But... Jerry see's how much money that player brings in. Thats the problem.

Flamma

Reaction score
he didn't look good. but we all know that the QB has to win it all by himself. forget any other position or the defense. nobody but the QB holds any accountability or responsiblity.
look at SF and Eagles who made it to superbowl with Average QBs. yeah. I guess you are going to claim Hurts and Purdy are elite?
you want Dak to be Mahomes? he will not. can not be. he is not.
now are you going to fall on the floor kicking and screaming and crying you want mahomes like your other partner?
This is why you don't see me ever calling for getting rid of Dak. Even though I am really critical of him. The front office has to do their part first, and they're not doing it. It's not going to matter who our QB is. Like you mentioned, we'll need Patrick Mahomes to make up for the crap way this organization goes about building a team. Yes, we're going to need an elite level QB to go deep into the playoffs.

Another thing that bothers me about this team. When was the last time the Cowboys got a nice signature win? Like the Ravens did to the 49ers last year. It's only other teams that get their big unexpected wins against us. Is that all Dak's fault? I can see he's crapping the bed on many of these occasions, but is it all him? I doubt it.