You gotta wonder if players read our threads

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think they care.

They care because they respond to a lot of fans on social media. Some have gotten pretty angry at fans. I’ve seen some pretty nasty tweets between fans and players. Jaylon was hearing it from the fans and had a few responses. I tweeted a comment to Martellus Bennett once and he took exception.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
lol, we are not that important

I’ve talked to a lot of players and fans are important to most of them. They try blowing most of the criticism off but it does bother them if a number of fans are saying the same thing.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Forums are a relict of the early 2000s, and no millennial reads them or does even know what they are. But since 90% of the bull**** posted here comes from Twitter "news" the topics are pretty much the same. :p

So I'm pretty sure they notice what's going on on social media. And if they don't read it themselves, their families and friends do and probably tell them.

So I think whatever media coaches and the FO tell them to do / not to do, they know what's going on.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I don’t know about players but i know Kellen Moore, Sean Payton, Andy Reid and Sean McVay read my posts to get ideas about play design
And Dan Quinn told me he read mine last week when I mentioned the amazing rush we were going to bring to the table would mean the Deadskins would dink and dunk with misdirection…HA!

stiletto

Reaction score
My oldest child is always laughing at me. I will tell her to text me, then quickly correct myself and say oops, WhatsApp me thinking nailed it then i get the "we don't use WhatsApp either Dad".

I don't remember getting the letter telling me I am an old fart but it most certainly is now true.

I have no idea where the last dozen or so years went. My life as I knew it was over as soon as kids came....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I was a Cowboy player in today's social media age this site would be on my favorite list.
These guys have massive EGO!!!
Guys like Rayne who have made their career based on great PR probably visit here daily.
Bunch of gossip Queens like the rest of us.....:p

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I have no idea where the last dozen or so years went. My life as I knew it was over as soon as kids came....

same here.......2 kids and life is great, just not what it was! I used to travel to the States once or twice a year on holiday (vacation to you lot) and spend a small fortune/ have lots of fun. Haven't been since 2012 when I somehow convinced my wife it was ok to go to Vegas without her for a week with my old boy friends.

I have just booked flights last night for next summer, 22 days (kids are coming with me though :mad:).

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not sure about players, or if friends or family members would read more likely.

However I am pretty sure media, local, and national do read it.
I think Brian Broaddus posted here at one time, as well, Bob Sturm. But of course the usual constantly tore them down with the usual hate.
They, unlike many of us, figured it is not worth their time on such nonsense stupid stuff. :laugh:

But there have been too many articles that came out on certain topics and subjects after they were posted here first.
Or at least they got an idea from it. That I am sure of.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Most of those ego maniacs could never handle such a dose of reality. I Jaylon was on here at any point in the last few years he may have been blasted right out of the fantasy world he was living in.