You guys are afraid of every team and every situation

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
While I agree he has been outstanding.... there has been a few rookie QBs who have had better seasons stat wise..

Here are the top rookie QB seasons ..

Dan Marino - 9 starts (7-2), rating 96.0, 20 TD 6 INT 58.4% completions 2210 yards
Russell Wilson - 16 starts (11-5) 100.0 rating 26 TD 10 INT 64.1% 3118 yards
Robert Griffin - 15 starts (9-6)102.4 rating 20 TD 5 INT 65.6% 3200 yards
Dak Prescott - 16 (13-3) starts 104.9 rating 23 TD, 4 INT 67.8% 3667 yards
Justin Herbert - 15 (6-9) starts 98.3 rating 31 TD 10 INT 66.6% 4336 yards

I think Herbert had the highest yardage total and the highest TDs.. Dak had the highest passer rating, completion percentage and INT percentage. As we read on this forum daily, yards don't matter.. in fact stats don't matter.. just wins.. Dak was numero uno in that department as well.

Still I cannot concur with anybody stating that the kid is a journeyman.. He has shown himself to be much more than that.
Herbert had the best rookie QB season ever stat wise and I don't see how that can be disputed.. Also, add is rushing stats and Herbert had another 5 TDs. The only people that would dispute that are people that had QBs that also had good rookie seasons and aren't able to properly and without bias see anything outside of their favorite teams.

They're Seahawks fans that'll say Wilson had the best rookie season. They're wrong.
They're Cowboys fans that'll say Dak. They're wrong.
They're' Washington fans that'll say RG3. They're wrong.

If you can look at it without bias the answer is easily Herbert until somebody comes along and puts up better numbers.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You mean the Cowboys with Dak have beaten winnings teams while the Chargers with Herbert have not, right?

Dak and Herbert do not beat these teams alone, right?
Stop flip flopping and pick one

I see you are running around the bush to get away from Herbert not beating a winning team while berating Dak.

Qcard

Reaction score
I have never seen the degree of negativity and loser mentality we have currently have on this message board. Every single subject is littered with negativity, doom and gloom and how we could not beat the little sisters of the poor.

I’m all for your right to say what you are saying. I just think it’s not realistic and a pathetic way to approach life in general.

If you hate literally everything the Cowboys do, you either must not be a Cowboys fan, or if you are a Cowboys fan, why would you do this to yourself and not find a team that you think does things the way you like it?
It's the side effects of the Garrett & Romo Era!! 50/50 mentality

kskboys

Reaction score
They also beat 8-8 LasVegas, who would've had a winning record if not for losing to Chargers.

Lost by 3 to KC, 7 to TB, 3 to NO, 8 to MIA. Chargers only lost two games by more than one score, NE 45-0 and BUFF 27-17. SD won 4 straight to end the season. Chargers had the 10th ranked D, also a major factor in the wins and close games. Didn't have much of a running game, so Herbert had to do more in that respect.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are strange. Try to be a bit more coherent, hey?
I think @ActualCowboysFan is referring to the circumstances surrounding both teams when they met. It is not the same but I see it like Dallas opening 0-2 during the 1993 season with Emmitt Smith holding out for a new contract. The 0-2 start included a 13-10 loss to Buffalo. Fast forward to January when Dallas met Buffalo again for all the marbles with Smith. 30-13 Super Bowl win.

The circumstances for both teams changed between the two matchups. Well, it changed for the Cowboys at least. :laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
I think @ActualCowboysFan is referring to the circumstances surrounding both teams when they met. It is not the same but I see it like Dallas opening 0-2 during the 1993 season with Emmitt Smith holding out for a new contract. The 0-2 start included a 13-10 loss to Buffalo. Fast forward to January when Dallas met Buffalo again for all the marbles with Smith. 30-13 Super Bowl win.

The circumstances for both teams changed between the two matchups. Well, it changed for the Cowboys at least. :laugh:
Of course. However, the "Now you're being you" is a weird statement that has no place in a football discussion.