You guys are some negative people

Verdict

Reaction score
Okay so I got to ask how long have you been a Cowboy fan? Not trying to be smart here I'm just asking? And you are right there is a lot of negativity on here not winning or having a great record will do that, however there are many of us here that have legitimate concerns about this team in the way they're coached and had been fans for 50 plus years so I think we were reserve the right to be critical. With that being said I hope they kick the dog s*** out of New England my wife isn't doing none fan I've had to sit here the last four times we played them while not here I was in Florida some I would love nothing more than that and do I think they're capable? Yes will they do it ? I'm skeptical. You are right we perhaps have some of the best talent in the league no doubt about that ! I'm not sure which criticism you're talkin about if it means criticizing the team they shouldn't be because a lot of the criticism I project is on the coaching staff and my friends that's where the football team gets lead from no two ifs ands or buts about it! Now what I'd like to see if someone on that team step up and be a leader despite the piss poor coaching staff example Frederick directing his anger to the sidelines in Minnesota game why would you run that? When your player start to question what you do there's something wrong there especially if it's Frederick. Now I do believe you are correct in a lot of people's perception of this team but I believe it's mostly out of frustration but there's definitely issues with this coaching staff and they're finally coming to light inside the Dallas organization not just fans and media

Fans since the 1 and 15 season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I understand that we haven’t won a SB in many years. I have been waiting just like you guys have.

We have assembled one hell of a good team. Some would say the deepest, most talented team in the league.

We may not have the best record in the league, but we could easily have a better record. Often the team with the best record does not win the super bowl.

I am expecting the Cowboys to walk into the Patriots house and give them a beat down. You guys may not. That’s fine, but this constant negativity is really a weak point of view.

Just get in the playoffs and see what happens. The Giants have two SBs when they clearly were an inferior team. If you get in you have a shot. And we have a better shot now than we have had in a long time.

Enjoy it and stop being such pansies.
yes far too much negativity and hate toward our own players and team..:oldcouple:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's my opinion that SOME fans are afraid to buy in. The "I'm a better fan" routine does work both ways but, I think one side, naturally, is more serious about their viewpoint. They want to be viewed as objective experts and really in-the-know. As if they are ESPiN analysts or former NFL coaches. They think finding fault earns more respect than just cheering on. Predicting losses is a "Told Ya So" crowning achievement. And some don;t want to emotionally invest in a team that has been emotional let down for 25 years.

Me? I take my lead from players like Witten, Dak, Amari. This has been my family for 40+ years. I support them, cheer them on, laugh, cry...and defend them as if they were my brothers. I suppose I don;t consider myself expert enough to find intricate flaws and design better plays, especially given that I don;t have REAL game film (not youtube game highlights) to break it down. If this makes me a rose glasses wearing simpleton...fine. I survived about 20-25 of those years without internet debates...I could do it again. And in fact I sopped doing gametime threads years ago....I just enjoy the game! I don't have to be bothered with negative nonsense 3 minutes into 1st period.

Now...doesn't mean I'm still not sometimes critical. Murrray's Fumble, I think, cost us the game and a shot at serious playoff run. I also was not in favor of paying zeke that much money, even though I had been one of his biggest fans (even at tOSU.). I was stunned and filled with hate at our Jets loss. But I'm not gonna cry and whine about it at every single opportunity. The season is so short and way too long in between...I choose to enjoy it and support my Cowboys through thick and thin.

CoachD

Reaction score
So am I negative when I say that Zeke is too heavy and is having a horrible season and he needs to lose 10-15 lbs or am I just being truthful?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I understand that we haven’t won a SB in many years. I have been waiting just like you guys have.

We have assembled one hell of a good team. Some would say the deepest, most talented team in the league.

We may not have the best record in the league, but we could easily have a better record. Often the team with the best record does not win the super bowl.

I am expecting the Cowboys to walk into the Patriots house and give them a beat down. You guys may not. That’s fine, but this constant negativity is really a weak point of view.

Just get in the playoffs and see what happens. The Giants have two SBs when they clearly were an inferior team. If you get in you have a shot. And we have a better shot now than we have had in a long time.

Enjoy it and stop being such pansies.
Clap clap clap, that’s why some of us are miserable.

CoachD

Reaction score
Oh look, another one of these posts that tell us to either be sunshine and rainbows fans or not fans at all. Such original thought in this one.

Your right, nothing pisses me off more when fans act like cheerleaders and believe me there is plenty of that around here!

CoachD

Reaction score
Fans should act like grumpy old men!

No that's not what I'm saying but if you've been around long enough like I have you'll know that 25 years of mediocrity AIN'T cuttin it!

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
No that's not what I'm saying but if you've been around long enough like I have you'll know that 25 years of mediocrity AIN'T cuttin it!
You tell 'em!
Bark doggie! Bark!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
So am I negative when I say that Zeke is too heavy and is having a horrible season and he needs to lose 10-15 lbs or am I just being truthful?

All the people making excuses for Zeke are about to attack. I've been there before.

tenor.gif

DFWJC

Reaction score
Positivity is a good thing.

But....A “beat down” IN. New England?

What’s a beat down? Dallas by 20?
Seriously?