You guys are some negative people

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
We have a right to be downright hostile

Be careful. You might be labeled a "Hater" for pointing out any obvious flaws.

It's all supposed to be Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows with some people.

fNZHH2w.gif

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except we're not the players and you're not the coach or gm lol so our behaviour does not represent the actions and morale of the team.

I don't care how extreme views are as long as people don't jump to insults because of their insecurities.

Typically the ones that care express their concerns instead of smiling at every action regardless of results. But again, as long as people aren't insulting others expressing concerns what is the issue? I'm sure browns fans can all agree and be miserable at the same time lol. All we can do is root for the best, but don't expect me to just praise Garrett at all times.

You acknowledge this talent as one of the most talented ever, as do I. Difference is I think heads need to roll throughout the staff and players if we fall short.

Excellent post.

What I believe happens are two things:

1. People mistake criticism and being critical of the team, with negativity
  2. Some fans feel the need to defend 'their team' at all times and go into attack mode when other fans are in fact critical of the team.
So what we end up with is what we have here. A perception of criticism categorized as "negataive" and then the accompanying 'fan on fan crime'.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Excellent post.

What I believe happens are two things:

1. People mistake criticism and being critical of the team, with negativity
  2. Some fans feel the need to defend 'their team' at all times and go into attack mode when other fans are in fact critical of the team.
So what we end up with is what we have here. A perception of criticism categorized as "negataive" and then the accompanying 'fan on fan crime'.
I don't think there's anyone here who has a problem with people being critical of the team from time to time. Heck, there's plenty of reasons to be disappointed. The constant negativity from a few persons is what pollutes the board. Nothing wrong with being critical. But doing it every day, every thread, every post is wrong.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think there's anyone here who has a problem with people being critical of the team from time to time. Heck, there's plenty of reasons to be disappointed. The constant negativity from a few persons is what pollutes the board. Nothing wrong with being critical. But doing it every day, every thread, every post is wrong.

Fair enough and a very good description. Where I think we get into trouble with that is mislabeling or lumping all of those criticisms into one big ball and calling it negativity. But I'm glad that we can discuss it peacefully.

visionary

Reaction score
I understand that we haven’t won a SB in many years. I have been waiting just like you guys have.

We have assembled one hell of a good team. Some would say the deepest, most talented team in the league.

We may not have the best record in the league, but we could easily have a better record. Often the team with the best record does not win the super bowl.

I am expecting the Cowboys to walk into the Patriots house and give them a beat down. You guys may not. That’s fine, but this constant negativity is really a weak point of view.

Just get in the playoffs and see what happens. The Giants have two SBs when they clearly were an inferior team. If you get in you have a shot. And we have a better shot now than we have had in a long time.

Enjoy it and stop being such pansies.

agree
Facing facts is a “really weak point of view”

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I understand that we haven’t won a SB in many years. I have been waiting just like you guys have.

We have assembled one hell of a good team. Some would say the deepest, most talented team in the league.

We may not have the best record in the league, but we could easily have a better record. Often the team with the best record does not win the super bowl.

I am expecting the Cowboys to walk into the Patriots house and give them a beat down. You guys may not. That’s fine, but this constant negativity is really a weak point of view.

Just get in the playoffs and see what happens. The Giants have two SBs when they clearly were an inferior team. If you get in you have a shot. And we have a better shot now than we have had in a long time.

Enjoy it and stop being such pansies.

POWER OF POSITIVITY!! I love it

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will never get posters bothered by someone else's negative or positive posts but really don't get calling them out for either.

When I disagree with an opinion, I don't get upset with the poster for having that opinion.

Some feel this is an underachieving and most talented team in the NFL and I don't agree but I sure as hell don't mind them feeling that way.

And just because a poster may be negative about this team and the way it's run doesn't make them a negative person. When I see that here, it really pisses me off. We don't know enough about the personal lives of our fellow posters here to be making that blanket accusation about them in their personal life. Like those "oh, you must be the life of the party". I know plenty of positive people I wouldn't want at the party because they're boring. Positively boring.

What the hell, let's stir the pot but remember all us spoons gotta go back in the same drawer later.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I will never get posters bothered by someone else's negative or positive posts but really don't get calling them out for either.

When I disagree with an opinion, I don't get upset with the poster for having that opinion.

Some feel this is an underachieving and most talented team in the NFL and I don't agree but I sure as hell don't mind them feeling that way.

And just because a poster may be negative about this team and the way it's run doesn't make them a negative person. When I see that here, it really pisses me off. We don't know enough about the personal lives of our fellow posters here to be making that blanket accusation about them in their personal life. Like those "oh, you must be the life of the party". I know plenty of positive people I wouldn't want at the party because they're boring. Positively boring.

What the hell, let's stir the pot but remember all us spoons gotta go back in the same drawer later.
giphy.gif

IceBowler

Reaction score
I don't care if anyone is negative or positive. Too many posters are irrational and intolerant of opposing opinions. It's dominated by extremist views. That's what makes it virtually impossible to discuss anything without arguing.

This is the current culture of our nation now - and it SUCKS!
... watched any TV lately?

Verdict

Reaction score
And how can you, as a fan, not be upset by this?

We have a decent offense and a crap defense.

You are what your record says you are. we are barely above average.

You're insane.

what tells you this? our complete inability to beat a team with a winning record?

you're the one whining about us living in reality.

The reality of the situation is that not everything is negative.