You guys aren't gonna BELIEVE this one...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I just found a note here at work that says somebody called for me at 2PM, and the message was "Q. Carter does need a job"...

That should tell you how profoundly sick some of the Quincy haters out there are... happily, once my boss found out what the story was, he thought it was quite funny, but whoever called my job could have caused me some professional problems...

If I ever find out which gutless jerk did it, he'll have an invitation to come get in my face personally... it might even have been funny if he'd called my house, but calling somebody's job??

That just ain't right...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Couple of things.

1) why would that message get you in trouble?

2) how do they have your work #

3) Are you the same bear that used to come to Spurs message boards and harrass people? He used that same walking bear thing.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
I just found a note here at work that says somebody called for me at 2PM, and the message was "Q. Carter does need a job"...

That should tell you how profoundly sick some of the Quincy haters out there are... happily, once my boss found out what the story was, he thought it was quite funny, but whoever called my job could have caused me some professional problems...

If I ever find out which gutless jerk did it, he'll have an invitation to come get in my face personally... it might even have been funny if he'd called my house, but calling somebody's job??

That just ain't right...

If you get fired, or even feel like you COULD have gotten fired for something like that, I'd consider alternative employment.

silverbear

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Couple of things.

1) why would that message get you in trouble?

Because of who my boss is, it won't... but of course, the troublemaker didn't KNOW that...

I have to ask, would YOUR boss take kindly to people calling to harass you at your place of employment?

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure it was nobody on this board who did it, I haven't been participating in the dialogue here to get anybody that annoyed with me... I just shared that to demonstrate how some folks on these boards get WAY too wrapped up in these arguments...

2) how do they have your work #

I never gave it out, but I have admitted to working at a luxury hotel in Winchester, Virginia... there aren't too many of them in town...

3) Are you the same bear that used to come to Spurs message boards and harrass people? He used that same walking bear thing.

Nope, don't care about pro basketball in general or the Spurs in particular... I post to a number of Cowboys boards, and every once in a great while, to the Baltimore Orioles' newsgroup...

silverbear

Reaction score
Sarge said:
If you get fired, or even feel like you COULD have gotten fired for something like that, I'd consider alternative employment.

You miss the point, Sarge... I work for a really good guy, who genuinely likes me... however, there's no way that the guy who called here could know that, in fact it is highly probable that he made the call to make trouble for me on the job...

I mean, if he could dig up my number at work, he could just as easily have dug up my home phone number... that he chose to try to harass me at work tells me that he hoped to get my boss ticked at me...

I appreciate the concern, though... LOL...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
silverbear said:
You miss the point, Sarge... I work for a really good guy, who genuinely likes me... however, there's no way that the guy who called here could know that, in fact it is highly probable that he made the call to make trouble for me on the job...

I mean, if he could dig up my number at work, he could just as easily have dug up my home phone number... that he chose to try to harass me at work tells me that he hoped to get my boss ticked at me...

I appreciate the concern, though... LOL...

I truly am missing the point to be honest. I'm just thinking one telephone call to bust your chops simply isn't that big of a deal unless there is a history of it.

A one off ball bust call wouldn't alarm me but is obviously different in your case and that's cool.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge said:
I truly am missing the point to be honest. I'm just thinking one telephone call to bust your chops simply isn't that big of a deal unless there is a history of it.

A one off ball bust call wouldn't alarm me but is obviously different in your case and that's cool.

Morning Sarge.

You know we spend entirely too much time together! ;)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MichaelWinicki said:
Morning Sarge.

You know we spend entirely too much time together! ;)

Morning Michael - scary isn't it.

;)

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
bear,

Why would a prank call get you in trouble? How would anyone know it was intened for you?

FWIW, I think if you took the call and got loud and upset with the caller regardless of its intent, then you could get in trouble.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
I can't see any boss at any job getting upset over that. Hell at my work eveyone knows I'm a huge Cowboy fan and anytime they get a chance to stick it to me they do. It's all in fun.

By the way I work with Browns fans and a few Steeler fans so hopefully i'll have the last laugh this year! :D

NOVA 22

Reaction score
Sarge said:

yeah silver, not to be rude, but i have no idea what you are talking about. that message is harmless in any context.

silverbear

Reaction score
Sarge said:

It didn't "alarm" me, pal, it just made me shake my head... and it annoyed me a little, because the clown who pulled such a boneheaded stunt was clearly TRYING to make things difficult for me at work...

Like I said, I only brought it up because I was kind of bemused that somebody could take message board arguments so seriously... that boy has some serious issues...

silverbear

Reaction score
NOVA 22 said:
yeah silver, not to be rude, but i have no idea what you are talking about. that message is harmless in any context.

As I've said, ask yourself how your boss would react if you got a call like that on your job, and he asked you about it, and you had to tell him it was some jerk from a message board, trying to hassle you...

My boss is cool, but what if he wasn't??

Had the guy called me at the house, I would have told him to take a mile hike off a half-mile pier (or something slightly more colorful), but don't go dragging my co-workers into that stupid crap... they don't need it...

I didn't think you were being rude, though, Nova... but I will say that anybody who'd do such a stupid thing is one sick puppy...

OldButDeadly

Bill's Waterboy
Reaction score
Someone please close this waste of time...and bandwidth...

BTW You are right....I DON'T believe this one....

Kev

silverbear

Reaction score
viman96 said:
bear,

Why would a prank call get you in trouble? How would anyone know it was intened for you?

Uhhhh, maybe because he asked for me by name?? Perhaps I didn't explain myself clearly, I wasn't there at the time, I was in fact home in bed... I work the graveyard shift at the hotel in question... this call either came from somebody on the SilverStar Digest board, or from the Cowboys' newsgroup, and those folks all know that I work graveyards... IOW, the caller knew he wouldn't get me, he knew that he'd be dragging one of my co-workers into this garbage...

FWIW, I think if you took the call and got loud and upset with the caller regardless of its intent, then you could get in trouble.

If he'd gotten me, I would have done what I do with all the crank callers I get-- hung up without a word...

jay cee

Reaction score
silverbear said:
As I've said, ask yourself how your boss would react if you got a call like that on your job, and he asked you about it, and you had to tell him it was some jerk from a message board, trying to hassle you...

My boss is cool, but what if he wasn't??

Had the guy called me at the house, I would have told him to take a mile hike off a half-mile pier (or something slightly more colorful), but don't go dragging my co-workers into that stupid crap... they don't need it...

I didn't think you were being rude, though, Nova... but I will say that anybody who'd do such a stupid thing is one sick puppy...

I for one totally agree with you bear. Only an idiot would have called someone's job with that crap.

silverbear

Reaction score
ConcordCowboy said:
I can't see any boss at any job getting upset over that.

Perhaps you don't work at a luxury hotel... but where I work, we are expected to leave our personal lives at home, and pretend that we're professionals... I don't talk football with anybody there, except for the odd times I run across the head housekeeper's husband in the morning (he's also a devoted Cowboys fan, and I fill him in on little tidbits I pick up in forums like this)...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
silverbear said:

That just ain't right...

how would soembody get your work number? is it in your profile online or something?

and how would a message get you ino trouble?

sorry but this thread looks like a waste to me, maybe someone will close it or even better, just delete it...I think your taking this Q thing entirely too difficult

David

silverbear

Reaction score
jay cee said:
I for one totally agree with you bear. Only an idiot would have called someone's job with that crap.

I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thought that was over the top... I'd like to ask the various respondents to this thread if THEY'VE ever done anything so juvenile, and if not, why not??