You guys aren't gonna BELIEVE this one...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thought that was over the top... I'd like to ask the various respondents to this thread if THEY'VE ever done anything so juvenile, and if not, why not??

you mean juvenile like making up this bogus story for whatever reason?

David

BlueWave

Reaction score
Hey SilverBear, remember me, BlueTrain from the Ranch. Anyway, sounds like it's a tough time for the poster formerly known as "QuincyBear". :D

Time to move on old pal. Hopefully you will support Testaverde and Henson with the same energy and passion of which you supported Carter.

Anyway, I won't miss Carter, or Hutchinson for that matter. It's time we all move on.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Perhaps you don't work at a luxury hotel... but where I work, we are expected to leave our personal lives at home, and pretend that we're professionals... I don't talk football with anybody there, except for the odd times I run across the head housekeeper's husband in the morning (he's also a devoted Cowboys fan, and I fill him in on little tidbits I pick up in forums like this)...

No I work at a Luxury Hospital where we deal every day with life and death, not somebody checking in and out of a room, and we can ( Boss included ) still have fun and joke around.

This sounds like you have a problem with somebody, maybe you need to take it up with them.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I just found a note here at work that says somebody called for me at 2PM, and the message was "Q. Carter does need a job"..
You are blaming the Q haters, I am having a harder time with the Eagles fans around here. I've gotten e-mails, voicemails, phone calls, instant messages, all from taunting fans. Geez.

NOVA 22

Reaction score
silverbear said:
As I've said, ask yourself how your boss would react if you got a call like that on your job, and he asked you about it, and you had to tell him it was some jerk from a message board, trying to hassle you...

My boss is cool, but what if he wasn't??

Had the guy called me at the house, I would have told him to take a mile hike off a half-mile pier (or something slightly more colorful), but don't go dragging my co-workers into that stupid crap... they don't need it...

I didn't think you were being rude, though, Nova... but I will say that anybody who'd do such a stupid thing is one sick puppy...

You never mentioned you thought it was someone from this board, that's a different story. i'd be shocked if that were true (i'd bet its a friend) but if it is i see your point.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
You are blaming the Q haters, I am having a harder time with the Eagles fans around here. I've gotten e-mails, voicemails, phone calls, instant messages, all from taunting fans. Geez.
I'm getting them from Pat fans. :D

BlueWave

Reaction score
I have gotten calls being congratulated by Dolphins, Saints, and Buccaneers fans that I know. I guess that says it all.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
NOVA 22 said:
You never mentioned you thought it was someone from this board, that's a different story. i'd be shocked if that were true (i'd bet its a friend) but if it is i see your point.

I'd blame the Commanders fans. They were in level-5 Gloat Mode yesterday.

You do live in Winchester, afterall SB.

crazylegs

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I was beginning to think that I was the only one who thought that was over the top... I'd like to ask the various respondents to this thread if THEY'VE ever done anything so juvenile, and if not, why not??

That post was made at , 08:57 AM so maybe your boss would/should be more concerned at why you're on the internet at work?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
you mean juvenile like making up this bogus story for whatever reason?

David

And exactly what reason would I have for making up this story, David?? What do I gain??

You KNOW that I have annoyed Quincy haters for a long time now... you know me from other boards... and if you're capable of being honest, you know that I don't lie...

But hey, believe whatever you want, it makes no difference to me...

silverbear

Reaction score
BlueWave said:
Hey SilverBear, remember me, BlueTrain from the Ranch. Anyway, sounds like it's a tough time for the poster formerly known as "QuincyBear". :D

It surely is, but I reckon I'll survive...

Time to move on old pal. Hopefully you will support Testaverde and Henson with the same energy and passion of which you supported Carter.

Of course I will... though I sincerely doubt that either of them will engender the kind of irrational hatred that Quincy did, so there probably won't be a NEED for me to defend them that way...

I have ALWAYS supported whoever the Cowboys' starting quarterback was... that includes Troy in his last coupla years, when he clearly wasn't the quarterback he once was... I took a lot of heat for that, too...

Bottom line, I want the Cowboys to WIN, and that means I want whoever's quarterbacking them to play well...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although it is interesting....and idiotic (IMO) that someone would stoop so low as to actually call someone they know on a message board (yet never have spoken to in real life before) to get in a na na na na boo boo type of message for him at work......However....do you think maybe this thread should be closed as it appears that the whole thing is a tad silly IMO.

BlueWave

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Of course I will... though I sincerely doubt that either of them will engender the kind of irrational hatred that Quincy did, so there probably won't be a NEED for me to defend them that way...

I have ALWAYS supported whoever the Cowboys' starting quarterback was... that includes Troy in his last coupla years, when he clearly wasn't the quarterback he once was... I took a lot of heat for that, too...

Bottom line, I want the Cowboys to WIN, and that means I want whoever's quarterbacking them to play well...

I can certainly respect that.

silverbear

Reaction score
NOVA 22 said:

Actually, I DON'T think it was somebody from this board, I'm simply not that well-known in here yet... I haven't stepped on nearly enough toes...

Nope, I have been on the SilverStar Digest for a coupla years now, and I'm closing in on 9000 posts over there... I've also been hanging out in the Cowboys' newsgroup for over six years, and I'm over 30,000 posts over there... I'd bet the family ranch that it's somebody from one of those two boards...

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that somebody in here was the culprit... I only started this thread to give y'all a look at how some of these guys are really sick puppies... frankly, I'm kind of surprised at the attitudes of some of the folks in here, but hey, live and learn...

silverbear

Reaction score
Danny White said:
I'd blame the Commanders fans. They were in level-5 Gloat Mode yesterday.

You do live in Winchester, afterall SB.

Actually, I only work in Winchester... I live about 45 minutes south of there...

Your theory makes some sense, only I'm not really friends with any Skins fans, I rarely talk football with any Skins fans, and I certainly haven't argued Quincy with any Skins fans...

silverbear

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
That post was made at , 08:57 AM so maybe your boss would/should be more concerned at why you're on the internet at work?

1) I work the graveyard shift, son... at 8:57 AM, I'm at home...

2) The boss knows I spend some hours on the internet, passing dead time, when I'm at work... he has no problem with it, so long as the work is done, and the guests are not neglected... it ain't my fault if I can kick out what would be three hours of paperwork for anybody else in 45 minutes...

I'm deeply touched by your obviously sincere concern, though...

Skeptic

Reaction score
Uh-oh.

Everybody look out.

Silverbear is going to kick everyone's *****.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
SB, while you haven't share the full details of the message you received, from what you have shared: "Q Carter needs a job" or something to that effect, it may not have been someone "rubbing it in", but rather someone wanting to inform you that something was up without making it appear to be personal business.

I guess it all depends on the full content of the message.

silverbear

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Although it is interesting....and idiotic (IMO) that someone would stoop so low as to actually call someone they know on a message board (yet never have spoken to in real life before) to get in a na na na na boo boo type of message for him at work......However....do you think maybe this thread should be closed as it appears that the whole thing is a tad silly IMO.

I'll defer to your judgement on this one... I'll just note that I posted this same thing in the other boards I haunt, and none of them has produced the kind of weird responses I've seen in this one...

Maybe those folks just know me better, or maybe these guys just thought I was accusing them... I don't know, and frankly, I don't much care... I just thought that some folks would shake their heads at how weird some folks can get over an online argument, and I thought that some others would find it howlingly funny...

For that matter, you can just delete the whole thread, if you wish... I won't be offended at all...