You guys love Dez, I love Tate more

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Tate to me sems lke a Larry Fitzgerald type of WR. Give me Tate and we can draft whoever else, actually I would sleep real good tonight or this weekend if we draft Tate and Mccluster.

Section446

Reaction score
Q_the_man;3360890 said:
Tate to me sems lke a Larry Fitzgerald type of WR. Give me Tate and we cn draft whoever else, actually I would sleep real good tonight or this weekend if we draft Tae and Mccluster.
I have no clue how one can compare Tate to Fitzgerald. They are not even remotely the same WR; please elaborate.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I'd be happy with either. We need another WR and both would be great.

Gordon

Reaction score
Section444;3360893 said:
I have no clue how one can compare Tate to Fitzgerald. They are not even remotely the same WR; please elaborate.

He may be alluding to Tate's hands. I watched him throughout his ND career and he consistently made very tough catches. His hands are very strong and he routinely ripped balls out of defenders hands, plucked it down in a crowd, etc.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Section444;3360893 said:

He was a Quincy Carter fan...thus Q_the_man.

;)

Section446

Reaction score
Gordon;3360913 said:
He may be alluding to Tate's hands. I watched him throughout his ND career and he consistently made very tough catches. His hands are very strong and he routinely ripped balls out of defenders hands, plucked it down in a crowd, etc.
Oh I think he has some of the best hands in the draft, but their styles of play couldn't be more different. Tate is more Steve Smith (Carolina) than he is Fitzgerald IMO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we go after Dez than it is to replace Roy Williams next year.

What I want to know is if the Cowboys would pull the trigger on Demaryius Thomas.

If you like Dez in round 1 than surely you like this kid too. Especially since you have proven you can develop receivers with good measurables like it is nothing.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Q_the_man;3360890 said:
Tate to me sems lke a Larry Fitzgerald type of WR. Give me Tate and we can draft whoever else, actually I would sleep real good tonight or this weekend if we draft Tate and Mccluster.

ROFL.

btw, Gosslin ranks him at the 41st best player in the draft. I believe Dez was the 10th. I bet your pissed off huh? :laugh2:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Section444;3360921 said:
Oh I think he has some of the best hands in the draft, but their styles of play couldn't be more different.

Tate is basically Mini-Miles. You can't go wrong with Miles Austin Jr.

7footer

Reaction score
Section444;3360893 said:

LOL...yeah, ironically Dez Bryant is actually the WR compared by most to Larry Fitzgerald. Golden Tate is a completely different type...not sure how that comparison was made.

Section446

Reaction score
CATCH17;3360926 said:
If we go after Dez than it is to replace Roy Williams next year.

What I want to know is if the Cowboys would pull the trigger on Demaryius Thomas.

If you like Dez in round 1 than surely you like this kid too. Especially since you have proven you can develop receivers with good measurables like it is nothing.
I don't see why not. I don't know if Thomas is quite the pedigree that Bryant is, but he's close and comes with less character questions.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
5Stars;3360915 said:
He was a Quincy Carter fan...thus Q_the_man.

;)

that's a stigma I cannot not get rid of, I did like Quincy, but I got my nickname Q about 13 years ago from messing around with that grill, Ribs fall off the bone.

But Tate to me has reliable hands, fights for the ball, decent speed, pro stlye offense in college, nice size, good route runner and could be had without trading up.....

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I sometimes find that posting a youtube video of a said player often helps the readers of the thread better get your point. I'm no draft guru and I won't act like one. So perhaps a little better insight would help your thread's cause?

reddyuta

Reaction score
Dez is the kind of Wr we like,i am not sure if we are really interested in Tate at all to be honest.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
7footer;3360929 said:
LOL...yeah, ironically Dez Bryant is actually the WR compared by most to Larry Fitzgerald. Golden Tate is a completely different type...not sure how that comparison was made.

Dez can't get up and get the ball at its highest point like Larry can.

Luckily for Dez Romo doesn't throw the ball up for his receivers to make a play very often.

I think the receiver nobody is talking about that would fit perfectly here is Damian Williams from USC.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Q_the_man;3360933 said:
that's a stigma I cannot not get rid of, I did like Quincy, but I got my nickname Q about 13 years ago from messing around with that grill, Ribs fall off the bone.

But Tate to me has reliable hands, fights for the ball, decent speed, pro stlye offense in college, nice size, good route runner and could be had without trading up.....

Just messing wit ya...

Carry on.

;)

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Its not a terrible comparision. Fitz and Tate go up and grab jump balls in traffic better than most. Except Tate runs ugly routes and Fitz is flawless

At least its different than Welker=Shipley

Section446

Reaction score
CATCH17;3360937 said:
Dez can't get up and get the ball at its highest point like Larry can.

Luckily for Dez Romo doesn't throw the ball up for his receivers to make a play very often.

I think the receiver nobody is talking about that would fit perfectly here is Damian Williams from USC.
I respectfully disagree.

Section446

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3360939 said:
Its not a terrible comparision. Fitz and Tate go up and grab jump balls in traffic better than most. Except Tate runs ugly routes and Fitz is flawless

At least its different than Welker=Shipley
That is one that makes me sick.