You guys love Dez, I love Tate more

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nyc;3361141 said:
I believe that isn't correct. The whole reason Phillips even got on the field was because he could in fact block. I think the reason Bennett was losing playing time was the fact that he wasn't prepared when he got on the field. (lining up wrong, running the wrong routes, etc)

Phillips blocks better than Bennett in the H-Back role.

But when they are lined up on the Line of Scrimmage Bennett is far and away a better blocker than Phillips.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Q_the_man;3360933 said:
that's a stigma I cannot not get rid of, I did like Quincy, but I got my nickname Q about 13 years ago from messing around with that grill, Ribs fall off the bone.

But Tate to me has reliable hands, fights for the ball, decent speed, pro stlye offense in college, nice size, good route runner and could be had without trading up.....
Here's a scouting report I read on him from bigblueinteractive.com

GOLDEN TATE Notre Dame 5-10½ 201 4.48 2
Third-year junior whose father, Golden, was the Colts' fifth-round draft choice in '84 but never made it. "He's got a lot of athletic ability, speed, explosion," said Polian. "There's not a lot not to like. He's not a polished route runner, but there's a lot of crude route runners in this league, too." Caught 157 passes for 2,707 yards (17.2) and 26 TDs. Also rushed 31 times as a wildcat. "He's just a running back trying to play wide receiver," one scout said. "He ran fast but in the position drills he looked stiff." Smart (29 on the Wonderlic), personable and dangerous after the catch. "He does not have natural hands," another scout said. "A lot of body catches. His game is really the vertical jump. He's not athletic enough to play in the slot, but he can give you the vertical push as a clear-out guy."

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
CATCH17;3361093 said:
I've probably seen way more Dez than you and it took the guy forever to make a play in a big game.

The guy isn't much of a leaper. He is a spitting image of Terrell Owens on the field.
Wrong

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Q_the_man;3360890 said:
Tate to me sems lke a Larry Fitzgerald type of WR. Give me Tate and we can draft whoever else, actually I would sleep real good tonight or this weekend if we draft Tate and Mccluster.

I like Golden Tate alot too. But Im so estatic about Dez Bryant, Im satisfied. But if Cowboys magically out of no where get Tate I would be (~~~~~), it's unexplainable. I would love McCluster also. PLAYMAKERS. but to be honest, I want Tate over a safty but to be reasonable Cowboys will opt to get a safety or offensive line man. Realistically, I would love for Cowboys to trade up and get Taylor Mays.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Q_the_man;3360890 said:
Tate to me sems lke a Larry Fitzgerald type of WR. Give me Tate and we can draft whoever else, actually I would sleep real good tonight or this weekend if we draft Tate and Mccluster.

:lmao:

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;3364839 said:
I like Golden Tate alot too. But Im so estatic about Dez Bryant, Im satisfied. But if Cowboys magically out of no where get Tate I would be (~~~~~), it's unexplainable. I would love McCluster also. PLAYMAKERS. but to be honest, I want Tate over a safty but to be reasonable Cowboys will opt to get a safety or offensive line man. Realistically, I would love for Cowboys to trade up and get Taylor Mays.

If we get another WR ill go ***haewghewaiongeawiugne3gun3q24guerns08wq34nt084eawhnt834wqhn08q324ng0439nry80gn34wg984ngiorepgn0q34iuyn4ut0nergiung30q4ungegnerg9ner

Second:

Mays sucks.
might as well trade for him
roy-williams_zumasportsworld129138-20080915-zaf-c04.jpg

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3365132 said:
If we get another WR ill go ***haewghewaiongeawiugne3gun3q24guerns08wq34nt084eawhnt834wqhn08q324ng0439nry80gn34wg984ngiorepgn0q34iuyn4ut0nergiung30q4ungegnerg9ner

Second:

Mays sucks.
might as well trade for him
roy-williams_zumasportsworld129138-20080915-zaf-c04.jpg

This is a completely new and unheard of comparison, please tell me more and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Gaede

Reaction score
Haha, now that we got Bryant, he's my favourite.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Q_the_man;3360890 said:

You're right on. Tate is a stud, and you know he'll be in the league a long time.