You have to pick one Cowboy and no other

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Seen a few of these types of threads while we wait for the draft and new season.

So here is my simple question - Who is your favorite Dallas Cowboy of all-time?

No diplomatic lists, no I used to pick this person and now I go with this player.

Point blank, who is your single favorite player, the legend of legends that you saw play?

——————————————

For me, Troy Aikman.

Never met a Super Bowl he couldn’t win. Leader on and off the field. No nonsense.
Roger the Dodger, and its not even close...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Those are some great pics.

The one with Emmitt retiring and holding his helmet one last time and Roger the Dodger’s skills in full profile. Imagine if he could have played in today’s league.

75boyz

Reaction score
My story begins and ends with Roger.
The reason I watch football.
Nobody has even come close to that Cowboy.

ALL are distant seconds imo.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Roger Staubach out front with 18 votes and the runaway lead!
giphy.gif

2nd place - 4 votes
tom-landry-2010-brjpg.webp

3rd place - 3 votes, Tie
Tony Dorsett and Playmaker Michael Irvin
dataimagepngbase64iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAArQAAAHJ-bbb09c8e610d063367b50c7c2d82e43b.jpg

3rd place - 2 votes, Tie
Randy Manster White
Darren Woodson
Emmitt Smith
Troy Aikman
GettyImages-1359135528.jpg

4th place - 1 vote each
Jason Witten
Tony Romo
Larry Allen
Deion Primetime Sanders
Ed Too Tall Jones
Lance Alworth
Erik Williams
Everson Walls
Hollywood Henderson
Charles Haley

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
Michael Irvin - hands down

-Not only was Irvin an extraordinary playmaker, .. but he also an extraordinary leader.

-Darryl Johnson said in a America's Game doc, that when the team went into an lull or emotional slump, Irvin was always the one
to pull the team together - and teammates just fed off his energy and emotional inspirations.

-Woodson also in the same documentary said Irvin set the tone for practice sessions, such that even after practice, he'd strain himself, to the point of throwing up, constantly pushing himself to perfection.

-You just cannot build or rent that kind of "unique " inspirational leadership from any common player or position.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seen a few of these types of threads while we wait for the draft and new season.

No diplomatic lists, no I used to pick this person and now I go with this player.

Point blank, who is your single favorite player, the legend of legends that you saw play?

——————————————

For me, Troy Aikman.

Never met a Super Bowl he couldn’t win. Leader on and off the field. No nonsense.
Tough question, because there are so many.
Roger
Emmitt
Bob Lilly
Randy White
Larry Allen
Really hard to choose from just that group of HOFs.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Staubach will always hold that mantle for me BUT if I had to pick anybody else.....

MICHAH PARSONS - yes I have already cast him as a once in a generation talent on the level of a Bob Lilly or Bob Hayes. Just watch.

nobody

Reaction score
Maybe it's time to call it. take the top 5 and turn it into a voting poll. Not that anyone would come remotely close to beating Staubach but the numbers might be interesting if the lower vote guys were eliminated from contention.

Cowboys=SuperBowl

Reaction score

——————————————

The Playmaker! He got me soooo hyped on Sundays!!! He gave his all. Loved his team.