You Have To Sell At The Trade Deadline

McMicah

Reaction score
Lions lost Hutchinson, give them DLaw. Someone needs a guard, give up Martin.

Martin, Hooker, Cooks, ANYONE you think will decline or age out in the next 3-5 years you should be trying to offload

If Jerry has the hubris to think this team is close to being a contender, than he’s not just a bad owner, he’s completely lost all grasp of logic

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Martin, Hooker, Cooks, ANYONE you think will decline or age out in the next 3-5 years you should be trying to offload

If Jerry has the hubris to think this team is close to being a contender, than he’s not just a bad owner, he’s completely lost all grasp of logic
This isn’t baseball
Nobody gives up anything for old vets

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Jerry has never been a seller his entire tenure. Walker was the one exception, and Jimmy engineered that.

Jerry will go down with the ship thinking his guys are great and are destined for a day in the sun. You can't be a GM and also be a diehard fan of the team you've built. It's an oxymoron for 31 other organizations.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Lions don’t seem to be hurting from what I can see. I wouldn’t trade for none of these guys on this team.

Jerry think this team is good enough. No one else does.

Only guy I’d trade is Micah because he’s cheaper but it would have to be to a bad team with a top 5 pick.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This isn’t baseball
Thank you.

These Madden dorks think they'll trade Lance for a 1 and Cooks for a 3.

Reality check: teams would give up picks for Parsons, Lamb, to a lesser extent Guyton and Overshown.... i.e all the players you DON'T want to get rid of,... and that's it.

If YOU, a Dallas fan, don't want the player....I assure you other GMs don't either.

Other GMs aren't stupid, senile, and soaked with urine like ours is.

HungryLion

Reaction score

D law is hurt.

Martin isn’t very good right now.

Nobody wants Hooker or Cooks.

Only person with any value that’s trade able would be Micah if you wanted to go that route.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Not just at the deadline, start it now. I would almost argue trying to deal Parsons to the Lions. We probably can get at least 2 firsts.

tcc0808

Reaction score
How many 1st round pi KS are you willing to give up to some team to take this choke artist off our hands? If the answer isn't at least 2, get used to Dak for next 5 years
Yeah. No one is taking him, who would??? Al Davis (RIP), isn’t around and Danny Snyder is gone. We are stuck with a mediocre QB, who is the highest paid player. Just how the cookie crumbles.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no reason to give players away. But it wouldn't hurt to let other teams know we are interested in moving players and see what interest it generates. If there is a fair and reasonable offer then make the deal and accumulate the draft picks.

Unless someone asks about Dak. Accept any deal. Even if it's just a 3rd or 4th. Get rid of him and that idiotic contract ASAP.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This isn’t baseball
Chiefs just trade a 5th for a 32 yr old WR...that could be a 4......Jets traded for a 32 yr old WR too.....giving up a 3rd. Would have to see D-Law go......but for a 3rd.....I would do it....see him a get a chance for a ring. Diggs....Parsons.....I would trade for the right price.