You Have To Sell At The Trade Deadline

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Chiefs just trade a 5th for a 32 yr old WR...that could be a 4......Jets traded for a 32 yr old WR too.....giving up a 3rd. Would have to see D-Law go......but for a 3rd.....I would do it....see him a get a chance for a ring. Diggs....Parsons.....I would trade for the right price.

Diggs? No one wants a DB that can’t tackle and getting no INT. Heck the DB we let go and plays for the Vikes is outplaying him.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Nothing changes until Jerry quits pretending this team can compete at a high level. We're not close and we haven't been. We're not a few players away. We're stuck in mediocrityville. We need a lot of new faces. We need better players.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Micah is the only one with real trade value while not in an insane contract. But, the teams that might want him will be a low round draft pick. Does anyone really want to lose him for a twenty something draft pick? It is a real pickle with him.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Diggs? No one wants a DB that can’t tackle and getting no INT. Heck the DB we let go and plays for the Vikes is outplaying him.
He's just like his brother....He needs a change of scenery.....Think he can still play....he's just making business decisions in a lost season here.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Lions lost Hutchinson, give them DLaw. Someone needs a guard, give up Martin.

Martin, Hooker, Cooks, ANYONE you think will decline or age out in the next 3-5 years you should be trying to offload

If Jerry has the hubris to think this team is close to being a contender, than he’s not just a bad owner, he’s completely lost all grasp of logic
No need. According to your expertise there are no weak spots in the roster.

Syron

Reaction score
Not just at the deadline, start it now. I would almost argue trying to deal Parsons to the Lions. We probably can get at least 2 firsts.
He won’t. Brian brought this up on the podcast. Parsons is gonna become the highest paid defensive player in the league. Teams have to front that bill. So they aren’t sending 2 firsts and paying 75-80m in guaranteed money. Maybe a first and mid rounder. But 2 ones isn’t likely.

mmohican29

Reaction score
CeeDee is the only untouchable imho.

The rest of this club's tradeable assets I'd listen to offers for.

Beginning with both Micah Parsons & Trevon Diggs.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He won’t. Brian brought this up on the podcast. Parsons is gonna become the highest paid defensive player in the league. Teams have to front that bill. So they aren’t sending 2 firsts and paying 75-80m in guaranteed money. Maybe a first and mid rounder. But 2 ones isn’t likely.
I would trade for him to win a SB this year, then trade him at the end of the season, if you do not want to or can't afford to pay him.

If Detroit gave up 2 first in a trade now, you don't think they could get at least a 1st back at the end of the season??? Of course they would.

Syron

Reaction score
I would trade for him to win a SB this year, then trade him at the end of the season, if you do not want to or can't afford to pay him.

If Detroit gave up 2 first in a trade now, you don't think they could get at least a 1st back at the end of the season??? Of course they would.
Theres a player right now as a case study to show what happens when you trade for a player expecting a payday, and then don’t pay them. Parsons has more value now granted because he has this season remaining, but even less next year until he is paid.

If you think parsons is good enough to take the lions to the superbowl then we should build a team around him. And move on from the underperforming contracts we have on this team.

That’s the basic argument Brian was making.

I personally agree. We won’t find a better player than Parsons with the 32nd overall pick.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Why would the Lions want Toy Tank, a dude who talks about how tired we are after a playoff loss? Do they need someone who does "little things"? Give them Parsons and they get their ring.

triplets_93

Reaction score
If Jerry has the hubris to think this team is close to being a contender, than he’s not just a bad owner, he’s completely lost all grasp of logic
James_Franco_First_Time.jpg

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Lions lost Hutchinson, give them DLaw. Someone needs a guard, give up Martin.

Martin, Hooker, Cooks, ANYONE you think will decline or age out in the next 3-5 years you should be trying to offload

DLaw and Martin have huge cap hits and voiding contracts.

No one is gonna trade for them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Exactly, so I could see them giving 2. Or they might be able to find the cap space to extend him and pair him with Hutchinson next year.