You Have To Sell At The Trade Deadline

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you are going to trade Micah Parsons you need to trade him now. Detroit and Baltimore are bonafide Super Bowl contenders that are missing Parsons juice of the edge. Get them in a bidding war and you could get quarterback type draft capital for him. Parsons would be the missing piece for both teams.
lack of juice off the edge, but hey maybe on another team, he'll be that dominant player we see him as

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lions don’t seem to be hurting from what I can see. I wouldn’t trade for none of these guys on this team.

Jerry think this team is good enough. No one else does.

Only guy I’d trade is Micah because he’s cheaper but it would have to be to a bad team with a top 5 pick.
If they are going all in, it wouldn't be a bad idea adding Lawrence if the price is right. At best we could probably get a 5th

KB1122

Reaction score
If anyone offers for Dak, you should take the trade. ANy price. Seventh round pick two years from now. Take it. The contract is the thing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lions lost Hutchinson, give them DLaw. Someone needs a guard, give up Martin.

Martin, Hooker, Cooks, ANYONE you think will decline or age out in the next 3-5 years you should be trying to offload

If Jerry has the hubris to think this team is close to being a contender, than he’s not just a bad owner, he’s completely lost all grasp of logic
We know what Jerry sales look like. It is more like a give away.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
lack of juice off the edge, but hey maybe on another team, he'll be that dominant player we see him as
Parsons on the Ravens or Detroit would be great for him. Both have defensive tackles that would protect Micah and with their explosive offenses all he would have to do is rush the passer. It would be a nightmare for the league but it would help us start are rebuild the right way. The more I think about the more I think we need to do it today.

fivetwos

Reaction score
They aren’t trading Parsons. Same odds of Jerry selling the team. He could literally beg to be dealt and they wouldn’t do it. I’m not so sure they ought to anyway, and it wouldn’t provide some miracle fix regardless.

Demarcus Lawrence is injured and probably won’t see the field until around Thanksgiving. There’s a reasonable chance he isn’t effective if and when he does return. He makes a lot of money, and he is a player that Jerry thinks is a friend.

He is not being traded either, but if he were, his value isn’t much. Maybe one of those swapping a 7th for a 6th type thing. He isn’t a sack guy, even if Jerry tried to make him one by giving him 100 million.

Bottom line….they had their open window between 2021-23, but they don’t see things that way. They didn’t get it. Too worried about saving pennies to sign their marketable stars years down the road and refused to add a few pieces to maybe get over the hump when it was there for the taking.

That’s why I have little hope. Even when their longshot plan actually works, they can’t finish the deal. Being untalented in the FO is just as bad as not having talent on the field.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They aren’t trading Parsons. Same odds of Jerry selling the team. He could literally beg to be dealt and they wouldn’t do it. I’m not so sure they ought to anyway, and it wouldn’t provide some miracle fix regardless.

Demarcus Lawrence is injured and probably won’t see the field until around Thanksgiving. There’s a reasonable chance he isn’t effective if and when he does return. He makes a lot of money, and he is a player that Jerry thinks is a friend.

He is not being traded either, but if he were, his value isn’t much. Maybe one of those swapping a 7th for a 6th type thing. He isn’t a sack guy, even if Jerry tried to make him one by giving him 100 million.

Bottom line….they had their open window between 2021-23, but they don’t see things that way. They didn’t get it. Too worried about saving pennies to sign their marketable stars years down the road and refused to add a few pieces to maybe get over the hump when it was there for the taking.

That’s why I have little hope. Even when their longshot plan actually works, they can’t finish the deal. Being untalented in the FO is just as bad as not having talent on the field.
It is actually significantly worse.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It is actually significantly worse.
Oh you mean the last part? Yeah probably. I’d add an lol for effect but ain’t nothing funny about it.

When you hear things like ‘I like our roster and it’s championship caliber,’ ooof, man the delusion is absurd. I don’t believe it’s all about selling. This is what they believe.

Jerry deserves every bit of what’s coming for him. Let’s see who this next coach is. That’ll tell us plenty. I don’t know that an up and comer would choose career suicide, so it’ll be another that no one else would hire. I’ll put five bucks down on Rex Ryan.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Oh you mean the last part? Yeah probably. I’d add an lol for effect but ain’t nothing funny about it.

When you hear things like ‘I like our roster and it’s championship caliber,’ ooof, man the delusion is absurd. I don’t believe it’s all about selling. This is what they believe.

Jerry deserves every bit of what’s coming for him. Let’s see who this next coach is. That’ll tell us plenty. I don’t know that an up and comer would choose career suicide, so it’ll be another that no one else would hire. I’ll put five bucks down on Rex Ryan.
That would be a disaster.

duane33

Reaction score
Jerry still has to sell tickets and jerseys.
His ego is unbelievable.
He’s still making $ and that’s all he cares about.
Only chance getting to SB is when he is gone. Hopefully get a top 3 pick in next years draft.
Sell and stockpile picks ad tank.
team is horrible!

fivetwos

Reaction score
That would be a disaster.
Probably. The right thing to do is tear it down and hire a younger guy with a plan, but that’s not going to happen. Not until rock bottom happens and probably not even then. It sucks but the walking ego that owns the team has his own ideas that don’t include hiring another Jimmy Johnson that could potentially take all of the precious “credit.”

It may very well be Zimmer. Don’t rule that one out. Remember the first (and basically only) qualification to be the HC in Dallas.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they could dump Zack, DLaw and steele's contracts for some late rd picks it will help the next coach.

bottleKids

Reaction score
We need to see if MP can be extended now .... or be 100% he is on this team next year. If not he has to go before deadline for as many picks as we can fleece someone for.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lions lost Hutchinson, give them DLaw. Someone needs a guard, give up Martin.

Martin, Hooker, Cooks, ANYONE you think will decline or age out in the next 3-5 years you should be trying to offload

If Jerry has the hubris to think this team is close to being a contender, than he’s not just a bad owner, he’s completely lost all grasp of logic
Jerry is a terrible GM. Can you name one player that Jerry traded away for higher than a 4th?