You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LVE is going to have 300 pounders PLUS comin after him. He better be a stud or he's going to get a wake up call.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Would be a terrible pick bar a trade down into the end 20s

Guy is softer than a tissue. We already have enough LBs with health issues.

Is late 20's in the first round your sweet spot for picking up guys "softer than a tissue"? ;)

Rayman70

Reaction score
He is big an athletic, but I watched him play and doesn't seem like much of a hitter for a 250lb guy. Also considered a 1 year wonder. Hate to use the word, but hard to avoid the Barby Carpenter comparisons....
Roquan Smith is small and he packs more of a punch than LVE..its not close.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Just going by simple logic and doing what Dallas has done the last five drafts.

1. You take the best player available but with the knowledge that if the BPA then has good options later in the draft (deep at the position) then you either take the next BPA at a position of need that is not deep.

2. You evaluate the players on what that player brings to you this year and the next four years.

3. You pick a player that is going to play in 2018 and contribute. Players that need time, need to learn behind someone, are a prospect with upside, etc. are Day 2 and 3 picks not first round picks.

4. You try to evaluate the boom/bust type guys and hopefully stay away from them.

In this draft, WR position is deep, very deep. LB isn't deep but there is talent after the 1st round that could be good players even pro bowl type guys such as Hitchens. DL after the 1st round is dicey at best with possibly the best after round 1 being small school guys who normally need time before being effective. DB is another that is deep at the CB position but very lite at the S position and for me James is truly the best of the bunch and only one worth a top 64 pick.

So unless Dallas trades up for James (highly doubtful unless he falls to 12 or lower) then the best just might be DL at 19. Will Vea be there? Will Vander Esch be there at LB? None of us know but I do believe it is 60-40 that Dallas trades down from 19 into the early 20s.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Reaching for a second round player because they fit a need.

Sounds wonderful.

I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather they draft somebody else, sign Navarro Bowman and draft a LB in a later round.

But we shall see....

Rayman70

Reaction score
Roquan mind you..is almost too small..but I would take him any day over LVE. LVE just doesn't hit hard enough for his size. He's a finesse guy. Its who he is.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Geez you guys....LOL Some of this stuff is just WOW! He looks like Barbie, " even though he is bigger" He's white,....LOL He was PURPOSELY left unblocked. C,mon. I wonder,... Did the Boise defensive coaches ever have any games where they left the other teams best receiver unguarded too all game? :D And how do ANY of them still have a job? Inquiring minds want to know.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Geez you guys....LOL Some of this stuff is just WOW! He looks like Barbie, " even though he is bigger" He's white,....LOL He was PURPOSELY left unblocked. C,mon. I wonder,... Did the Boise defensive coaches ever have any games where they left the other teams best receiver unguarded too? :D And how do ANY of them still have a job? Inquiring minds want to know.
I summon @Floatyworm to pour gasoline on this already ignited thread.

Rayman70

Reaction score
NO..he made the plays to be had against Oregon,its to his credit. My point is,the level of comp. was terrible. Hard to gauge him when he plays in the Mountain West..or Big Sky Conf...or whatever. Its a fact..its just hard.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Geez you guys....LOL Some of this stuff is just WOW! He looks like Barbie, " even though he is bigger" He's white,....LOL He was PURPOSELY left unblocked. C,mon. I wonder,... Did the Boise defensive coaches ever have any games where they left the other teams best receiver unguarded too? :D And how do ANY of them still have a job? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don’t think he’s a bad player. But he is NOT a first round pick. IMO. He is a classic late riser who should be a second round pick but some team reaches on in the first due to their measurable and physical ability.

He is not worth the 19 pick in the draft. There are better players than him that will be available. So if the cowboys draft him. It would be strictly a need pick.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Is he Matt Johnson ,Bobby Carpenter..or is he Brian Urlacher 2.0?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a bad player. But he is NOT a first round pick. IMO. He is a classic late riser who should be a second round pick but some team reaches on in the first due to their measurable and physical ability.

He is not worth the 19 pick in the draft. There are better players than him that will be available. So if the cowboys draft him. It would be strictly a need pick.
yes..THAT^^^

dallasdave

Reaction score
Hernandez,Moore or Vea at 19. IMO...They will have reservations at the last minute and not take Sutton or LVE. I prefer Henandez,Vea or Evans at 19.
I would like Dallas to move down and still get Henandez then move back up to the bottom of 1st and get Sutton or Moore. 2 first round picks and then you have 5 year deals. Dallas gets WR and OL and gets the offense back to where it was 2 years ago when Dallas was 13 and 3 :yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.