You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayseed

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a bad player. But he is NOT a first round pick. IMO. He is a classic late riser who should be a second round pick but some team reaches on in the first due to their measurable and physical ability.

He is not worth the 19 pick in the draft. There are better players than him that will be available. So if the cowboys draft him. It would be strictly a need pick.
One of the most dependable sources on the WWW says he is. Someone who actually knows what they are talking about. A CURRENT pro scout, not a has been, or a never was, or just some random poster. In fact he has him as a solid 1st round pick that should go right about at 19. I tend to judge people by what they actually KNOW and quite frankly to be honest just about all of the people who actually KNOW, say that he is a solid pick at that spot.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Just saying. When you stack up the people who are Pro LVE in the 19 area of the draft and compare it to the list of people who do not believe he is worthy at that slot it is pretty astonishing. NOT talking about random internet posters like us here either. Do your research people. You too will come to the same conclusion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This omg. The guy plays small as hell. Whats the point of all that size and athleticism if he doesn't play physical. Trade back with NE get Evans or DJ moore.
AGREE. He doesn't bring the wood when he hits. Your either born with that or you aint.You cannot teach a player to become a violent hitter. He reminds me of chase Blackburn...the guy from the Giants. Just a run of the mill part time LB..that can start in spot duty.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
the games of Boise I watched. Oregon didn't even block him all game. Many of his tackles tend to come after the opponent has gained positive yards downfield. That's a concern. At 19,I want Clay Matthews...a guy that's gonna have a huge impact at LB day1...not a guy who looks the part,but is raw. Boise isn't exactly USC.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I would be fine with LVE or Evans. But in the big picture it's gonna be who Dallas drafts after the first round that will decide if this team is truly getting better.

Carter

Reaction score
Is late 20's in the first round your sweet spot for picking up guys "softer than a tissue"? ;)

Its atleast better than the 19th Overall pick, especially when it Comes down to 14 Players cause 5 QBs will be taken by that time we pick.

I actually have LVE off my board completely in Round 1 but i can see a Team risking a 1st Round Pick based on intangibles.

He just Looks to me like the LB Version of Byron Jones without the broad jump world record

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, yeah, we were set to draft Shazier and then Pittsburgh surprised everyone by taking him 1 pick in front of us. We got scooped on all 3 of our defensive targets and Zach was just the next guy on our board.

Most people did not find out about the Shazier thing until after the draft.

Not that many people were upset about losing out on Shazier.

The PLENTY of people being upset some were talking about was us taking Zach of Johnny Football.

So many wanted us to take Johnny Football...even the guys on the NFLN and ESPN draft shows were hoping for it as it would have been a HUGE thing for the sports press...Johnny Football in Dallas.

BUT...there were many who were also happy we did not take Johnny Football...He was very polarizing for this Teams fan base...A good deal of us were VERY happy to take Zach of Johnny.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as LVE.

I think there are some that have legit concerns about LVE and do not want him.

I think there are a few who just flat out want to go against the grain and as LVE seems like many think will be the pick they are going to rail against the pick. I honestly believe some of these people would rail against any pick that would seem to be leading the pack of who we might pick...just so they can complain about it and keep with their normal persona.

There are others who will be over the moon to get LVE..think he is the bees knees and the cats meow (lol).

I am not quite that happy with the idea but I do think he will turn out to be a good player and has a higher ceiling to hit yet. I think the progress he made in one year with so little playing exp is amazing and especially when considering he does not have the type of surrounding cast like a Rashaan Evans had and that is NOT a knock against Evans as I would be happy to get him.

I also console myself in thinking that it should not be Arden Key. And if given the choice of Sutton at 19 or LVE at 19. I will take LVE every time. With that said..>I hope I did not jinx it into us taking Sutton at 19.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I can’t believe the hate for the kid when he hasn’t even stepped foot on an nfl field yet. Don’t get me wrong I like others ahead of him but the hate is crazy against him already. I’ll hold judgement

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Malik Jefferson is better than LVE..both guys are 2nd rounders IMO. Malik played at UT...and LVE at Boise. BIG BIG difference in level of comp. week in week out.
Malik Jefferson is also a great physical speciman but he shows little to no instincts for the position.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
I think there's a great chance we end up with LVE. But I think there's a chance it's in a trade down scenario from 19.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Just saying. When you stack up the people who are Pro LVE in the 19 area of the draft and compare it to the list of people who do not believe he is worthy at that slot it is pretty astonishing. NOT talking about random internet posters like us here either. Do your research people. You too will come to the same conclusion.

The same people who say hes "terrible" are also probably the ones who think we still run a Tampa 2

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
One of the most dependable sources on the WWW says he is. Someone who actually knows what they are talking about. A CURRENT pro scout, not a has been, or a never was, or just some random poster. In fact he has him as a solid 1st round pick that should go right about at 19. I tend to judge people by what they actually KNOW and quite frankly to be honest just about all of the people who actually KNOW, say that he is a solid pick at that spot.

Birddog?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I can’t believe the hate for the kid when he hasn’t even stepped foot on an nfl field yet. Don’t get me wrong I like others ahead of him but the hate is crazy against him already. I’ll hold judgement
nah..I don't hate him. I will be his biggest cheerleader if we take him. I just prefer a guy that has faced great competition week in week out and can knock the piss out of you...you know you been hit. That's a game changer. Not so sure he's that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.