You know, everything really does point to LVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I KNOW WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE AGAINST Oregon and Wyoming..especially when hes not blocked. Whats he going to be when hes playin in the NFC east? Hmmm...

Hayseed

Reaction score
Ok, thats ridiculous. Ellis had ONE double digit sack season in his 12 year career. Bosa is 2 for 2 and already has a pro bowl selection. Ellis made one pro bowl his entire career.

I know its ridiculous. I pointed it out in all the pre draft discussions back then too. Just saying,.... the LVE stuff has kind of a Bosa FEEL to it again. Lots of people talking negative about the player without good reason. Should be fun to sit back and see the results. IMO it ends up much like the Bosa situation. A whole bunch of people with a whole lot of egg on their face...LOL

LittleD

Reaction score
I would hope the team that made the bobby carpenter mistake would have learned something about identifying and weeding out such players.

After Marrinelli's choices last year, I don't think he's that adept at picking quality players any longer. He just likes couch potatoes.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Wonder what the fall back is if he’s taken before 19. I assume it’s Moore.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bobby Carpenter had 49 tackles his final year at Ohio State.
LVE had 141 Tackles 4 Forced Fumbles, 2 Interceptions in his last season.

Other than both being blond hair and white i am not seeing the comparison.
There is none. Barbie also was not the alpha dog and leader of that Ohio St defense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Based on him being white and having nearly identical measurable?

Cons are that he’s got one year of good tape and shot up boards based on the combine. Also the fact that the main reason he’s becoming such a consensus pick for us is because we have a glaring need, that being the driving force is never ideal. Also the (now) persistent rumors lingering about his medical /spinal concerns.

I get why he makes sense but wouldn’t be too thrilled outside of a trade back, netting some extra draft capital. If we stay at 19 and take him it will be pretty underwhelming even though I don’t hate the player
agree. Its the perfect storm and WHY you shouldn't take a player based on a dire need.

superonyx

Reaction score
I afraid I am in total agreement with you. He shows as a great Tarzan athlete who plays like Jane. Bobby Carpenter is a pretty
good representation of LVE. It's going to be another Taco Charlton mistake if we take him. The ideal play is to trade back with
NE or Carolina and get another 3rd or 2nd.
Would Jane have 141 Tackles, 4 Forced Fumbles and 2 Interceptions in 12 games?

I keep hearing this repeated when discrediting LVE but his actual on the field production is impressive.

That said. I am not 100% on him or any LB. Just not seeing the concern with how he plays.

Hayseed

Reaction score
the games of Boise I watched. Oregon didn't even block him all game. Many of his tackles tend to come after the opponent has gained positive yards downfield. That's a concern. At 19,I want Clay Matthews...a guy that's gonna have a huge impact at LB day1...not a guy who looks the part,but is raw. Boise isn't exactly USC.

Think about that a second. Now does that really make any sense to you. So the week before the game the Oregon braintrust sat down and said.........." O.K guys,....heres the plan. We are going to let our opponents BEST defensive player go totally unblocked all game,... ON PURPOSE !" Think about it. Would any rational person ever do that? LOL

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There were PLENTY of people not happy w/that pick.

Well, yeah, we were set to draft Shazier and then Pittsburgh surprised everyone by taking him 1 pick in front of us. We got scooped on all 3 of our defensive targets and Zach was just the next guy on our board.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Think about that a second. Now does that really make any sense to you. So the week before the game the Oregon braintrust sat down and said.........." O.K guys,....heres the plan. We are going to let our opponents BEST defensive player go totally unblocked all game,... ON PURPOSE !" Think about it. Would any rational person ever do that? LOL
its Boise. Level of Comp. matters.

Bigdog

Reaction score
If it is him, I just hope he is not like the last lb we took in the 1st round that was right around the same pick minus 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.