CFZ You know what annoys me about our FO?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry is not a GM. Jerry is not a football mind. Jerry is a snake oil salesman only interested in growing revenue and turning a profit. The Cowboys are a plaything for him.

He is not serious about setting up an infrastructure built for winning championships
My beef is that the FO is reactionary and not proactive. As a competent FO, you would not wait for things to happen before you act....you anticipate problems and come up with solutions and answers beforehand. For example, the Tyron issue. Or letting Zeke go with no pound it up the middle RB. Getting rid of Amari and having no replacement, or even La'el. Then having to rely on rookies to perform like vets. The list goes on. These are two numbskulls who have no idea and do their "job" knowing there is no accountability and there is always next year.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’m not a big Jerry fan but this post is just wrong. Jerry wants to win more than anyone especially you. His problem is he’s too involved.
No. His problem is he wants to win HIS way. Hence why he treats the second round like his personal fantasy football draft.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That's probably the best way to look at it. Honestly though, you'd think Jerry would evaluate what the Vikings and Browns did, look at what we had with Zeke and why we can't use Pollard the same way, and find how to fix it. I think 42-10 is clear enough to show that we are not able to matchup with SFO with our current squad. So, it's Jerry's job to provide players who can help us with that matchup.
True, that's the GMs job.
We just don't have a real, qualified GM.
How does owning the team, qualify you to be a GM?
What qualifications does Stephen have, other than being Jerry's son?
It's a very dysfunctional front office and is really hurting our team competitively.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
My beef is that the FO is reactionary and not proactive. As a competent FO, you would not wait for things to happen before you act....you anticipate problems and come up with solutions and answers beforehand. For example, the Tyron issue. Or letting Zeke go with no pound it up the middle RB. Getting rid of Amari and having no replacement, or even La'el. Then having to rely on rookies to perform like vets. The list goes on. These are two numbskulls who have no idea and do their "job" knowing there is no accountability and there is always next year.
:hammer:

aikemirv

Reaction score
You know what annoys me about our FO? The way the FO seems to think midseason that everything is fine with our roster. I appreciated the move last year for Hankins and the trades earlier this year for Cooks and Gillmore. I also liked the swap we did with KJ. That said, I think it's mind boggling how the Eagles are able to make the trades that they do with no concern for salary cap, while Jerry and Stephen, for some confusing reason, don't really have this approach. The Eagles see a problem, and they make a move to try to fix it in a trade. Jerry sees a problem, and it's "It should be fine". I think a lot of this saw this roster and knew running back was a key weakness after letting Zeke go. Now, it's looking like a key weakness. Similarly, LB is also a big weakness of ours when it comes to depth. Jerry never seema to realise the problem until it smacks him in the face, and it's too late when that reality check comes.

I do think that our coaching staff and players need to be better. That said, the FO has to be better too. If they keep giving the coaching staff hamburger, then they can't be surprised when they get hamburger results. They need to provide steak every so often. They need to realise that, when there's a key problem that they can fix, then they should do it. There is this thing called a comp pick. I liked what they used to do where they would make late round trades to fill holes, then those players' contracts wouldn't be renewed, then we get the comp pick. It's a nice cycle. It's one the Eagles seem to use. It's a smart system because then you can trade some late round picks knowing you're getting more with comp picks anyway. In other words, Jerry and Stephen need to give McCarthy and Quinn the tools they need to succeed. Yes, McCarthy's playcalling could be better. No doubt. But, has it crossed the minds of the FO that maybe they have something missing?

I'll give an example. McCarthy stated he wanted to run the ball more. Jerry has given him Pollard, Dowdle, Vaughn, and Luepke (who, tbf, Mike hasn't used nearly enough). They do not replace what Zeke did. It's not just that the oline isn't as good as it once was. A rushing style has to be congruent with the style of oline being used. Pollard is not Zeke. Unfortunately, because Jerry hasn't given him a back to do what Zeke was able to do, Mike is having to use Pollard like Zeke. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. Of course it's not going to work! Why would it be surprising that Pollard isn't as good up the middle as he is on the outside? Guess what? Jerry Jones has a week to fix the problem before the trade deadline. Yet, he makes this comment last week about "we won't initiate a call". Maybe it's a negotiating tactic, but he really should make a few calls. Who knows? He might get some deals on players that we could really use like a LB, RB, or a lineman. Plus, it doesn't always have to take draft picks. We made a good move earlier with Joseph. That was good! But, they did it likely because they couldn't take KJ anymore. It shouldn't come to that to realise that a player should be moved on from. Perhaps there might be players that other teams want that might be expendable for us? Who knows? You never know if you don't shake the tree.
I did not read that but my answer is - Everything

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
I think one of Jerry's sons is sabotaging him. I'm not sure if it's Carl-lot, Jerry Jr., or Stephen.
I think other than that Jerry is awesome.
I want to see that goofy looking grandson come in for his new role.

There's words old boys like me can't use any more so I'll go with "he looks like he's not playing with a full deck of cards".

He could lick the end zone windows clean or something helpful like that I suppose.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For all those crying about the front office, go check out the thread where people predicted the win-loss record before the season started. I am guessing a lot of people predicted a good record.

I'm glad that we have a winning record, and I think I said 12-5. What I'm asking for is more to do with the postseason.

doomsday808

Reaction score
We have a problem in the red zone. What are we going to do about improving that? NOTHING!

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Waaay to much Zeke love here. He's a 3/10 NFL player now and for the last 3 years. Dak and Jerry are the culprits here.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You know what annoys me about our FO? The way the FO seems to think midseason that everything is fine with our roster. I appreciated the move last year for Hankins and the trades earlier this year for Cooks and Gillmore. I also liked the swap we did with KJ. That said, I think it's mind boggling how the Eagles are able to make the trades that they do with no concern for salary cap, while Jerry and Stephen, for some confusing reason, don't really have this approach. The Eagles see a problem, and they make a move to try to fix it in a trade. Jerry sees a problem, and it's "It should be fine". I think a lot of this saw this roster and knew running back was a key weakness after letting Zeke go. Now, it's looking like a key weakness. Similarly, LB is also a big weakness of ours when it comes to depth. Jerry never seema to realise the problem until it smacks him in the face, and it's too late when that reality check comes.

I do think that our coaching staff and players need to be better. That said, the FO has to be better too. If they keep giving the coaching staff hamburger, then they can't be surprised when they get hamburger results. They need to provide steak every so often. They need to realise that, when there's a key problem that they can fix, then they should do it. There is this thing called a comp pick. I liked what they used to do where they would make late round trades to fill holes, then those players' contracts wouldn't be renewed, then we get the comp pick. It's a nice cycle. It's one the Eagles seem to use. It's a smart system because then you can trade some late round picks knowing you're getting more with comp picks anyway. In other words, Jerry and Stephen need to give McCarthy and Quinn the tools they need to succeed. Yes, McCarthy's playcalling could be better. No doubt. But, has it crossed the minds of the FO that maybe they have something missing?

I'll give an example. McCarthy stated he wanted to run the ball more. Jerry has given him Pollard, Dowdle, Vaughn, and Luepke (who, tbf, Mike hasn't used nearly enough). They do not replace what Zeke did. It's not just that the oline isn't as good as it once was. A rushing style has to be congruent with the style of oline being used. Pollard is not Zeke. Unfortunately, because Jerry hasn't given him a back to do what Zeke was able to do, Mike is having to use Pollard like Zeke. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. Of course it's not going to work! Why would it be surprising that Pollard isn't as good up the middle as he is on the outside? Guess what? Jerry Jones has a week to fix the problem before the trade deadline. Yet, he makes this comment last week about "we won't initiate a call". Maybe it's a negotiating tactic, but he really should make a few calls. Who knows? He might get some deals on players that we could really use like a LB, RB, or a lineman. Plus, it doesn't always have to take draft picks. We made a good move earlier with Joseph. That was good! But, they did it likely because they couldn't take KJ anymore. It shouldn't come to that to realise that a player should be moved on from. Perhaps there might be players that other teams want that might be expendable for us? Who knows? You never know if you don't shake the tree.
The Eagles have the exact same design in their running back stable. Even letting go of their most dominant runner in their off season... the same cryers on site worship their concept at running the ball....naw.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just a repeat of five other threads he's either started or said that same thing on he just needed another one he likes to be seen and apparently he likes to be heard and he's just repetitive and redundant and it gets very old you think we started out the season one and five or two and four versus four and two and being one game back from the only two teams that are better than us in records..
And yet you keep reading them……:laugh:

CCBoy

Reaction score
It was a productive bye week for the Cowboys in several ways, not simply in their ability to get healthy, but also in seeing other top NFC teams suffer losses that helped Parsons and Co. gain ground for the start of the next segment of the season.

There are no longer any undefeated NFL teams, and both the Detroit Lions and San Francisco 49ers own two losses apiece, while the Philadelphia Eagles are only one game ahead of the Cowboys in the NFC East. Going on a run after the bye is paramount for Dallas. And that's exactly what Parsons expects to happen.

It's a Cowboys' defense that leads the NFL in quarterback pressures but also one looking to turn many more of those pressures into sacks, starting with Matthew Stafford, to give Dak Prescott and the offense more opportunities to find their groove going forward.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/micah-extremely-important-cowboys-heat-up

I dedicate this post to:

The beer foam blowers...
Blow the foam off one's beer before one crys in it.
:thumbdown:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Like Jerry and his group are missing a lot of talent building the higher levels now...just look at their kicker. Did someone say kicker?

While he may not care about the history that he is on the verge of reaching, Aubrey will still be put on the field with an opportunity to break that 18-for-18 record in the coming weeks. And while history may not mean a whole lot to him, the Notre Dame graduate made sure to emphasize that it was never a problem when he was in school.

"Good grades, I promise."

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/nfl-record-not-on-brandon-aubrey-s-mind-amid-historic-start

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is what happens when Jerry ridiculously uses next year's costly 4th round pick on a BUST of a QB like Trey Lance (plus, without notifying your head coach and other coaches without getting their feedback on such a move). All of you Dak haters were ecstatic and praised Jerry even though we all know Dak is not going anywhere and Lance is not even close to supplanting Cooper Rush for the backup QB position anytime soon. Well, stop complaining now. You got what you wanted at the cost of not having that 4th round pick to use to trade for an impact starter that could be used right now. This is the problem for the past 28 years. Jerry listens adamantly to the majority of fans, and he reacts according to pleasing y'all (in order to keep sales up), even if it's not the best move(s) and actually hurts the team. Y'all complain incessantly nonstop for years, then Jerry unexpectedly makes a dumb move just to please y'all which only comes back to bite the team hard in the rear end.

CCBoy

Reaction score
This is what happens when Jerry ridiculously uses next year's costly 4th round pick on a BUST of a QB like Trey Lance (plus, without notifying your head coach and other coaches without getting their feedback on such a move). All of you Dak haters were ecstatic and praised Jerry even though we all know Dak is not going anywhere and Lance is not even close to supplanting Cooper Rush for the backup QB position anytime soon. Well, stop complaining now. You got what you wanted at the cost of not having that 4th round pick to use to trade for an impact starter that could be used right now. This is the problem for the past 28 years. Jerry listens adamantly to the majority of fans, and he reacts according to pleasing y'all (in order to keep sales up), even if it's not the best move(s) and actually hurts the team. Y'all complain incessantly nonstop for years, then Jerry unexpectedly makes a dumb move just to please y'all which only comes back to bite the team hard in the rear end.
Way too soon to evaluate...unless one wants to blow off the head on his beer and cry into it.