You know what this board needs? More Chris Johnson Highlights

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I wouldn't be too upset if he was taken in the 2nd round providing that CB and WR are taken care of.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
This guy reminds me of Marion Barber with home-run speed. If no one believes me, turn on Marion Barber highlights in college....

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I saw Julius Jones knock a schoolgirl off her tricycle once.

I bet my cousin Eb, he couldnt do it again.

~sarcasm

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
I just don't get how people say he is just about speed. This kid has vision, balance runs through tackles along with 4.2 speed and he plays like 4 positions. I would take him over Felix anyday.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
I would like to see some better lateral movement, but he may just be able to speed past people instead of trying to shake them. My biggest fear is that even though he is fast, defenses in the NFL are a lot faster than what he is used to. With that being said, I still think he can be a special player that definitely is a "home run" threat. Reminds me a lot of Brian Westbrook.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
What scares me about Chris Johnson is that if you take away Tulane and Boise State from his senior year his entire college career, as a whole, seems pretty average. I do like the fact that he is an excellent kick returner and a good reciever. I think an imaginative O-coordinator could have a lot of fun with a kid like him. If he is there is in the 2nd, I would be very happy with him. I would still want us to pick Choice or a Boyd later in the draft, because if anything did happen to MBIII, I wouldn't be comfortable with Johnson having to carry the load in the NFL for very long. Of course, I could say the same things about Jones or Charles. That's why, IMO, those three are solid second round choices, but not what I would take in the 1st.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Some of you guys are gonna be real bummed when we don't draft him.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I wonder if he's a Priest Holmes fan because he has the same type of game and runs in for TD's in a similar fashion.

YAKUZA

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I dont know what people are looking at with this kid...he has homerun speed without a doubt, but not much else

I see Jon Avery 2.0 when I watch this kid as a RB...I like his kick return skill and his hands catching the ball, but I dont see pure RB skills at all...he played against an awful schedule and totaled only 47 yds on 18 carries the first two games of the season (Va tech, N Carolina)...he gained basically half his yds in 3 games, all vs dreadful defensive teams...and he was basically a nobody before this season

he is nowhere near the RB prospect Felix Jones is, or even somebody like Ray Rice for that matter

David

superpunk

Reaction score
That video didn't do much to change what anyone thought of him. All through it, he still shows he's a one-cut back with homerun speed.

Which is not a bad thing, if that's what you're looking for.

He eliminates angles with his speed. That's his claim to fame, basically. He's like Darren McFadden with ALOT less power. That would probably be pretty good where we're sitting in the second round.

heavyg

Reaction score
dbair1967;2031828 said:
I dont know what people are looking at with this kid...he has homerun speed without a doubt, but not much else

I see Jon Avery 2.0 when I watch this kid as a RB...I like his kick return skill and his hands catching the ball, but I dont see pure RB skills at all...he played against an awful schedule and totaled only 47 yds on 18 carries the first two games of the season (Va tech, N Carolina)...he gained basically half his yds in 3 games, all vs dreadful defensive teams...and he was basically a nobody before this season

he is nowhere near the RB prospect Felix Jones is, or even somebody like Ray Rice for that matter

David

So you don't see CJ as a pure RB but from your sig picture you a fan of D-Mac? You think he is a pure RB? Its just my opinion but I don't see what all the hype is with D-Mac. He doesnt break any tackles. From what I have seen he doesnt run between the tackles. Heck even Arkansas doesn't use him as a pure RB. They line him up all over the place. He reminds me of Cordell Stewart. A slash type player

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
heavyg;2031837 said:
So you don't see CJ as a pure RB but from your sig picture you a fan of D-Mac? You think he is a pure RB? Its just my opinion but I don't see what all the hype is with D-Mac. He doesnt break any tackles. From what I have seen he doesnt run between the tackles. Heck even Arkansas doesn't use him as a pure RB. They line him up all over the place. He reminds me of Cordell Stewart. A slash type player

:rolleyes:

thats about all I can come up with when I see comments like this

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
People that watched the other video and thought he had agility will probably watch this one and think he has agility. I just don't see it in either one.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2031839 said:
People that watched the other video and thought he had agility will probably watch this one and think he has agility. I just don't see it in either one.

you arnt alone Theo...I really didnt see it either

like I said...Jon Avery

David

adamknite

Reaction score
dbair1967;2031838 said:

David

Oh, I'm sure you could think of something else, you just won't be allowed to say it.

:)

heavyg

Reaction score
dbair1967;2031838 said:

David

Like I said its my opinion. I just do not see what all the hype is about D-Mac. I will be the first to admitt I am wrong if he proves to be a star