You know what this board needs? More Chris Johnson Highlights

starfrombirth

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2031763 said:
And I aim to please

http://bluewaterpirate.phanfare.com/album/505485/708661#imageID=32948740

really if you watch this and still think he has no power agility or vision i really jsut dont know what to say.

Screw Felix i want this guy.

This kid is just incredibly fast, Michael Vick fast even. He is going to make some team very happy. I wish it was us but I'm afraid it won't be. Everyone is knocking on him because he can't block but neither could MBIII or Julius when they came into the league. He can be coached. He is NOT, however, like the Barbarian in the toughness category. He took on some tackles, true, but he didn't blow people away like MBIII but then again that's not his game. I would be very happy to get him. And he does seem to catch well out of the backfield as well.:starspin

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Kolemmitt;2031795 said:
What scares me about Chris Johnson is that if you take away Tulane and Boise State from his senior year his entire college career, as a whole, seems pretty average. I do like the fact that he is an excellent kick returner and a good reciever. I think an imaginative O-coordinator could have a lot of fun with a kid like him. If he is there is in the 2nd, I would be very happy with him. I would still want us to pick Choice or a Boyd later in the draft, because if anything did happen to MBIII, I wouldn't be comfortable with Johnson having to carry the load in the NFL for very long. Of course, I could say the same things about Jones or Charles. That's why, IMO, those three are solid second round choices, but not what I would take in the 1st.

Ummm... he didn't have world class blockers working for him either.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
superpunk;2031832 said:
That video didn't do much to change what anyone thought of him. All through it, he still shows he's a one-cut back with homerun speed.

Which is not a bad thing, if that's what you're looking for.

He eliminates angles with his speed. That's his claim to fame, basically. He's like Darren McFadden with ALOT less power. That would probably be pretty good where we're sitting in the second round.

Where did you get that DMac has power? That has been his main knock through out the draft!:banghead:

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
dbair1967;2031828 said:
I dont know what people are looking at with this kid...he has homerun speed without a doubt, but not much else

I see Jon Avery 2.0 when I watch this kid as a RB...I like his kick return skill and his hands catching the ball, but I dont see pure RB skills at all...he played against an awful schedule and totaled only 47 yds on 18 carries the first two games of the season (Va tech, N Carolina)...he gained basically half his yds in 3 games, all vs dreadful defensive teams...and he was basically a nobody before this season

he is nowhere near the RB prospect Felix Jones is, or even somebody like Ray Rice for that matter

David
It was reported that he was coming off an injury early in the season so that could explain that and why do you think Felix Jones is so much better than him? I don't see that. You don't see pure running skills? He has vision, balance, burst threw the hole and he runs threw tackles. How can you miss that? What Rb skills do you don't think he has? I can't wait until the season starts. I will be following this young man whereever he goes just to see how he turn out.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2031875 said:
It was reported that he was coming off an injury early in the season so that could explain that and why do you think Felix Jones is so much better than him? I don't see that. You don't see pure running skills? He has vision, balance, burst threw the hole and he runs threw tackles. How can you miss that? What Rb skills do you don't think he has? I can't wait until the season starts. I will be following this young man whereever he goes just to see how he turn out.

I am yet to see any film that shows that he has great Vision. Infact, one click on that film in slow motion showed me exactly what I feared most about him, he is a true sprinter that plays RB. One of the clips in slow motion shows him going from his base stance, to jumping up and getting to a sprinter position and then going from their. A RB in the NFL can not consistently hit holes at full speed, he has to slide and glide till he finds holes then hit them at full speed.

The more I see Chris Johnson the more I see Tatum Bell part deux.

superpunk

Reaction score
starfrombirth;2031872 said:
Where did you get that DMac has power? That has been his main knock through out the draft!:banghead:

All you have to do is watch him.

heavyg

Reaction score
superpunk;2031885 said:
All you have to do is watch him.

I can't speak for starfrombirth. But I have watched him. I made it a point to watch him last season when we got Clevelands pick. I was on the D-Mac bandwagon. I was listening to they hype and had not watched him play. Needless to say after watching him for a full season I am less than impressed. Felix Jones is the better Ark RB

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
heavyg;2031894 said:
I can't speak for starfrombirth. But I have watched him. I made it a point to watch him last season when we got Clevelands pick. I was on the D-Mac bandwagon. I was listening to they hype and had not watched him play. Needless to say after watching him for a full season I am less than impressed. Felix Jones is the better Ark RB
Well, there are two requisites: (1) watch him play; and (2) know what you're looking for.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
SMCowboy;2031884 said:
I am yet to see any film that shows that he has great Vision. Infact, one click on that film in slow motion showed me exactly what I feared most about him, he is a true sprinter that plays RB. One of the clips in slow motion shows him going from his base stance, to jumping up and getting to a sprinter position and then going from their. A RB in the NFL can not consistently hit holes at full speed, he has to slide and glide till he finds holes then hit them at full speed.

The more I see Chris Johnson the more I see Tatum Bell part deux.
Wow! I can't understand how people look at that video and make such statements. So now hitting the hole at full speed is a bad thing? So in that entire video you saw him only hit the hole at full speed not patiently wait on blockers on some of those runs? Right. I think some of you have your minds made up so there no need of trying to state my case. We can only wait. I just find it funny when attacking the line of scrimmage is considered a bad thing now to some.lol

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
heavyg;2031894 said:
No offense Heavyg but what? This is getting crazy now.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2031902 said:
Wow! I can't understand how people look at that video and make such statements. So now hitting the hole at full speed is a bad thing? So in that entire video you saw him only hit the hole at full speed not patiently wait on blockers on some of those runs? Right. I think some of you have your minds made up so there no need of trying to state my case. We can only wait. I just find it funny when attacking the line of scrimmage is considered a bad thing now to some.lol

In the end we will see who is correct. But I know this much, I won't be touching Chris Johnson in any of my fantasy leagues. And if we spend anything higher than a 4th round pick on him, I will be VERY upset.

heavyg

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2031907 said:
No offense Heavyg but what? This is getting crazy now.

No offense taken. I am just not impressed with D-Mac. He reminds me of Cordell Stewart. He lines up all over the place. Is he a talent YES not denying that. But how will he do as a straight up RB? I dont think very good. I think his lower body is too small. I don't see any power in him at all. He goes down on first contact.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
SMCowboy;2031913 said:
In the end we will see who is correct. But I know this much, I won't be touching Chris Johnson in any of my fantasy leagues. And if we spend anything higher than a 4th round pick on him, I will be VERY upset.
Now your just talkin crazy. I just went back and watch the video and your comment :A RB in the NFL can not consistently hit holes at full speed, he has to slide and glide till he finds holes then hit them at full speed
If you watch the video he does just that on a few of his runs so I must ask you did you really watch it? I wish there was a time so I can tell you exactly where to look but it was against the University of Houston. He does exactly what you just wrote.

superpunk

Reaction score
heavyg;2031918 said:
No offense taken. I am just not impressed with D-Mac. He reminds me of Cordell Stewart. He lines up all over the place. Is he a talent YES not denying that. But how will he do as a straight up RB? I dont think very good. I think his lower body is too small. I don't see any power in him at all. He goes down on first contact.

It's a little early to be drinking. ;)

marchetta

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan;2031773 said:
This guy reminds me of Marion Barber with home-run speed. If no one believes me, turn on Marion Barber highlights in college....

Actually, CJ is a mirror image of Brian Westbrook (Iggles) when he came out of college. It took Brian an offseason to build up his body so that he became an every down franchise RB. CJ has the potential to become an even faster, more explosive, version of Westbrook. However, it's going to take him an offseason to build up his body to be complete everydown RB. His rookie year, he'll be used as a complimentary RB and a 3rd down RB, which is exactly what we need. Then in his 2nd year, he'll be able to carry his share of the load with MBIII. I'd be more than happy with this scenario, but if we want a complete RB that can carry the load NOW with MBIII, then we need a guy like Ray Rice. But I'd be more than happy with either in the 2nd round.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
heavyg;2031918 said:
Cool because I hate debating with guys and they get so offended that it get so personal. I haven't experience it that much around here.

As for Dmac I think this kid is electric. I have been watching him now for 3 years being that I am a SEC buff. He was averaging 7.0 yds a carry and I thought that couldn't be right when I first saw him. He played my Georgia bulldogs and I said to my self he won't get that in this game. Well he ripped us apart and that team had Pollack and some good defensive talent on it. Here it is 3 yrs later and the kid runs for over 300 yds against LSU. A team with 1st rders up and down the defense.

I also posted awhile back I had dinner with Bobby Jack Wright the co-defensive coordinator of the Oklahoma Sooners and I ask him do you think Dmac is the next Adrian Peterson and he said that he was better than him. This is the god honest truth. Here's a guy who saw AD up close and Dmac from time to time. That just verified what I already knew, Dmac is the truth.

heavyg

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2031946 said:
Cool because I hate debating with guys and they get so offended that it get so personal. I haven't experience it that much around here.

As for Dmac I think this kid is electric. I have been watching him now for 3 years being that I am a SEC buff. He was averaging 7.0 yds a carry and I thought that couldn't be right when I first saw him. He played my Georgia bulldogs and I said to my self he won't get that in this game. Well he ripped us apart and that team had Pollack and some good defensive talent on it. Here it is 3 yrs later and the kid runs for over 300 yds against LSU. A team with 1st rders up and down the defense.

I also posted awhile back I had dinner with Bobby Jack Wright the co-defensive coordinator of the Oklahoma Sooners and I ask him do you think Dmac is the next Adrian Peterson and he said that he was better than him. This is the god honest truth. Here's a guy who saw AD up close and Dmac from time to time. That just verified what I already knew, Dmac is the truth.

Well if we get D-Mac I ain't gonna be mad for sure. But I don't think he is anywhere near the talent of AP

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2031927 said:
It's a little early to be drinking. ;)

When did he stop drinking from last night to start too early? D-Mac has no power? He doesn't shy away from contact at all.

A 5 YPC average in the SEC, with teams stacking the line trying to stop him... And this on a team without a QB and passing attack... Anybody can just look at his numbers. He has had only 4 or 5 games where he had one run over 50 yards. Other than that, his biggest runs are between 20-30 yards. And remember, this guy is rushing around 20 times a game. The guy is deceptive in terms of his numbers. The guy is a work-house...

He is more a straight RB than Felix Jones, Chris Johnson and the majority of RBs everybody is high-on in this draft.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2031923 said:
Now your just talkin crazy. I just went back and watch the video and your comment :A RB in the NFL can not consistently hit holes at full speed, he has to slide and glide till he finds holes then hit them at full speed
If you watch the video he does just that on a few of his runs so I must ask you did you really watch it? I wish there was a time so I can tell you exactly where to look but it was against the University of Houston. He does exactly what you just wrote.

Chris Johnson is your absolutely prototypical one cut RB. The problem with 1 cut RB's, is that if you are going to be just a one cut RB, then you had better big big and strong, otherwise you are not going to be able to hold up very long as a top flight RB. Chris Johnson will no doubt be able to make thing happen even in the NFL when he gets into space, his speed is amazing. But, in the NFL with his one cut running style, he will be another Tatum Bell.

I went back and watched again and all I see, even against Houston is a RB who makes one cut, and then goes straight ahead. I do not see him move latterly along the LOS looking a feeling for holes and picking his way threw multiple little holes.