You Like That?

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Romo said they'd win the Super Bowl during his speech while accepting some random award in the offseason.

Then there was the exchange with Brady. And finally, the tweet about "winning the whole thing" from the movie "Major League."

History will decide where Garrett ultimately ranks as a coach. I still believe in the guy and I think the team leaders are still buying what he's selling. People like him just win at life. I don't get that same sense from Jay Gruden, but we'll see.

:lmao:

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
Observation from the game: Last years Cowboys team would have beat that Packer team that played today. What a terrible timing for so many injuries to happen to the Cowboys. We could have been a contender. So glad the deadskins are one and done. I like that!

the football gods are pissed at jerry or the cowboys organization or something for some reason. someone could write a book about it and it would make it under non-fiction
hello fellow spurs and cowboys fan! :flagwave:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Hilarious. The entire DC fan base thought that was a gimme game. They haven't beat a team all season that had a winning record.

Im surprised GB rolled them like they did. I felt WAS had a great shot to take advantage of a struggling GB squad, especially that OL. Surprisingly it was GB's running game that settled them and never looked back.

All in all, WAS had a positive season whether the division stunk or not. They have a solid QB now which makes them a viable division opponent. We just need to get our act together so we don't have to watch from the couch again next year.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
I don't agree.

They have a serious issues defensively and got by on smoke and mirrors.

Offensively, they have Jackson and that is about it. And they will have to overpay Cousins now.

If I were them, I would be petrified.

They overachieved if you want to get all honest about it.

I don't see the foundation you are talking about.

You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. We have a QB, and probably the 2nd best TE in the league. Yet you claim we only have Desean? LOL!

McCloughan added key talent through the draft and in-season free agent pickups and likely will continue to do so this offseason. The defense needs the most work. But we can build off Breeland, Kerrigan, Baker, Dunbar, Preston Smith and Kyshoen Jarrett.

And I don't want to hear jack **** about injuries in 2015. We had 14 players on season ending IR. None of them QB, but clearly this team survived off depth and smart roster management.

kapolani

Reaction score
And I don't want to hear jack **** about injuries in 2015. We had 14 players on season ending IR. None of them QB, but clearly this team survived off depth and smart roster management.

Your team made it in because the East is horrible.

Not because of your depth.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Your team made it in because the East is horrible.

Not because of your depth.

And why didn't your team make it? Because you had no depth at QB. It's easy to for you to make blanket statements ultimately saying or proving nothing.

Next season will be interesting. The East is wide open, especially for Washington and Dallas.

kapolani

Reaction score
And why didn't your team make it? Because you had no depth at QB. It's easy to for you to make blanket statements ultimately saying or proving nothing.

Next season will be interesting. The East is wide open, especially for Washington and Dallas.

Difference is I know/knew why my team wasn't going anywhere. Once Romo went down it was over.

You didn't make it to the playoffs because you 'had depth, 'key talent, and 'free agent pickups.'

You backed into the playoffs because of a lousy division. I think you guys finished the season with something like 1-5 against .500 teams and 1-3 against teams with a winning record?

Now, you're at home watching the playoffs with the rest of us.

I seem to remember the last time you guys made the playoffs it was followed by seasons of futility. Nothing has changed.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. We have a QB, and probably the 2nd best TE in the league. Yet you claim we only have Desean? LOL!

McCloughan added key talent through the draft and in-season free agent pickups and likely will continue to do so this offseason. The defense needs the most work. But we can build off Breeland, Kerrigan, Baker, Dunbar, Preston Smith and Kyshoen Jarrett.

I like your TE. He's the best player on your team it looks like.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Washington does have something to build on. Most had them in basement of the NFC East to start the season and not only did they win the division but they may have found themselves a QB. Everyones goal is to win it all but it all starts with giving yourself a chance by making the playoffs. Washington didn't exactly stumble in they won 9 games closing out the season with 4 straight wins.
Winning the east is nothing to brag on this year. My gosh it was terrible by any defination.

Washington may not have stumbled into the playoffs but there is one very important thing to keep in mind when talking about their season - they never beat a team with a winning record. All year!

Machete

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Bull ****! Your team survived because it was the tallest midget!

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
I seem to remember the last time you guys made the playoffs it was followed by seasons of futility. Nothing has changed.

Im not going to even address how you just keep repeating the same nonsense without actually proving anything. One thing has definitely changed, we have a GM now. I know that might be a foreign concept for you considering Jerrah will be your GM until the day he dies and probably Garrett as your coach too.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Winning the east is nothing to brag on this year. My gosh it was terrible by any defination.

Washington may not have stumbled into the playoffs but there is one very important thing to keep in mind when talking about their season - they never beat a team with a winning record. All year!

And in 2014, while finishing 4-12, they beat two winning teams. So ******* what?

mldardy

Reaction score
What it's come to is what it's always come to in the NFL and that's playing the schedule that you're given and beating the teams within your division. The NFC East has been weak for several years the Giants won the division in 2011 with the same 9-7 record the Commanders had this season and went on to win the SB. Does that tarnish their SB win? Should they put an asterisk by it because they played in a weak division?

The NFC East has not been weak for several years. That's simply not true. Every team in the division finished with a losing record except the Commanders. Even in the year the Giants won, the Eagles and Cowboys were at .500 and were much better than any team in the division this year including the Skins. The Skins were not that good. They won this division by default because no other team was competitive and it showed in yesterday's game much like Houston winning the AFC South and it showed it didn't belong in the playoffs. So no the NFC East has not been this weak in a long time. The Skins didn't beat a team with a winning record the entire season. That year the Giants won it they started off 6-2, they beat the Pats and then went on a run where they beat the 10 win Falcons, 15-1 Packers, 13-3 niners and the Pats again to win the Super Bowl so no they shouldn't put an asterisk, don't be ridiculous, because they actually earned that Super Bowl. Any team that wins a Super Bowl like that was completely earned and justified. The Skins showed they weren't for real yesterday.

csirl

Reaction score
For some reason Cousins reminds me of that annoying Stiffler character in the American Pie movies.

:)