You Like That?

coult44

Reaction score
They've made some solid moves this past offseason.

But like when Seattle had to sign Wilson, it'll be a different story when you're paying a QB minimum compared to 10-12 mil a year.

Are you for real??? What did that do to Seattle? They signed Wilson, let a couple guys go, got a couple new guys, created an OL from scratch for almost nothing, got the second best TE in football, have most their guys locked up, and they are still top three team in NFL.

coult44

Reaction score
I'd rather win the Super Bowl and having this 4th pick, if we get a hopeful blue chip QB, we can enjoy the fruits for years to come. We had playoffs over these 20 years, but without a SB type staff and players, it's just meaningless to me.

Our hopeful QB is gonna be JJ's wet dream JF.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Are you for real??? What did that do to Seattle? They signed Wilson, let a couple guys go, got a couple new guys, created an OL from scratch for almost nothing, got the second best TE in football, have most their guys locked up, and they are still top three team in NFL.

Yeah, that demise thing never quite came about.

Maybe next year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
However, we are not winning the SB this year, so yeah, that 4th still smells good. After enduring the "stench" of this season, hell, it smells even better!

We didn't give ourselves the chance to win the SB and that 4th overall pick doesn't guarantee we'll end up with a good NFL player.

Nav22

Reaction score
I guess I am having a senior moment and don't exactly recall Romo talking about a Super Bowl. Beyond the sad pathetic thing with Brady, which is another discussion.

If by "feeling better" means you think he can benefit from the handicap, I get it.

All depends on who the Giants and Eagles hire. Garrett is about Gruden's equal.

Romo said they'd win the Super Bowl during his speech while accepting some random award in the offseason.

Then there was the exchange with Brady. And finally, the tweet about "winning the whole thing" from the movie "Major League."

History will decide where Garrett ultimately ranks as a coach. I still believe in the guy and I think the team leaders are still buying what he's selling. People like him just win at life. I don't get that same sense from Jay Gruden, but we'll see.

Jerryrage

Reaction score
Romo said they'd win the Super Bowl during his speech while accepting some random award in the offseason.

Then there was the exchange with Brady. And finally, the tweet about "winning the whole thing" from the movie "Major League."

History will decide where Garrett ultimately ranks as a coach. I still believe in the guy and I think the team leaders are still buying what he's selling. People like him just win at life. I don't get that same sense from Jay Gruden, but we'll see.

History will say. About .500

mldardy

Reaction score
At least they made the playoffs we have nothing to laugh about sitting home at 4-12.

So that's what it's come to now. They won possibly the worst division in football and didn't beat a team with a winning record. Congrats for making the playoffs and losing at home to a team that was struggling, I guess? Please.

Alexander

Reaction score
I think the team leaders are still buying what he's selling. People like him just win at life. I don't get that same sense from Jay Gruden, but we'll see.

I don't care if the Get-A-Long gang buys what he is selling.

So he has Romo and Witten's vote as they attend basketball games together.

I care that the bottom of the roster player buys what he is selling. That is what matters.

Maybe Jay Gruden should take Cousins and Desean Jackson out for the Final Four or something.

popp1234

Reaction score
We didn't give ourselves the chance to win the SB and that 4th overall pick doesn't guarantee we'll end up with a good NFL player.

While picking 4th is not a lock to land a good/great NFL player, the odds and options are better than if we picked 21st.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So that's what it's come to now. They won possibly the worst division in football and didn't beat a team with a winning record. Congrats for making the playoffs and losing at home to a team that was struggling, I guess? Please.

What it's come to is what it's always come to in the NFL and that's playing the schedule that you're given and beating the teams within your division. The NFC East has been weak for several years the Giants won the division in 2011 with the same 9-7 record the Commanders had this season and went on to win the SB. Does that tarnish their SB win? Should they put an asterisk by it because they played in a weak division?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
While picking 4th is not a lock to land a good/great NFL player, the odds and options are better than if we picked 21st.

It's not where you pick it's who you pick. The Cowboys selected Mo Claiborne with the sixth overall pick in 2012 and gave up a second rounder to move up for him. Teams that picked after us ended up with better players than him. Five of the first seven picks in that draft including Mo went bust.

Alexander

Reaction score
It's not where you pick it's who you pick. The Cowboys selected Mo Claiborne with the sixth overall pick in 2012 and gave up a second rounder to move up for him. Teams that picked after us ended up with better players than him. Five of the first seven picks in that draft including Mo went bust.

Bolded the important part.

DallasBlockersClub

Reaction score

It's where you pick AND who you pick. The difference between Brees slinging it to Odell Beckham Jr. instead of Brandin Cooks is seven spots.

popp1234

Reaction score
So would you like to go 4-12 every season so we can have a top 5 pick each April? It's not where you pick it's who you pick. The Cowboys selected Mo Claiborne with the sixth overall pick in 2012 and gave up a second rounder to move up for him. Teams that picked after us ended up with better players than him. Five of the first seven picks in that draft including Mo went bust.

Please read my previous reply regarding picks...again, I know it's no guarantee, but IMO gives you a better chance to land a good player. If not, then let's just pick 25th every year. Of course I do not want to go 4-12 every year. But if we do, why not give ourselves a better chance to improve our football team.

Ken

Reaction score
I would have rather played and won. Short of that...not worth our time and lowered draft position.

Washington was a farce and it was proven today. Fools gold going into next season.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
do they still mak
kirk-cousins-south-park.jpg
do they still make bang cartoons?

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score

:lmao2: