You Like That?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Winning the east is nothing to brag on this year. My gosh it was terrible by any defination.

Washington may not have stumbled into the playoffs but there is one very important thing to keep in mind when talking about their season - they never beat a team with a winning record. All year!

Winning your division is always an accomplishment regardless how weak your division is even if you didn't beat a team with a winning record all year. Washington won the games they needed to win to make the playoffs that's all that matters.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
There's no getting to the playoffs by default every team has to deal with injuries. I doubt there was a team in the NFL that did as bad a job dealing with injuries like the Cowboys. Several teams had to play without their starting QB during parts of the season and still won games and a few even made the playoffs. One of the biggest beat downs we took all season was with Romo.

We will just disagree. It was a sheet entry. They got blowed out by a weak Green Bay team.

Next! One out! Seattle and stealers! Two more sheet entries!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. We have a QB, and probably the 2nd best TE in the league. Yet you claim we only have Desean? LOL!

McCloughan added key talent through the draft and in-season free agent pickups and likely will continue to do so this offseason. The defense needs the most work. But we can build off Breeland, Kerrigan, Baker, Dunbar, Preston Smith and Kyshoen Jarrett.

And I don't want to hear jack **** about injuries in 2015. We had 14 players on season ending IR. None of them QB, but clearly this team survived off depth and smart roster management.

I said from day 1 this year that the skins sound be better off with cousins. I thought I was right until yesterday.
He is a career backup. Just like he said he was competing for back up position in beginning of the year.

The tight end is great.... Without him cousins would have been shut down.

I'm glad you are out! Just being honest,

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The NFC East has not been weak for several years. That's simply not true. Every team in the division finished with a losing record except the Commanders. Even in the year the Giants won, the Eagles and Cowboys were at .500 and were much better than any team in the division this year including the Skins. The Skins were not that good. They won this division by default because no other team was competitive and it showed in yesterday's game much like Houston winning the AFC South and it showed it didn't belong in the playoffs. So no the NFC East has not been this weak in a long time. The Skins didn't beat a team with a winning record the entire season. That year the Giants won it they started off 6-2, they beat the Pats and then went on a run where they beat the 10 win Falcons, 15-1 Packers, 13-3 niners and the Pats again to win the Super Bowl so no they shouldn't put an asterisk, don't be ridiculous, because they actually earned that Super Bowl. Any team that wins a Super Bowl like that was completely earned and justified. The Skins showed they weren't for real yesterday.

The division was beyond weak this season it was awful. In 2011 it only took 9 wins to win the division with 3 of the teams finishing 500 or worse. In 2013 only one NFC East team had a winning record and 2 teams finished with a losing record. Last season was the first season since 09 where it took more than 10 wins to win the division. Teams going 500 doesn't make a division strong finishing with a 500 record is "weak" in my book.

Those who are trying to tear down the Commanders season are just bitter over the miserable year the Cowboys had. The Cowboys went 4 straight seasons from 2010 to 2013 without winning 9 games. To Washington's credit they won 9 games with a young developing QB. Seriously does anyone think Garrett could have won 9 games with that team? LOL He couldn't win 9 games for 3 straight seasons despite having Tony Romo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We will just disagree. It was a sheet entry. They got blowed out by a weak Green Bay team.

Next! One out! Seattle and stealers! Two more sheet entries!

We don't agree because in the NFL you have to earn a playoff spot. Washington could have very easily given up against Tampa being down 24-0 but they overcame that deficit to pull that game out against the same Tampa team the Cowboys blew a led to in the closing minutes. They blew out the Saints 47-14 a team the Cowboys lost to. They also beat Buffalo so they beat 3 teams the Cowboys lost to.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We don't agree because in the NFL you have to earn a playoff spot. Washington could have very easily given up against Tampa being down 24-0 but they overcame that deficit to pull that game out against the same Tampa team the Cowboys blew a led to in the closing minutes. They blew out the Saints 47-14 a team the Cowboys lost to. They also beat Buffalo so they beat 3 teams the Cowboys lost to.

Did you really read that before you posted? (Rhetorical) I'm good

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's where you pick AND who you pick. The difference between Brees slinging it to Odell Beckham Jr. instead of Brandin Cooks is seven spots.

The difference between Khalil Mack playing alongside JJ Watt instead of Clowney was 5 spots. The Texans could have traded down from #1 overall and came away with Mack and the farm instead of Clowney who's looking like a bust. Mack finished with 15 sacks this season while Clowney continues to miss games due to injury and hasn't produced much when healthy. Reports are his replacement has out played him. You can go through the draft every year pointing out the difference in draft spots between one player playing for a particular team and another.

The draft is a crapshoot the difference between Luke Kuechly playing for the Cowboys instead of Morris Claiborne was 3 spots but the Cowboys chose to trade down for Claiborne because they thought they were getting a GREAT player who would be a cornerstone for the franchise for years to come....NOT!!! The difference between Dontari Poe wrecking havoc up front for the Cowboys instead of Morris Claiborne breaking our hearts was 5 spots. Had the Cowboys stayed put they could have drafted Bruce Irvin or Micheal Brockers.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You said Washington reached the playoffs by default we disagree and I explained why.

Yes, because they beat bad teams that our bad, dbag backup QBs couldn't beat. I got it.

When ch got them a blowout embarrassment at home = not deserving of default division win.
They can thank coughlin if that works for you? Lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes, because they beat bad teams that our bad, dbag backup QBs couldn't beat. I got it.

When ch got them a blowout embarrassment at home = not deserving of default division win.
They can thank coughlin if that works for you? Lol

They beat 3 teams the Cowboys couldn't beat. If they won 12 games sweeping the East you would still be claiming they won by default. There's no pushover wins in the NFL if you don't show up ready to play on Sunday anyone can beat you. They had a winning season something the Cowboys have done only once in 5 seasons under Garrett.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
They beat 3 teams the Cowboys couldn't beat. If they won 12 games sweeping the East you would still be claiming they won by default. There's no pushover wins in the NFL if you don't show up ready to play on Sunday anyone can beat you. They had a winning season something the Cowboys have done only once in 5 seasons under Garrett.

Cool.

mldardy

Reaction score
The division was beyond weak this season it was awful. In 2011 it only took 9 wins to win the division with 3 of the teams finishing 500 or worse. In 2013 only one NFC East team had a winning record and 2 teams finished with a losing record. Last season was the first season since 09 where it took more than 10 wins to win the division. Teams going 500 doesn't make a division strong finishing with a 500 record is "weak" in my book.

Those who are trying to tear down the Commanders season are just bitter over the miserable year the Cowboys had. The Cowboys went 4 straight seasons from 2010 to 2013 without winning 9 games. To Washington's credit they won 9 games with a young developing QB. Seriously does anyone think Garrett could have won 9 games with that team? LOL He couldn't win 9 games for 3 straight seasons despite having Tony Romo.

OK done going back and forth with you about this topic. The East was not weak in 2011 even with the Giants winning 9 games that division was still very competitive. In 2013 it was weak but still came down the last game and the Cowboys and Eagles had winning records and had shown at times that they weren't weak teams. As I've said over and over again no one in the division this season could get over .500 and the Skins beat no one with a winning record.

Congrats to the Skins for winning this garbage division and then as most of us thought doing nothing once they reached the playoffs by winning the NFC East by default. What an accomplishment. We should all congratulate the Skins on a tremendous season that will not be forgotten. Oh my what a season they had.:rolleyes: That better. Jeez.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OK done going back and forth with you about this topic. The East was not weak in 2011 even with the Giants winning 9 games that division was still very competitive. In 2013 it was weak but still came down the last game and the Cowboys and Eagles had winning records and had shown at times that they weren't weak teams. As I've said over and over again no one in the division this season could get over .500 and the Skins beat no one with a winning record.

Congrats to the Skins for winning this garbage division and then as most of us thought doing nothing once they reached the playoffs by winning the NFC East by default. What an accomplishment. We should all congratulate the Skins on a tremendous season that will not be forgotten. Oh my what a season they had.:rolleyes: That better. Jeez.

It's your opinion the division wasn't weak in 2011 but 2 teams going 500 and one team having a losing record with the division winner having only 9 wins is weak in my book. No point going any further with this it's just a waste of time.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I said from day 1 this year that the skins sound be better off with cousins. I thought I was right until yesterday.
He is a career backup. Just like he said he was competing for back up position in beginning of the year.

The tight end is great.... Without him cousins would have been shut down.

I'm glad you are out! Just being honest,

It will be interesting to see what they give Cousins.

I think it should be a 6/60m like Romo and Brady got first time, but they may have to go 5/95m.

slaga

Reaction score
As a Commanders fan, I did like that, even though they lost. The Commanders have proven that they are/were not world beaters or true "Superbowl contenders", but they won the division by beating the teams in their division (4-2) and on their schedule (9-7) just like they were supposed to. They deserved everything they accomplished, even in the playoff loss to the Packers. They got better as the season progressed, mostly because of the play of the QB aided by his TE and the presence of Desean Jackson. Through the regular season the defense gave up a lot of yards but had a tendency to tighten up as the field got shorter. The defense was very opportunistic in that it caused the most turnovers in the league and could not maintain either of those trends in the playoff game against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

As a fan of a team that routinely picks in the top 10, I can honestly say I would rather pick in the last 12 every year than in the top 5 of any given year. As much of a crapshoot as the draft is, I cannot fathom anyone wanting losses in order to better their draft position, but that is just me and my opinion. A team's FO approach and scouting personnel is way more important than their draft position. Perennial playoff teams and those consistently picking in the top 10 prove this to be true. Historically, it has been a long time since the Commanders have drafted well enough to have the contributions from their draft picks like they did this year. That is both an indictment on the previous FO of the Commanders and an "atta boy" to the current GM, but the bar was set pretty low in year 1. I am optimistic about Scott McCloughan's fingerprints he is putting on the Commanders. Mediocre is better than bad and I hope they keep getting better.

Whether or not Cousins is a franchise QB is yet to be determined but I am cautiously optimistic. He made progress and that is what you want from a young QB. I have my fingers crossed. I feel the hiring of a true GM and letting him mold the roster is the single most important thing that has happened to the Commanders front office since Danny took over and it is way too early to make any bold predictions but I like the direction the Commanders are trending.

So yes, I LIKE THAT! I am not happy with mediocre but I like the direction.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about. We have a QB, and probably the 2nd best TE in the league. Yet you claim we only have Desean? LOL!

McCloughan added key talent through the draft and in-season free agent pickups and likely will continue to do so this offseason. The defense needs the most work. But we can build off Breeland, Kerrigan, Baker, Dunbar, Preston Smith and Kyshoen Jarrett.

And I don't want to hear jack **** about injuries in 2015. We had 14 players on season ending IR. None of them QB, but clearly this team survived off depth and smart roster management.

As a Commanders fan, I did like that, even though they lost. The Commanders have proven that they are/were not world beaters or true "Superbowl contenders", but they won the division by beating the teams in their division (4-2) and on their schedule (9-7) just like they were supposed to. They deserved everything they accomplished, even in the playoff loss to the Packers. They got better as the season progressed, mostly because of the play of the QB aided by his TE and the presence of Desean Jackson. Through the regular season the defense gave up a lot of yards but had a tendency to tighten up as the field got shorter. The defense was very opportunistic in that it caused the most turnovers in the league and could not maintain either of those trends in the playoff game against Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

As a fan of a team that routinely picks in the top 10, I can honestly say I would rather pick in the last 12 every year than in the top 5 of any given year. As much of a crapshoot as the draft is, I cannot fathom anyone wanting losses in order to better their draft position, but that is just me and my opinion. A team's FO approach and scouting personnel is way more important than their draft position. Perennial playoff teams and those consistently picking in the top 10 prove this to be true. Historically, it has been a long time since the Commanders have drafted well enough to have the contributions from their draft picks like they did this year. That is both an indictment on the previous FO of the Commanders and an "atta boy" to the current GM, but the bar was set pretty low in year 1. I am optimistic about Scott McCloughan's fingerprints he is putting on the Commanders. Mediocre is better than bad and I hope they keep getting better.

Whether or not Cousins is a franchise QB is yet to be determined but I am cautiously optimistic. He made progress and that is what you want from a young QB. I have my fingers crossed. I feel the hiring of a true GM and letting him mold the roster is the single most important thing that has happened to the Commanders front office since Danny took over and it is way too early to make any bold predictions but I like the direction the Commanders are trending.

So yes, I LIKE THAT! I am not happy with mediocre but I like the direction.

Next time, consider waiting a couple of years before printing up towels to support a slogan that may not be there in a couple of years if your young QB doesn't continue to progress. I do love your TE but that's the only thing I personally like about the skins.

What a true waste of cloth. Perhaps you have a homeless contingent in DC that can use those towels to wipe their *****. Something positive has to come of that...

It was a real pleasure watching the paper NFCE champions get bounced in the 1st round (as expected). It is also a pleasure to know that the skins are indeed on the rise so we can finally have true restoration of the best rivalry in football.

Just remember one thing... We beat dat donk this year without our field general and a dude by the name of Matt Cassel running things. Let that one marinate for one offseason and call me in May.

Last edited: