You think Mike buys or sells Hot Boyz name?

kskboys

Reaction score
OK, after hearing definitions and explanations and such, I've come to a new conclusion concerning this nickname: It's even more revulsive, loathsome, and utterly disgusting than I at first thought.

plymkr

Reaction score
Prepared to be really surprised. That nickname isn't going away.
I hope not. I'm tired of that name. You know what has always bugged me about The Hot Boyz nickname. Besides the fact it sounds stupid and embarrassing, IMO. When a defense gets a nickname it should be a good defense. Like a defense that can dictate a game, shut down the other offense, create turnovers. Like Doomsday defense or the purple people eaters, the Steel curtain. Offenses feared those defenses. Another thing I hate about the Hot Boyz nickname is they gave it to themselves. You can't give yourself a nickname. The media or opponents do that, or the fans. You can't announce one day, "hey we had a couple good games so we're The Hot Boyz". Stupid. I don't know, it's embarrassing having our defense named after a boy band that they gave themselves.

Flamma

Reaction score
Another fun fact: The current decade is not over until the end of 2020.

Yeah but football decades are a bit different. So when you talk about a 90s team for example, they mean from 90-99.

Flamma

Reaction score
You don't relate to their lifestyle and what they listen to. Hot Boys is a term from the late 80 and 90s in New Orleans. It was a term for someone respected in the streets and notorious for selling drugs. One who brings a lot of attention to them by their peers and the cops. Someone who commits a lot of crimes. And then a rap group from New Orleans took the term and made a rap group of it. If you ever heard of Lil Wayne, he was in this group at a young age.

Did they also suck? Because the Cowboys Dline sure did.

Flamma

Reaction score
No HC likes nicknames unless earned. The Rams didn't name themselves the Fearsome Foursome or the Vikings The Purple People Eaters or the Jets Gang Green or the Cowboys Doomsday Defense or the Steelers The Steel Curtain, they were all named by sportswriters or announcers. Even Miami's No Name Defense was named by the writer at the Herald.

I do not recall which writer dubbed them Doomsday, might have been Blackie Sherrod for the Star or Luksa for the DMN.

I thought that was the Eagles, or the Jets D in general. I remember a different one for the Jets Dline.

cristglo

Reaction score
Sell......quickly
Funny thing is DLaw could be the only left by the time the season starts. Taco ( who started it) is already gone. Crawford, Woods, and Collins may be gone as well. I can see Mike finding a way to respectfully tell DLaw to shut it now at least for now until there's some serious skin on the wall.
In other words, I'd be really surprised if we hear Hot Boyzs again.......
Man I hope so Never liked the name to begin with, Earn it!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
While I think the nickname is stupid, I would hope McCarthy doesn’t waste a second thinking about something like this.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sell......quickly
Funny thing is DLaw could be the only left by the time the season starts. Taco ( who started it) is already gone. Crawford, Woods, and Collins may be gone as well. I can see Mike finding a way to respectfully tell DLaw to shut it now at least for now until there's some serious skin on the wall.
I doubt Mike will waste any time worrying one way or another about a nickname

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
It was a term for someone respected in the streets and notorious for selling drugs. Someone who commits a lot of crimes.

You are entitled to your opinion but for me that's not something I want players on my team to aspire to or hold up as something good or positive. That's not being a boomer, that's just being a decent human being.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Sell......quickly
SELL, SELL, SELL ......... THEN SELL SOME MORE.

Tanks overpaid azz does one thing and only one thing well.........run his mouf.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Woods is an ERFA, he will be back, I think they try to keep Collins, depending the price as well, does he fit into Nolan's defense.
Crawford should be gone though, time to move on from him. Actually was past due.

I hope they trash that nickname, but doubt it. Maybe he tells DLaw to start performing before he starts yapping.
Woods and Collins are JAG’s at best and they suck outside of a decent play here and there. Give me Shelton or DJ Reader and Hargrave in FA and Kinlaw in draft and then we have something.

garyo1954

Reaction score
As long as they play like the Little Rascals, ain't nobody paying attention to a nickname.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I think they keep collins. I have no idea why they even considered such a cheesy nickname.

I want the Doomsday defense back.
If your worth your slat, than the fan base gives you a name, because you have earned it.
Its really weak and lame if you have to give yourself a name...SMH

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
One of the worst nicknames I’ve ever heard. Anything that could be confused with a boy band or a gay bar is never a good idea.

stiletto

Reaction score
One of the worst nicknames I’ve ever heard. Anything that could be confused with a boy band or a gay bar is never a good idea.

LOL. I was always thinking it sounded like something the biker gang at the Blue Oyster Bar in Police Academy would call themselves....