You vehicle (SUV) purchase and use experiences... Honda, Toyota etc?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;2563641 said:
Not a SUV but Challengers are nice :)

minus having the same engine as that bastid version of a charger yes ;)

my blazer has been good. put a cold air intake on so my mpg went up a lil bit so im at ~17c/21hwy

http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/truck.jpg

thats mine, they have a 4 door version. the newer version the Trailblazers are better in all regards. cept for the SS model when it comes to mpg it gets the same...but it has an engine that was in a sports car what do you expect (400hp of fun)?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the kid 05;2565067 said:

my blazer has been good. put a cold air intake on so my mpg went up a lil bit so im at ~17c/21hwy

http://i43.***BLOCKED***/albums/e390/KoRnKiD05/truck.jpg

thats mine, they have a 4 door version. the newer version the Trailblazers are better in all regards. cept for the SS model when it comes to mpg it gets the same...but it has an engine that was in a sports car what do you expect (400hp of fun)?

*zooming in on the plate* Yes officer there is a crazy person driving a chevy blazer down the interstate. :D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the kid 05;2565067 said:

--------------------

I got a trailblazer and unfortunately, it's a color everybody has so I want to do some things to make it look different. You have some of the exact same things I considered adding. At this point, I'm just going with rims and tinted windows.

I don't know all the tech specs other than it's a v-6 and I love it.

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y164/nbr1diva/V20080829164047.jpg

the kid 05

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2565084 said:
*zooming in on the plate* Yes officer there is a crazy person driving a chevy blazer down the interstate. :D
You forgot going the wrong way yelling "Why jerry why?!"

WoodysGirl;2565111 said:
I got a trailblazer and unfortunately, it's a color everybody has so I want to do some things to make it look different. You have some of the exact same things I considered adding. At this point, I'm just going with rims and tinted windows.

I don't know all the tech specs other than it's a v-6 and I love it.

{snip}

I get "talked" to by the local P.O.'s about just my passenger window being tinted a slight bit. I wanted to match the fronts to the back but its not worth the 75$ ticket (but it will be on my camaro:)) I need rims still they are just shined with an alloy shiner i found.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the kid 05;2565122 said:
You forgot going the wrong way yelling "Why jerry why?!"

I get "talked" to by the local P.O.'s about just my passenger window being tinted a slight bit. I wanted to match the fronts to the back but its not worth the 75$ ticket (but it will be on my camaro:)) I need rims still they are just shined with an alloy shiner i found.
I think it's the triple whammy factor for you. You're young, male, and driving a red vehicle. Attn-getter.

I've put tinted windows on every vehicle I've owned; never had a problem. I don't foresee that changing. Rims and I'm going to put my old CD changer back in it and that'll be about it for me tho I am debating a color change. I hate that everywhere I go, I'll see the same color trailblazer.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2565136 said:
I think it's the triple whammy factor for you. You're young, male, and driving a red vehicle. Attn-getter.

I've put tinted windows on every vehicle I've owned; never had a problem. I don't foresee that changing. Rims and I'm going to put my old CD changer back in it and that'll be about it for me tho I am debating a color change. I hate that everywhere I go, I'll see the same color trailblazer.

I'm not changing any thing on my truck. If I ever trade it in I don't want to have to take anything off of it I want to keep.

Although I have been considering putting in a different stereo. It doesn't have an aux jack for an mp3 player and the fm tuners aren't very good.

the kid 05

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2565136 said:

You forgot handsome (kidding, im not that egotistical) and they say its easier being a guy ;)

If you get it re-sprayed make sure its a reputiable place, my friends dad went to some no name shop and a year and a half later it was chipping and peeling.

I need to get my subs fixed seeing how we are on the subject of cd changers

the kid 05

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2565159 said:
I'm not changing any thing on my truck. If I ever trade it in I don't want to have to take anything off of it I want to keep.

Although I have been considering putting in a different stereo. It doesn't have an aux jack for an mp3 player and the fm tuners aren't very good.

what kinda truck do you have? Are you interested in the new HD-Radios at all (no extra cost like XM and Satalite)

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the kid 05;2565163 said:
what kinda truck do you have? Are you interested in the new HD-Radios at all (no extra cost like XM and Satalite)

Explorer but if I buy one it will be an inexpensive one I won't mind losing if I trade it in.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the kid 05;2565160 said:
You forgot handsome (kidding, im not that egotistical) and they say its easier being a guy ;)

If you get it re-sprayed make sure its a reputiable place, my friends dad went to some no name shop and a year and a half later it was chipping and peeling.

I need to get my subs fixed seeing how we are on the subject of cd changers
I'm gonna talk to my brother about painting my truck. He had his old suburban painted, so I figure I'll go to wherever he recommends. That's not a high priority for me, tho.

My only concern about my CD changer is that it now might be considered too outdated. I don't know. I'll talk to the guys at the shop who'll install it and see if I need a minor upgrade.

the kid 05

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2565177 said:
Explorer but if I buy one it will be an inexpensive one I won't mind losing if I trade it in.
heres a few for you to gander at, 3 of the 5 have your front port aux for your mp3 player.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_300/Car-Receivers.html?tp=5684&nvpair=AG_General_Features|FFBuilt%40in_HD_Radio_Tuner&nvpair=FFPrice_Range|[rank1]Up+to+%24150

WoodysGirl;2565179 said:
I'm gonna talk to my brother about painting my truck. He had his old suburban painted, so I figure I'll go to wherever he recommends. That's not a high priority for me, tho.

My only concern about my CD changer is that it now might be considered too outdated. I don't know. I'll talk to the guys at the shop who'll install it and see if I need a minor upgrade.

how olds the cd changer? my mom just put her cd changer that shes had since i was like 5 in her 07 altima, I dont think it should be to big of a deal tho.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the kid 05;2565191 said:
how olds the cd changer? my mom just put her cd changer that shes had since i was like 5 in her 07 altima, I dont think it should be to big of a deal tho.
Not sure, but only a few years. Somewhere between 5-7. I haven't used it since I got my trailblazer. It's been sitting up for three years.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
YoMick;2564856 said:
So... I wanted to ask you.... have you heard about the Dealership in Davie, Fl. They are supposed to be real deal. You buy one Dodge Ram and get another vehicle free. I know scams are scams... but I heard they closed 40 deals already.

Any news?

Thanks

Just curious... not looking for a Dodge.

No Mick. Davie is about 4 hours south of me and have not heard anything about it. I know you can buy a house in Florida and get a Lexus if that helps. :) Buy the house, get a bailout on terms and principal from the govenment and keep the Lexus.