You want a Dak Trade, see Russell Wilson's Compensation and stats

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yes another Dak thread, but let's spin in it in a different manner in terms of what we could/should get in a trade compared to what Seattle received in compensation for Wilson. I also will post his stats before the trade

Compensation: The trade to Denver for Russell Wilson, Seattle gained Denver's 2022, and 2023 1st Round Draft picks, 2022 and 2023 2nd round draft picks, and a 2022 5th round draft picks. They also received players (Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, and Drew Lock)

In Wilson's final year as the Seahawk's QB, he threw for 3,113 yards, 25 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. It should be noted that he finished the season with a 7-10 record, the worst record since his arrival.

Dak Presscott 2023 season he passed for 4,516 yards, 36 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Dak clearly had a MUCH better season (if this is his last actual season with us, it remains to be seen)!

Based on these comparisons, and knowing how GREAT Wilson turned out for the Broncos, would ANY team be willing to give such compensation? Dare I add, MORE compensation based off his last season (Dak). If you're a smart front office, you look at this deal, and you see if you can get more or something extremely close! Can we get that if we even thought about trading Dak? Please give your thoughts.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think any team would be foolish to give up that much for nearly any player in the NFL at this point AND pay them a top dollar new contract. Honestly if Dak were to be traded I think you're looking at something closer to Aaron Rodgers type of compensation than Russ.

Creeper

Reaction score
A better comp might be Stafford going to the Rams. The Lions got 1 first round picks, Goff, and a 3rd round pick. Convert Goff to picks and that's what the Cowboys should expect for Dak.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
My gosh, I would take that package of draft picks for the chokemaster in a heartbeat. That's a dream scenario.

I don't imagine Dak would fetch that though, even without a no trade clause. He could grab a nice contract though- think Kirk Cousins type money. Not a bad gig if you can get it.

HMJYay

Reaction score
One, in his career Wilson has had multiple better seasons than Dak. He’s won 9 playoff games and a Super Bowl and been to a second.

Two, the Broncos were fleeced and the next team will learn from their mistake. The Cowboys would get a 2nd for Dak, maybe a 2nd and 3rd. GM’s know they would still be looking for their franchise QB and he would be a veteran stop gap.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think any team would be foolish to give up that much for nearly any player in the NFL at this point AND pay them a top dollar new contract. Honestly if Dak were to be traded I think you're looking at something closer to Aaron Rodgers type of compensation than Russ.
I started to look at that, maybe I should have, my bad!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
My gosh, I would take that package of draft picks for the chokemaster in a heartbeat. That's a dream scenario.

I don't imagine Dak would fetch that though, even without a no trade clause. He could grab a nice contract though- think Kirk Cousins type money. Not a bad gig if you can get it.
I think that's what Jerry wants to give him, and Dak feels that he's not on that level and wants more

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
One, in his career Wilson has had multiple better seasons than Dak. He’s won 9 playoff games and a Super Bowl and been to a second.

Two, the Broncos were fleeced and the next team will learn from their mistake. The Cowboys would get a 2nd for Dak, maybe a 2nd and 3rd. GM’s know they would still be looking for their franchise QB and he would be a veteran stop gap.
looooool I hear ya

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yes another Dak thread, but let's spin in it in a different manner in terms of what we could/should get in a trade compared to what Seattle received in compensation for Wilson. I also will post his stats before the trade

Compensation: The trade to Denver for Russell Wilson, Seattle gained Denver's 2022, and 2023 1st Round Draft picks, 2022 and 2023 2nd round draft picks, and a 2022 5th round draft picks. They also received players (Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, and Drew Lock)

In Wilson's final year as the Seahawk's QB, he threw for 3,113 yards, 25 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. It should be noted that he finished the season with a 7-10 record, the worst record since his arrival.

Dak Presscott 2023 season he passed for 4,516 yards, 36 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Dak clearly had a MUCH better season (if this is his last actual season with us, it remains to be seen)!

Based on these comparisons, and knowing how GREAT Wilson turned out for the Broncos, would ANY team be willing to give such compensation? Dare I add, MORE compensation based off his last season (Dak). If you're a smart front office, you look at this deal, and you see if you can get more or something extremely close! Can we get that if we even thought about trading Dak? Please give your thoughts.
Dak does not want to be traded and the Joneses don’t want to trade Dak. Why keep rehashing this. Dak’s agent wants him to test free agency because Dak will be the biggest free agent ever. 32 year old All-Pro quarterback equals $$$. Jerry has a history of making his employees earn their salaries with the Cowboys. But to play your game I could see the Raiders and Denver being interested in trading for Dak right now.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Wilson is washed. Dak has thrown for over 30 tds three out the last five seasons and the two he didn't he was hurt.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A better comp might be Stafford going to the Rams. The Lions got 1 first round picks, Goff, and a 3rd round pick. Convert Goff to picks and that's what the Cowboys should expect for Dak.
That also isn’t a great comp, because LA actually had to paid extra to coerce the Lions into taking Goff’s undesirable contract. So you subtract for that, not add

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This is not an appropriate comp. The last healthy season before Russell was traded he had 42 TDs for his 5th 34+ TD season. In his Seattle career he won 9 playoff games, appeared in 2 SBs and has a ring.
You are completely right. Not only is Dak a playoff loser his whole career, he simply never had or will ever had the ARM TALENT that a Wilson or Stafford had.

Again: whatever you as a Cowboy fan would feel OK with Jerry Jones trading for KIRK COUSINS (if he were available), should be the trade compensation you expect for Prescott.

And not only is Prescott not in the same category career wise or talent wise as Wilson...but even with the Wilson trade the entire NFL world sees what a disaster it was, and how it has crippled Denver for the foreseeable future. And you think some GM wants to mimic that, with a QB with a much lower pedigree?

The Zaney Zoners in here will never be able to distinguish what WILL happen, vs what they WANT to happen.

This thread is just going to mess the Zaney's up even more than they are.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Dak isn't Stafford.

Stafford had an elite arm you only see once every few years.

Dak had an average arm you see 100 times every year.

Zero 1st rd picks for Dak.

Probably zero 2nd rd picks.

jgboys1

Reaction score
This entire Dak this is weird. In one case, he was runner up for the MVP of the league but I know you can never win a championship with him unless you have the 85 Bears defense and a all world running game.

If I were a GM of a team, I would not want Dak on my team unless I had a stacked team that was dominant on both side of the ball.

I do not think, in this salary cap error, there is such a team, so I would be shocked if anyone traded for him.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Wilson is washed. Dak has thrown for over 30 tds three out the last five seasons and the two he didn't he was hurt.
He also led the league in interceptions two years ago and just has another bad playoff performance. He also played badly against all good competition this last year. His stock is not up.

Wilson had a very successful tenure with the Seahawks that Dak can’t wasn’t close to. He was traded with his stock up. I’m not saying he played good with the Broncos. My point is the Broncos were burned and teams will learn from it. No one is giving a first for Dak. The teams in need of a QB will be drafting at the top of the round and won’t want to give that up. Teams at the end of the first generally don’t need a QB. I could very well see a 2nd. But, I’ve also been wrong many times before! It’s all a mute point because Dak isn’t going to waive the clause to play for a bad team.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
It would be fun to see how Dak would perform playing for a different team- say an average NFL team.