You want a Dak Trade, see Russell Wilson's Compensation and stats

Sandyf

Reaction score
Fans tend to way in on their thoughts if they like Dak or they hate Dak instead of why a team would for Dak.

1st, the only teams that would trade for Dak are those who need a QB but have wins that put them in the middle of the draft. So you are looking at Minnesota, Denver, Las Vegas, Seattle and even the Rams. Also, remember that 4 of those top six QBs will most likely be no more than journey QBs based on the odds.

2nd, a team that believes they are a QB away from the playoffs and winning it all despite the odds. That seems more likely Minnesota or Seattle or maybe the Rams. Remember Stafford is staying because the Rams have no one behind him because he wanted to retire the end of season.

3rd, who has the draft capital to pull off the trade or willing to scarfice next year's draft for one. Also who is desperate for now.

4th, the price is never what fans think. Wilson had been declining for several years yet he drew a lot of picks with a huge contract. Regardless of what you think about Dak, he will bring more than you believe.

Lastly, IMO if Minnesota can't move up for either Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy then it wouldn't surprise me to see them offer their 2 1st and more for Dak if Jerry was willing to trade him and (not or) Dak was willing to go and that would only be if a new contract is agreed to before the trade is done.

Typical Jerry and we won't know anything until it happens.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Fans tend to way in on their thoughts if they like Dak or they hate Dak instead of why a team would for Dak.

1st, the only teams that would trade for Dak are those who need a QB but have wins that put them in the middle of the draft. So you are looking at Minnesota, Denver, Las Vegas, Seattle and even the Rams. Also, remember that 4 of those top six QBs will most likely be no more than journey QBs based on the odds.

2nd, a team that believes they are a QB away from the playoffs and winning it all despite the odds. That seems more likely Minnesota or Seattle or maybe the Rams. Remember Stafford is staying because the Rams have no one behind him because he wanted to retire the end of season.

3rd, who has the draft capital to pull off the trade or willing to scarfice next year's draft for one. Also who is desperate for now.

4th, the price is never what fans think. Wilson had been declining for several years yet he drew a lot of picks with a huge contract. Regardless of what you think about Dak, he will bring more than you believe.

Lastly, IMO if Minnesota can't move up for either Drake Maye or J.J. McCarthy then it wouldn't surprise me to see them offer their 2 1st and more for Dak if Jerry was willing to trade him and (not or) Dak was willing to go and that would only be if a new contract is agreed to before the trade is done.

Typical Jerry and we won't know anything until it happens.
Yes we would know. Teams may only negotiate with a player’s agent (unless they represent themselves) and a team would have to have the Cowboys organization’s expressed consent to negotiate with Dak’s agent. The league office and NFLPA would have to be notified first, so it would be public knowledge at that point. Jerry has not given any team or Dak’s agent permission to negotiate a contract for Dak. In fact, on March 18 Jerry paid Dak $5 million. Every indication points to Jerry keeping Dak for this season. Hence his comment the Dak’s contract is “locked and loaded for this year”. Trade talk, in deference to Dak, is nothing more than fans fantasizing.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you're a smart front office, you look at this deal, and you see if you can get more or something extremely close! Can we get that if we even thought about trading Dak? Please give your thoughts.
I'd be thrilled with a third of what Seattle got for Wilson.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes we would know. Teams may only negotiate with a player’s agent (unless they represent themselves) and a team would have to have the Cowboys organization’s expressed consent to negotiate with Dak’s agent. The league office and NFLPA would have to be notified first, so it would be public knowledge at that point. Jerry has not given any team or Dak’s agent permission to negotiate a contract for Dak. In fact, on March 18 Jerry paid Dak $5 million. Every indication points to Jerry keeping Dak for this season. Hence his comment the Dak’s contract is “locked and loaded for this year”. Trade talk, in deference to Dak, is nothing more than fans fantasizing.
5mil is a reasonable price to pay for the option to shop Dak for picks instead of releasing him outright.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't think that's true. The player & agent like to get contracts that provide future security, money up front, & guard against injury or decline. Teams are fine giving up some competition if they are sold on an established player and can ensure they get their guy. Sure, everyone would like to get the best deal possible but they also know there aren't any guarantees and sometimes you just gotta get the best deal available at the time.
Dak is already financial secure. Playing for a team that gives up a lot of picks would not be in his best interest.

LocoBates

Reaction score
This entire Dak this is weird. In one case, he was runner up for the MVP of the league but I know you can never win a championship with him unless you have the 85 Bears defense and a all world running game.

If I were a GM of a team, I would not want Dak on my team unless I had a stacked team that was dominant on both side of the ball.

I do not think, in this salary cap error, there is such a team, so I would be shocked if anyone traded for him.
And that's why hitting the FA is a risk rather than an opportunity for Prescott.

I am surprised his camp hasn't accommodated a friendly or less demanding deal. The way I see it for him is, take 50M a year (which already is Alot! ) With the Team that is known for covering your mediocrity, or, hit the FA and good luck finding a Team willing to spend 20%~25% of their Sal Cap on you, get exposed and show the world the farce you are.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dak is already financial secure. Playing for a team that gives up a lot of picks would not be in his best interest.
But he's not willing to play for free ... & his agent wants his commission. They both want to be more secure.

No one is going to give up a ton of picks for him & pay him so that isn't a consideration. My point was there are reasons for his side & another team to act now rather than wait for him to hit free agency.

Aven8

Reaction score
Only way to find out is to make a call….

I’m calling the Raiders and Minny first

Proof

Reaction score
One, in his career Wilson has had multiple better seasons than Dak. He’s won 9 playoff games and a Super Bowl and been to a second.

Two, the Broncos were fleeced and the next team will learn from their mistake. The Cowboys would get a 2nd for Dak, maybe a 2nd and 3rd. GM’s know they would still be looking for their franchise QB and he would be a veteran stop gap.
this is true, but russ also looked to be somewhat over the hill while dak just put up an mvp caliber season and is younger.

Chasing6

Reaction score
But he's not willing to play for free ... & his agent wants his commission. They both want to be more secure.

No one is going to give up a ton of picks for him & pay him so that isn't a consideration. My point was there are reasons for his side & another team to act now rather than wait for him to hit free agency.
He is not going anywhere.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
5mil is a reasonable price to pay for the option to shop Dak for picks instead of releasing him outright.
By now, if Jerry had any interest in trading Dak, he’d have asked Dak’s agent what team he’d be willing to agree to be traded to. And since every team knows Dak is controlling any trade scenario they’d know Dak has selected only them and they would offer next to nothing for him.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
By now, if Jerry had any interest in trading Dak, he’d have asked Dak’s agent what team he’d be willing to agree to be traded to. And since every team knows Dak is controlling any trade scenario they’d know Dak has selected only them and they would offer next to nothing for him.
Which *teams*.