You want a Dak Trade, see Russell Wilson's Compensation and stats

Brax

Reaction score
Yes another Dak thread, but let's spin in it in a different manner in terms of what we could/should get in a trade compared to what Seattle received in compensation for Wilson. I also will post his stats before the trade

Compensation: The trade to Denver for Russell Wilson, Seattle gained Denver's 2022, and 2023 1st Round Draft picks, 2022 and 2023 2nd round draft picks, and a 2022 5th round draft picks. They also received players (Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, and Drew Lock)

In Wilson's final year as the Seahawk's QB, he threw for 3,113 yards, 25 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. It should be noted that he finished the season with a 7-10 record, the worst record since his arrival.

Dak Presscott 2023 season he passed for 4,516 yards, 36 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Dak clearly had a MUCH better season (if this is his last actual season with us, it remains to be seen)!

Based on these comparisons, and knowing how GREAT Wilson turned out for the Broncos, would ANY team be willing to give such compensation? Dare I add, MORE compensation based off his last season (Dak). If you're a smart front office, you look at this deal, and you see if you can get more or something extremely close! Can we get that if we even thought about trading Dak? Please give your thoughts.
I would be happy with a 4th to make up for the mistake made in 2016

Bigdog

Reaction score
I would say no we will not get that. The one thing that Wilson has over Dak is he has played in the SB twice and won it once. Dak can't even get out of the first round

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yes another Dak thread, but let's spin in it in a different manner in terms of what we could/should get in a trade compared to what Seattle received in compensation for Wilson. I also will post his stats before the trade

Compensation: The trade to Denver for Russell Wilson, Seattle gained Denver's 2022, and 2023 1st Round Draft picks, 2022 and 2023 2nd round draft picks, and a 2022 5th round draft picks. They also received players (Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, and Drew Lock)

In Wilson's final year as the Seahawk's QB, he threw for 3,113 yards, 25 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. It should be noted that he finished the season with a 7-10 record, the worst record since his arrival.

Dak Presscott 2023 season he passed for 4,516 yards, 36 touchdowns and 9 interceptions. Dak clearly had a MUCH better season (if this is his last actual season with us, it remains to be seen)!

Based on these comparisons, and knowing how GREAT Wilson turned out for the Broncos, would ANY team be willing to give such compensation? Dare I add, MORE compensation based off his last season (Dak). If you're a smart front office, you look at this deal, and you see if you can get more or something extremely close! Can we get that if we even thought about trading Dak? Please give your thoughts.
Why would a team trade for Dak, when they can simply get him for free next year? Why would Dak want to waive his no trade clause to gut his future team?

The delusion needs to come to an end. It sounds amazing from a Cowboys perspective. However it makes no sense for anyone else.

Dak is going to benefit from a bidding war as a free agent. Whether his asking price is going to be for the most amount of money possible or for a team that has a legit shot of making a playoff run.

I think you most of you will be surprised when he picks a team with a solid running game and a good defense.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Dallas will get nothing for Dak Prescott in trade because he does not want to be traded. His agent secured the NTC precisely so he and Dak can reach free agency and seek the deal he likes best. I doubt Dak takes it personally. He and his agent were hardline last time they negotiated, it’s safe to assume they will be again. They may not get everything they want, but they’ll get the most they possibly can. I think France understands the business of NFL franchises and player compensation. The Cowboys should do what they feel is in their best interest. He and Dak intend to do the same. It’s not unusual, nor does it matter all that much. Someone else will be the Cowboys’ quarterback. Dak will be some other team’s quarterback.

khiladi

Reaction score
One, in his career Wilson has had multiple better seasons than Dak. He’s won 9 playoff games and a Super Bowl and been to a second.

Two, the Broncos were fleeced and the next team will learn from their mistake. The Cowboys would get a 2nd for Dak, maybe a 2nd and 3rd. GM’s know they would still be looking for their franchise QB and he would be a veteran stop gap.
And the Broncos, despite being fleeced, moved on…

khiladi

Reaction score
This entire Dak this is weird. In one case, he was runner up for the MVP of the league but I know you can never win a championship with him unless you have the 85 Bears defense and a all world running game.

If I were a GM of a team, I would not want Dak on my team unless I had a stacked team that was dominant on both side of the ball.

I do not think, in this salary cap error, there is such a team, so I would be shocked if anyone traded for him.
I’d still not want him. Part of the reason is a stacked team is still limited by his “brain”. Still can’t process the field fast enough and will choke in the play-offs.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I would say no we will not get that. The one thing that Wilson has over Dak is he has played in the SB twice and won it once. Dak can't even get out of the first round
I wouldn't say "that's the one thing he has over Dak"

.... more like: "one thing he has over dak..." (because then it leaves room for the other things he has over Dak....like ARM Talent, etc)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Broncos were fools to trade what they did for Wilson who was clearly in decline.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
dak would have to first agree to a trade, and maybe that is why jones boys didnt replace any that they lost?
maybe they want dak to agree to a trade.

Thing is if they traded him whatever they get in picks, or players would be better than the nothing you get if he walks.
They might get some good picks, you never know till you try,

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
A better comp might be Stafford going to the Rams. The Lions got 1 first round picks, Goff, and a 3rd round pick. Convert Goff to picks and that's what the Cowboys should expect for Dak.
Exactly right. Dak and Stafford are a great comparison, though I know how much that unsettles ppl here.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

why should i care about denver getting fleeced to feel better about the cowboys doing it?

such odd logic.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Why would a team trade for Dak, when they can simply get him for free next year? Why would Dak want to waive his no trade clause to gut his future team?

The delusion needs to come to an end. It sounds amazing from a Cowboys perspective. However it makes no sense for anyone else.

Dak is going to benefit from a bidding war as a free agent. Whether his asking price is going to be for the most amount of money possible or for a team that has a legit shot of making a playoff run.

I think you most of you will be surprised when he picks a team with a solid running game and a good defense.
I don't think that's true. The player & agent like to get contracts that provide future security, money up front, & guard against injury or decline. Teams are fine giving up some competition if they are sold on an established player and can ensure they get their guy. Sure, everyone would like to get the best deal possible but they also know there aren't any guarantees and sometimes you just gotta get the best deal available at the time.

Wildcat711

Reaction score
This is not an appropriate comp. The last healthy season before Russell was traded he had 42 TDs for his 5th 34+ TD season. In his Seattle career he won 9 playoff games, appeared in 2 SBs and has a ring
and should have won the other if not for.. imo.. the worst play call in the history of the NFL.

plymkr

Reaction score
Please give your thoughts.
My first thought is at the time of the first trade from Seattle to Denver everyone around the league had a very high regard for Wilson as far as being a team guy. Then he became a prima Donna and his play decreased. With decreased play and massively inflated ego he tore the locker room apart.

Right now Dak would get good compensation because he’s regarded around the league as a leader and a good locker room guy.