You Want Garrett Fired

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want him fired. That is absolutely reasonable. Garrett has had nine years to produce a Super Bowl appearance or victory.

You know Garrett will get fired due to a condition you think is reasonable. Unfortunately, both your mind and Jerry Jones' mind are wired differently.

Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, during the offseason, three months after his franchise won a second consecutive Super Bowl. In contrast, Jerry Jones has retained Jason Garrett after three consecutive .500 seasons, 2015 ( :facepalm: ), and watching losses it looked like even he wanted to throw up.

Again, you want Garrett fired. Do you really know the person who will do the actual firing? You know. It is the same guy who has not kicked Garrett to the curb every occasion you declared "I know THIS time Jerruh has seen enough!!!!!!!" umpteen times during the past nine years.

This is the guy who will hand Garrett his eventual pink slip:

jerry-jones.jpg

Setting aside a few moments to finally consider what is truly going on behind those Johnnie Walker Blue Label eyes may provide a missing clue why you continually get Garrett's termination date wrong. Bonus clue: the guy seen above is not the person you see in the mirror every day. Which is a good thing. Just look at that face. Poor Gene. She partly owns a $250 million dollar yacht to muddle through that daily migraine though.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is my only issue with head coaching Dallas Cowboys football. What head coach with any self-respect. Would take over a football team without having total control who would put their reputation on the line like that. I believe other than a new Young startup or somebody coming up in the ranks that's already on our staff. I just don't see it happening. Not while Jerry is in charge

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Unless Jerry stays out of the hiring process or at least the search, then it will not matter if Garrett is replaced. Jerry has never hired a HC that will take charge unless he needs something. Other than Jimmy and Parcells, all the HCs have essentially been the same person, which is relatively passive and with experience on one side of the ball and never known for being a legit NFL HC. I doubt the next HC will be any different.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You want him fired. That is absolutely reasonable. Garrett has had nine years to produce a Super Bowl appearance or victory.

You know Garrett will get fired due to a condition first of all Jerry did not fire Jimmy think is reasonable. Unfortunately, both your mind and Jerry Jones' mind are wired differently.

Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, during the offseason, three months after his franchise won a second consecutive Super Bowl. In contrast, Jerry Jones has retained Jason Garrett after three consecutive .500 seasons, 2015 ( :facepalm: ), and watching losses it looked like even he wanted to throw up.

Again, you want Garrett fired. Do you really know the person who will do the actual firing? You know. It is the same guy who has not kicked Garrett to the curb every occasion you declared "I know THIS time Jerruh has seen enough!!!!!!!" umpteen times during the past nine years.

jerry-jones.jpg

Setting aside a few moments to finally consider what is truly going on behind those Johnnie Walker Blue Label eyes may provide a missing clue why you continually get Garrett's termination date wrong. Bonus clue: the guy seen above is not the person you see in the mirror every day. Which is a good thing. Just look at that face. Poor Gene. She partly owns a $250 million dollar yacht to muddle through that daily migraine though.
First of all Jerry did not fire Jimmy. I don't know why people keep repeating that.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
This is my only issue with head coaching Dallas Cowboys football. What head coach with any self-respect. Would take over a football team without having total control who would put their reputation on the line like that. I believe other than a new Young startup or somebody coming up in the ranks that's already on our staff. I just don't see it happening. Not while Jerry is in charge

Do not kid yourself. If Jerry gave up control then there would be several HCs that would want to be the Cowboys HC. However I do not see Jerry changing because he does not need anything like he did when Parcells was hired.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

You know Garrett will get fired due to a condition you think is reasonable. Unfortunately, both your mind and Jerry Jones' mind are wired differently.

jerry-jones.jpg

Motivation. Two-minute game management. I think Kellen Moore or Kris Richard could bolt handle those duties

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DE, I keep trying to tell them but they won't listen. He does what he wants to do, not what he has to do or needs to do.
Well it might help things if you stopped reminding them Jones is one big ole booger!!! :p

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Do not kid yourself. If Jerry gave up control then there would be several HCs that would want to be the Cowboys HC. However I do not see Jerry changing because he does not need anything like he did when Parcells was hired.
Yeah but he won't like I said. So why are you repeating it

leeblair

Reaction score

jerry-jones.jpg

I used to want Garrett fired. Now I think Jerry deserves him.
But I would like to own the team and wait until a road game on national television and fire him in the 2nd quarter and tell him to find his own way back to Dallas.
The fans deserve better than what Jerry has put us through.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I used to want Garrett fired. Now I think Jerry deserves him.
But I would like to own the team and wait until a road game on national television and fire him in the 2nd quarter and tell him to find his own way back to Dallas.
The fans deserve better than what Jerry has put us through.
Jason Garrett wanted to build his team exactly the way Jimmy Johnson did in the pits first. He manipulated Jerry into doing so. William Maclay also played a big part in this. The only issue I have with Jason is as motivational skills

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Yeah but he won't like I said. So why are you repeating it

Only somewhat repeating. I am saying it will not matter if Garrett is replaced because Jerry will hire a similar type HC. It has more to do with who Jerry is willing to hire than who would be willing to take the job.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless Jerry stays out of the hiring process or at least the search, then it will not matter if Garrett is replaced. Jerry has never hired a HC that will take charge unless he needs something. Other than Jimmy and Parcells, all the HCs have essentially been the same person, which is relatively passive and with experience on one side of the ball and never known for being a legit NFL HC. I doubt the next HC will be any different.
The odds favor your opinion when weighing Gailey, Campo, Phillips, Garrett and even Switzer against Johnson and Parcells.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only somewhat repeating. I am saying it will not matter if Garrett is replaced because Jerry will hire a similar type HC. It has more to do with who Jerry is willing to hire than who would be willing to take the job.
different words, same meaning, I agree

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
^^^^^^ this...

that's the problem.

no real coach would be willing to come here unless Jerry throws a few extra million at them and promises to keep away (and he will probably do it for 2 years)...Jerry as much as said, he considers himself a coach (from the booth).

parcells came, changed the franchise and quit, because Jerry started meddling.

enter stage left the next coaching puppet

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Could be right. When do you think Moore or Richard might get their opportunities?
I'm truly hoping this is Jason's last season even if he wins the Division. I don't hope Kellen or Chris comes up to the head coaching position I would like to see a new Young startup. Someone from the Patriots Like Pat Patricia look what he did for the Lions. But again we know who our owner is