You Want Garrett Fired

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Smaller picture would have done the job. Not sure anyone needed to see individual pores on Jerry's face. This post needs a NSFL tag....or whatever CZ's equivalent is.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
your ignorance "disparages" the forum

prior to his SB IV appearance in 1970 Tom had coached the team for 10 years, with a 1 - 4 playoff record
then won SB V with maybe the most talented squad in NFL history
real Cowboy fans would know that

like Jason some wanted Landry gone, the simple ones that is,
both teams are built on prototype athletes at each position and hustle
both coaches accused of needing the best athletes at each position to win

their detractors say that's not possible - "all teams are equal you have use trick plays like so and so did last week"
fool always say such things
detractors said they didn't "hold players accountable" - like Gent, Meredith, and Hayes ... Dez, McClain, and Gregory
they also wanted a pocket passer like Morton ... I'll bet that's part of your hook too

like Jason, the simpletons wanted Tom gone and wished he'd never been hired, but a stubborn owner stuck with him

"atlanta" are you beginning to see the similarities? or do you need another lesson in Cowboy history?

the simpletons didn't like Tom because he wasn't emotional enough for their Jerry Springer style taste,
didn't yell at or call out players ... focused on execution and hustle ... not arguing publicly with the FO

probably, not the sort you'd would like "atlanta"

The stupidity is beyond belief. :facepalm: There WAS NO SUPER BOWL prior to 1967. Landry started with an expansion team in an era where players could not change teams. There was no free agency. It took Landry 5 years of patiently waiting for the next draft to add qaulity players. In 1966, Landry already had them in a conference championship ( a legendary game called the ice bowl") which is a feat Garret has yet to accomplish. Landry was revered among his peers and had won a title as the Giants DC. Garret was a green QB coach in Miami who was GIFTED his position in Dallas by an owner with a sweet tooth for him. Garret is a lampoon of a coach in comparison to Landry. Your only basis of comparison is Garrets futility which is a pathetic argument. Go root for the Eagles ya dolt.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Smaller picture would have done the job. Not sure anyone needed to see individual pores on Jerry's face. This post needs a NSFL tag....or whatever CZ's equivalent is.
Overkill was intentional. Smaller pictures have always had little or no effect.

Obviously, size does not matter. The thread's initial and central theme have been long abandoned. The Gigantor pic was intended to jar readers' concentration and keep discussion fixated on having readers self-reflect upon the single important question of, "Why does [insert reader's name] continually get Garrett's termination date wrong."

Number1

Reaction score
The stupidity is beyond belief. :facepalm: There WAS NO SUPER BOWL prior to 1967. Landry started with an expansion team in an era where players could not change teams. There was no free agency. It took Landry 5 years of patiently waiting for the next draft to add qaulity players. In 1966, Landry already had them in a conference championship ( a legendary game called the ice bowl") which is a feat Garret has yet to accomplish. Landry was revered among his peers and had won a title as the Giants DC. Garret was a green QB coach in Miami who was GIFTED his position in Dallas by an owner with a sweet tooth for him. Garret is a lampoon of a coach in comparison to Landry. Your only basis of comparison is Garrets futility which is a pathetic argument. Go root for the Eagles ya dolt.

aren't you a Pederson / Wentz fan, any more? or did you jumped to McVay / Goff?
or cheer for your FF team of the week since the real game is too deep for you

dude, you are jumping all over the place. BTW, why do facts always bother loud mouths like you?

I repeat before his first SB season Tom had a "1 - 4 playoff record" THAT'S A FACT
the 1 win was vs the Browns the week before the Ice Bowls loss.

BTW, the legendary Ice Bowl was rather boring and the game's legendary status always seemed odd to me
the Pack was a 9-4-1 team, the Boys 9-5 ... not exactly the '93 NFC title game
IMO, Vince cheated by purposely icing the field ... funny the stuff that spawns legends

at the end of 9 full seasons as HC, JG will have the better reg season and playoff win percentages - THAT'S A FACT
even if he loses the rest of the 2019 schedule

much like Garrett, there were a pack of fools who wanted Tom gone for very much the same silly reasons

I think you just don't like JG because he's ... not a "GIFTED" loud mouth like you

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Im just stating the facts. Nobody else in the League uses their tes the way Garrett does. Id like to see some dual slot wrs and dual rbs on occasion for years. I wanted to see beasely and austin and now Id like to see Cobb and Austin or Cobb and Pollard and less of these tes on 3rd down passing plays. I guarantee that extra receiver will take a LB off the field and make our offense faster and more potent. At least we'll have some speed and the tes will be fresh. Plus the Defense will have to defense us differently. I really dont understand why a little substitution draws such a reaction with fans. But it is what it is. I dont see why its so important for these tes to be involved on 3rd and long situations. They arent really converting too many of those plays anyways so why not?

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, but BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH and finally BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.