You Want Garrett Fired

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jones likes Moore also. Moore would not have become offensive coordinator without Jones' blessing.
I did say Jerry was the one that liked him and wanted to beef up his resume before the new HC arrives and cleans house. Think we are saying the same thing here.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Bengals fans wanted Lewis fired and they finally got what they wished for. Now their team is off to blistering 0-6 start with the new coach.

That said, I believe we have peaked with Garrett and am willing to take that risk.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all Jerry did not fire Jimmy. I don't know why people keep repeating that.
A mutually agreed upon parting between the two men is equivalent to a firing in my opinion. Johnson had a history of being a coaching nomad. He would have possibly left at some point of his own accord. However, it is also extremely likely Johnson would not have left the franchise for another few seasons IF Jones could have controlled his own narcissism and not force the non-issue.

Last edited:

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
A couple thoughts I want to throw out there.

A. JJ has kind of painted himself into a corner by not extending Garrett. If this season continues to go badly and JJ extends Garrett anyway the ramifications could be dire. Attendance could suffer & the media backlash would be severe.
B. There might be more potential Head Coaches willing to give take the job simply because of the talent level on the team. Not to mention the $$ and JJ likely making promises he wouldn't keep.
C. And this admittedly is wishful thinking.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A mutually agreed upon parting between the two men is equivalent to a firing in my opinion. Johnson had a history of being a coaching nomad. He would have possibility left at some point of his own accord. However, it is also extremely likely Johnson would not have left the franchise for another few seasons IF Jones could have controlled his own narcissism and not force the non-issue.
I understand that the story thoroughly. I'll go with mutual. I agree

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You want him fired. That is absolutely reasonable. Garrett has had nine years to produce a Super Bowl appearance or victory.

You know Garrett will get fired due to a condition you think is reasonable. Unfortunately, both your mind and Jerry Jones' mind are wired differently.

Jerry Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, during the offseason, three months after his franchise won a second consecutive Super Bowl. In contrast, Jerry Jones has retained Jason Garrett after three consecutive .500 seasons, 2015 ( :facepalm: ), and watching losses it looked like even he wanted to throw up.

Again, you want Garrett fired. Do you really know the person who will do the actual firing? You know. It is the same guy who has not kicked Garrett to the curb every occasion you declared "I know THIS time Jerruh has seen enough!!!!!!!" umpteen times during the past nine years.

This is the guy who will hand Garrett his eventual pink slip:

jerry-jones.jpg

Setting aside a few moments to finally consider what is truly going on behind those Johnnie Walker Blue Label eyes may provide a missing clue why you continually get Garrett's termination date wrong. Bonus clue: the guy seen above is not the person you see in the mirror every day. Which is a good thing. Just look at that face. Poor Gene. She partly owns a $250 million dollar yacht to muddle through that daily migraine though.
I think he deserves another couple of years.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did say Jerry was the one that liked him and wanted to beef up his resume before the new HC arrives and cleans house. Think we are saying the same thing here.
Kinda. I am saying Jones liked Garrett as a head coaching candidate with a brief resume. Jones made Garrett a head coach. Technically, Moore could possibly be a head coaching candidate with a brief resume. History could easily (remember this is Jerry Jones) repeat itself.

EJK24

Reaction score
Jason Garrett wanted to build his team exactly the way Jimmy Johnson did in the pits first. He manipulated Jerry into doing so. William Maclay also played a big part in this. The only issue I have with Jason is as motivational skills

I applaud them for getting the offensive line to be a priority because it was overdo.

I dont see the same investments being made in the defensive line which is really a shame because it's so obvious we need help there.

DeMarcus was a second round draft pick, which turned out to be a good pick even if right now hes not exactly lighting it up. Beside Lawrence, our defensive line has not been been good in a long time. They took a gamble on Gregory, Crawford was a third rounder but is average I would say at best. Hes not a real pass rush threat from what we have seen. We havent spent in free agency on a proven player or drafted a player who wasnt more of a project then sure thing in a long time. The real issue was not addressing the interior of the defensive line although alot of that can be attributed to Marinelli and his preference for certain types of guys at that position. I'm hoping there is a change in philosophy there asap because its hurting the defense.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
If that makes you feel better. I totally believe it was Mutual.
If that makes you feel better....I happened to be around and remember the post interviews, and JJ stated he "let" jimmy go. Mutual, I'm sure it was, Jimmy wasn't going to turn JJ over and stroke his buttocks saying things like, that's a good boy, ohh what a good boy, your so great, and wonderful ohh ohh

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If that makes you feel better....I happened to be around and remember the post interviews, and JJ stated he "let" jimmy go. Mutual, I'm sure it was, Jimmy wasn't going to turn JJ over and stroke his buttocks saying things like, that's a good boy, ohh what a good boy, your so great, and wonderful ohh ohh
Yes but your agenda goes towards bashing Jerry a little bit more. And I'm looking at this objectively and not going to do that. Whether it's Justified or not. It's not me to judge

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A couple thoughts I want to throw out there.

A. JJ has kind of painted himself into a corner by not extending Garrett. If this season continues to go badly and JJ extends Garrett anyway the ramifications could be dire. Attendance could suffer & the media backlash would be severe.
B. There might be more potential Head Coaches willing to give take the job simply because of the talent level on the team. Not to mention the $$ and JJ likely making promises he wouldn't keep.
C. And this admittedly is wishful thinking.
A: Jones has dealt with attendance challenges before and exceeded negative projections of naysayers and he relishes negative media sponsored publicity (he thinks he can always work it to his own advantage)
B. Agree
C: I can see where your wishful thinking could become reality

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kinda. I am saying Jones liked Garrett as a head coaching candidate with a brief resume. Jones made Garrett a head coach. Technically, Moore could possibly be a head coaching candidate with a brief resume. History could easily (remember this is Jerry Jones) repeat itself.
Possibly, but I do think if he brings in Riley he is going to think of it as his renaissance of Jimmy and let him assemble his own staff.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Yes but your agenda goes towards bashing Jerry a little bit more. And I'm looking at this objectively and not going to do that. Whether it's Justified or not. It's not me to judge
That's very true...I sometimes forget my place at the table and go off on the egotistical JWB maniac!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nate, name all of the HC's, not named Parcells, that have cleaned house with the coaching staff and even he kept Zimmer. From socks to jocks includes all coaches.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I'm truly hoping this is Jason's last season even if he wins the Division. I don't hope Kellen or Chris comes up to the head coaching position I would like to see a new Young startup. Someone from the Patriots Like Pat Patricia look what he did for the Lions. But again we know who our owner is

I mentioned Matt Patricia back when he was with the Patriots. I'm all for him coming to the Cowboys.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Possibly, but I do think if he brings in Riley he is going to think of it as his renaissance of Jimmy and let him assemble his own staff.
Not a chance, Riley doesn't even know where the bones are buried in the NFL coaching ranks, he's be just like Kingsbury. Just what Riley would need to do, bring a bunch of D coaches in from the Big 12. OU recruits nothing but 4 stars and above and can't play D.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Assemble part of his own staff? Agreed. Assemble his entire staff? Disagree. I am not up on Riley's background as others who believe Jones will aggressively go after him but Jones has never had a post-Johnson head coach that he has not had some say in naming assistants or coordinators, including Parcells. What personal or professional qualities does Riley seemingly possess which would make him the exception of how Jones has done things in the past?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Assemble part of his own staff? Agreed. Assemble his entire staff? Disagree. I am not up on Riley's background as others who believe Jones will aggressively go after him but Jones has never had a post-Johnson head coach that he has not had some say in naming assistants or coordinators, including Parcells. What personal or professional qualities does Riley seemingly possess which would make him the exception of how Jones has done things in the past?
LMAO at a Big 12 coaching staff coming into the NFL. Hell, Bama and Clemson's would struggle let alone a conference that doesn't play defense.