Young and Titans win their 6th in a row!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Anyone comparing what Smith has done to what Vince did in college knows there is none; VInce was superman compared to Smith. And by the way, Bledsoe stank it up THIS year; last year he was decent.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Troy Smith couldnt hold a candle to Vince Young... You'll see him fall flat on his face at the pro level.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;1255175 said:
Troy Smith couldnt hold a candle to Vince Young... You'll see him fall flat on his face at the pro level.
There would have been no doubt that if VY would have stayed for his senior year that not only does VY win the Heisman by the hugest margin in history but also beat Ohio St for their 2nd straight national championship. But oh well... at least VY went to a team that i could enjoy rooting for

jay cee

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1255046 said:
it's hard to slow down, to get a bead on a QB running w/ the football, esp. when the play isn't a designed run, as a QB, you don't need to be fast, you just need a few moves

Staubach was incredible on the move. In traffic his strides would take him from side to side, somewhat like a speedskater. He was tough as nails and a joy to watch.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
burmafrd;1255174 said:
Anyone comparing what Smith has done to what Vince did in college knows there is none; VInce was superman compared to Smith. And by the way, Bledsoe stank it up THIS year; last year he was decent.

Talk about knowing nothing... the proven one...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Da Hammer;1255189 said:
There would have been no doubt that if VY would have stayed for his senior year that not only does VY win the Heisman by the hugest margin in history but also beat Ohio St for their 2nd straight national championship. But oh well... at least VY went to a team that i could enjoy rooting for

Longhorn homer alert

David

scottsp

Reaction score
While Vince hasn't exactly been Dan Marino, you can definitely see why the Titans snatched him up all too happily with the third pick. The intangibles beginning with the incredible poise he brings are enough for me.

I'm an Orangeblood, so there's obvious bias with me.

Yes, their offense has been anemic at times and their defense has been forced to make plays. But there is an upside to Vince that should make every Tennessee fan just absolutely giddy knowing he's in the fold for years to come.

I just wonder, who the hell does he have to throw to? Travis Henry is a solid vet running back, but aside from Young do they have anything resembling a playmaker on that side of the ball? Doesn't seem so.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;1255076 said:
Troy Smith does not have the WIN factor that VInce Young has. No comparison.

Yes he does. He has won like his last, what, 20 games. It's just not as dramatic as what VY's has been.

But VY sure looks good.

Since we beat the Titans, and VY's first game. They started winning after 0-5.
Since we gave PM and the Colts, they have looked pretty bad, and lost what, 4 of 5 after 10-0?

MONT17

Reaction score
Silverstar;1254971 said:
This team could really be next years' Chargers and are now 8-7.

Young throws 2 more TD's and Travis Henry gets 135 yards today.

Titans last six games...

31-13 at Philly
24-21 Gnats at home
20-17 Colts at home
26-20 at Houston
24-17 Jags at home
30-29 at Buffalo

I'm just happy Young is having so much success and isn't a bust, like so many draftniks predicted he would be....you know who you are. :)

I want to feel sorry for Houston fans... but then again I recall that silly ESPN commercial where the guy says "the Texans will win the SUPER BOWL in 3 years"... I think it was David Carrs older brother... I cant stop laughing!

David Carr over VINCE YOUNG, MATT LEINHART and JAY CUTLER!!!

how do u miss judge 3 guys in the same draft let alone a guy that grew up down the street?

I will not be shocked if that team ends up in LA before the decade is out!!!

:lmao2:

kevwun

Reaction score
Troy Smith is a heck of a qb. The biggest knock on him is his height. He's listed as 6'1", but everything I've read suggests he'll measure slightly under 6" at the combine. He's not Vince, but that doesn't mean he's not a really good qb.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
dbair1967;1255398 said:
Longhorn homer alert

David
Do you seriously have nothing better to do than to follow me around on every thread and criticize my thoughts???? BTW you can ask Ohio St fans there thoughts about what i said and most would probably say the same

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dbair1967;1255398 said:
Longhorn homer alert

David

True.

But Dave, you did say the guy wasn't going to snap as a QB in the NFL.

Merry Xmas too and I look forward to your analysis after the game (especially if we lose) :D.

- Mike G.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
kevwun;1255745 said:
Troy Smith is a heck of a qb. The biggest knock on him is his height. He's listed as 6'1", but everything I've read suggests he'll measure slightly under 6" at the combine. He's not Vince, but that doesn't mean he's not a really good qb.

True.

Troy Smith is a winner too, he is just not a physical freak like Young is. I root for all Texas Colleges but that game was extremely close when OSU played Texas last year and some think if Smith would have played the entire game, the Horns may have gotten the short end of the stick.

But I like thoughts. Just because one guy is good, doesn't mean the guy right after him isnt good either.

- Mike G.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1255761 said:
True.

But Dave, you did say the guy wasn't going to snap as a QB in the NFL.

Merry Xmas too and I look forward to your analysis after the game (especially if we lose) :D.

- Mike G.

yeah I did say that...but he hasnt even started one full year yet either

teams will play him different next yr, and his passing still has a long ways to go

that said, he's done far better this yr than I imagined he would, although he is surrounded by a team thats better than people want to give them credit for...he also has an excellent coaching staff, they are doing a good job with him so far

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Da Hammer;1255747 said:
Do you seriously have nothing better to do than to follow me around on every thread and criticize my thoughts???? BTW you can ask Ohio St fans there thoughts about what i said and most would probably say the same

I doubt they'd agree with you...

Texas lost alot of talent to graduation and the NFL did they not?

OSU did too, but they've returned to have a better team this year than Texas did...Texas isnt losing games because of Colt McCoy

David

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
dbair1967;1255764 said:

teams will play him different next yr, and his passing still has a long ways to go

that said, he's done far better this yr than I imagined he would, although he is surrounded by a team thats better than people want to give them credit for...he also has an excellent coaching staff, they are doing a good job with him so far

David

Yeah

And the funny thing about it, wasn't there about 10 or so threads (when things werent going so great around here) about what was so good about Jeff Fisher and he wasnt good enough to coach the Cowboys etc etc.

That guy is a heck of a coach

I will eat a little crow myself, I thought Lindale White would be more productive than Bush.

Im gonna duck now.

- Mike G.

cstanton1987

Reaction score
dbair1967;1255764 said:

David
So we should give everyone but VY credit?

How come those same underrated players didn't perform as well for Kerry Collins? Give the man his proper due you sound like a hater you might as well say wait until teams get tape on him

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cstanton1987;1255774 said:
So we should give everyone but VY credit?

How come those same underrated players didn't perform as well for Kerry Collins? Give the man his proper due you sound like a hater you might as well say wait until teams get tape on him

I did give him credit, but he isnt the only reason they are winning games now

they have a very solid OL and running game

their defense has been opportunistic and made plays at key times

they have outstanding special teams

its great the W/L record he has, but Young had nothing to do with a guy making a 60 yd FG, nor did he have anything to do with a team scoring 3 defensive TD's to win a game that his offense couldnt even produce 100 yds of total offense in or even score itself

he's had a nice rookie year, but he isnt the sole reason they are doing well

David