Young and Titans win their 6th in a row!

cstanton1987

Reaction score
dbair1967;1255786 said:
I did give him credit, but he isnt the only reason they are winning games now

they have a very solid OL and running game

their defense has been opportunistic and made plays at key times

they have outstanding special teams

its great the W/L record he has, but Young had nothing to do with a guy making a 60 yd FG, nor did he have anything to do with a team scoring 3 defensive TD's to win a game that his offense couldnt even produce 100 yds of total offense in or even score itself

he's had a nice rookie year, but he isnt the sole reason they are doing well

David
Of course football is a team game but your downing his passing skills when he has been increasingly more accurate as the season has progressed. He's growing better and more confident every game and you hate it. Why?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Honestly, anyone who tries to downplay what Vince Young means to the titans really does not understand football teams.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
burmafrd;1255834 said:
Honestly, anyone who tries to downplay what Vince Young means to the titans really does not understand football teams.

Or is just hard-headed to a fault and will never let go of an opinion no matter what.

Young puts that team in position to win. He scrambles for huge first downs and makes solid reads on others to move the football and keep the defense off the field.

He is a big part of why that OL is successful and why that running game goes.

But hey, the "geniuses" that vote for the Heisman didn't recognize his greatness until it was too late so why should one hater who was set on him failing?

VY is also the Cowboys best friend this season. He helped beat the Skins, Giants and Eagles.

VY is more like McNair than Vick. He is big and can throw. He can be streaky but when he is on he is electric and his teammates believe in him. He is not a 6 foot 200 pounder like Vick. The guy has Payton Manning size and excellent wheels.

He will only get better as time passes but the fact he is doing so well already is telling for his future.

The one QB I feel he most resembles is Ben R. A pre-motorcycle injury Ben R that is. He can just keep the chains moving.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
jterrell;1255859 said:
Or is just hard-headed to a fault and will never let go of an opinion no matter what.

Young puts that team in position to win. He scrambles for huge first downs and makes solid reads on others to move the football and keep the defense off the field.

He is a big part of why that OL is successful and why that running game goes.

But hey, the "geniuses" that vote for the Heisman didn't recognize his greatness until it was too late so why should one hater who was set on him failing?

VY is also the Cowboys best friend this season. He helped beat the Skins, Giants and Eagles.

VY is more like McNair than Vick. He is big and can throw. He can be streaky but when he is on he is electric and his teammates believe in him. He is not a 6 foot 200 pounder like Vick. The guy has Payton Manning size and excellent wheels.

He will only get better as time passes but the fact he is doing so well already is telling for his future.

The one QB I feel he most resembles is Ben R. A pre-motorcycle injury Ben R that is. He can just keep the chains moving.

Thats a pretty good analysis. I do think, He is better than Ben R., not in throwing department, but leadership. I just don't think the big stage will give him stage fright like it seemed to Ben R. in SB. But Ben R. was better at throwing than Vince though. Vince does have ways to go in that department, but I am surprised at the success he has had throwing, considering his funky machanics.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;1255881 said:
Thats a pretty good analysis. I do think, He is better than Ben R., not in throwing department, but leadership. I just don't think the big stage will give him stage fright like it seemed to Ben R. in SB. But Ben R. was better at throwing than Vince though. Vince does have ways to go in that department, but I am surprised at the success he has had throwing, considering his funky machanics.

thx.

the one thing that struck me about Ben R last year in the playoffs was how bad his mechanics and arm were. he tossed up a lot of prayers to Ward and always seemed to get good results. he really came across as a winner to me. this year he looked lost after the accident and lack of playing.

the thing w/ young is defenses love to attack but he actually attacks back. he is not at all scared of getting hit. he just shreds tackles and will use his outlet receivers like the fullbacks and tight end. when a guy will attack you they start settling back on their heels and are easy to gash in the running game.

about late enough to set the kids stuff out see you guys tomorrow:) and merry christmas to all.

Reaction score
i was actually at this game.. my buddy of mine loves the bills..

a few quick thoughts..

vince yuong is unbelievably clutch
and pacman is ridiculous.. he seemed to shut down his man, and his return game is to die for

and bills stink in the redzone

Reaction score
I'm tired of the nay sayers talking about Vince Young, no denying the kid is a winner and will tear the NFL up for years to come. Write me down as predicting he'll be the first QB to run for 1,000 and throw for at least 3,500 yrds......

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Some guys can throw good, some can run good, some can do a little of both, to me, Vince Young just knows how to win. I don't care how he manages to do it, he just finds a way to do it.

That's all I care about when it boils down to it, can we get the "W". Roethlisberger was not the best QB last year, but somehow he just managed to win!

joseephuss

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1256011 said:
I'm tired of the nay sayers talking about Vince Young, no denying the kid is a winner and will tear the NFL up for years to come. Write me down as predicting he'll be the first QB to run for 1,000 and throw for at least 3,500 yrds......

Won't happen. He won't carry the ball enough in any season to gain 1,000 yards in a season. Nor should he carry the ball that much. He is going to continue winning games by improving on his passing and only running in spurts. It is not the total amount of rushing yards that is helping the Titans, it is when he runs and the effectiveness of those runs.